Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Mav

Rate this Entry

Need Help Getting Common Medicine

Posted 08-17-2014 at 04:23 AM by Mav

If you don't mind taking a couple of minutes to read this, I thank you;

Currently being unemployed is hard in my city and state. Our state government cut back unemployment benefits to almost nothing, and my chosen career field of computer science has left my job hunt lacking. While I have the skill set to do many jobs aside from computer repairs, such as data entry, customer service, helpdesk support, technical support, etc these jobs get filled quite quickly, often by people who have more experienece in the field than I do.

And while being unemployed is hard, living on goverment assistence, or "food stamps" as we might call them, can be a lot harder. While my benefits do allow me to put food on the table for my family, what they don't do is allow for the purchase of basic needs, paper towels, toilet tissue, and common medicines such as aspirin or tylenol. You'd think that wouldn't be a big deal but when you don't have health insurance, and can't regularly visit a doctor or even pay for prescription medicines if you were lucky enough to get them, then you know how you depend on something as simple as aspirin to help fight headaches.

So straight to the point? I need some help. My families food stamps is great for providing food but nothing else. We can't purchase any type of medicine from a grocery store or drug store. No cough syrup during the winter when head colds are common, no tylenol if one of us were to get a fever, no basic aspirin for headaches, heck not even a bandage for a papercut. We've made due for as long as we can, stretching every last dollar we could. But we have no dollar to stretch. Hence, we're asking you, if you can chip in a dollar here, a dollar there, it would help us get these basic necessaties that government help won't allow us to purchase. We're only asking for a total of $50 now, to at least get us through a month or two and hope something comes up in the mean time. After I lost my job I moved back home to live with my mother and my aunt, both elderly citizens. My aunt works but she's coming up on retirement soon, and my mother's physical conditions from back problems prevent her from working and as you saw it's not been easy for me to find a job (I also really cannot look outside of my career field for a job as I also have physical issues that prevent me from doing manual labor).

If you can help out, we would be most appreciative and greatful. If not, we understand and thank you for your time.

If you can help out, I've set up a GoFundMe page, over at http://www.gofundme.com/d4lyys
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 27362 Comments 1 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Mav, here's another place where you may find some help/assistance - needymeds.org