Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Spacebear

Rate this Entry

Halo Reach is ruining my grades

Posted 10-10-2010 at 08:43 PM by Spacebear

I can't say I played a lot of Halo 3 online. I really liked it (after they patched the melee), but it didn't have the same vibe as Halo 2. But more importantly, 2007 was apretty good year for gaming. Rock Band, Mass Effect, Bioshock, and Call of Duty 4 were giving me a lot to play. And up to the day of release of Halo 3, the Call of Duty 4 beta was still going on. I played the hell out of that beta. I still used the Forge quite a bit, but I didn't go too far into multiplayer.

Now, Halo Reach is really only competing with games on my pc that I never finished, Starcraft 2, and homework. And I'm having more fun with Reach than previous entries.

Case in point: I had math to do before midnight on Saturday. Not any more important than any other assignment, but mistakes add up. I was shooting grunts in the face. Calculating how many games until my next level reminded me of the math that actually mattered.

I like how streamlined the game feels. Everything works like I imagine it, and I am appreciating all the little things they added.

Campaign wise, in my personal rankings, I put it over Halo 2 and ODST, under Halo CE, and I don't remember Halo 3's campaign well. I just know I liked how it ended. Maybe I'm remembering Halo CE a little too fondly, but I played it after getting into Halo 2, and enjoyed the campaign a lot more.

Multiplayer is same as always. Better than most of the other games, certainly more accommodating to various styles of play; the Halo sandbox is good at diversity. But this time around, there are an abnormal amount of remakes. Halo has a great history of maps to reimagine, but I like exploring new spaces. The new ones don't stray far, but they know what works for Halo at this point, and what sucks (looking at you, Snowbound).

I'm still getting used to the new Forge, and while my adjusting doesn't look pretty, the new amount of options is pretty insane. I am currently designing a map of my own right now; I have some ideas and plans for how the map will flow.

I would write more, but I actually need to study now. I'm devoting a ton of time between two days to study for one test (by my standards at least). But there are no classes Thursday and Friday, so I will be playing catchup Halo then.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7600 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments