Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Demo_Boy

Rate this Entry

Games or film? An article about HOPE

Posted 05-02-2013 at 08:12 AM by Demo_Boy

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/stev...inema-address/

Quotable quotes:

"...trying to reach an audience was like trying to hit a thrown baseball... with another thrown baseball"

ďDo you know how lucky we are to be doing this? Do you understand that the only way to repay that karmic debt is to make something good, is to make something ambitious, something beautiful, something memorable?Ē

"A few years back, I got a call from an agent and he said, ďWill you come see this film? Itís a small, independent film a client made. Itís been making the festival circuit and itís getting a really good response but no distributor will pick it up, and I really want you to take a look at it and tell me what you think.Ē The film was called Memento. So the lights come up and I think, Itís over. Itís over. Nobody will buy this film? This is just insane. The movie business is over."

"The other thing I tell young filmmakers is when you get going and you try to get money, when youíre going into one of those rooms to try and convince somebody to make it, I donít care who youíre pitching, I donít care what youíre pitching Ė it can be about genocide, it can be about child killers, it can be about the worst kind of criminal injustice that you can imagine Ė but as youíre sort of in the process of telling this story, stop yourself in the middle of a sentence and act like youíre having an epiphany, and say: You know what, at the end of this day, this is a movie about hope."

What, is this guy like my hero or something? What is the thing you say in a pitch for games? The same thing?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8348 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments