Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > Gaming Hell

Hey, you've reached the blog of Jim Hunter (aka modeps) on EvilAvatar.com... please leave a message after the beep.
Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Welcome to Hell.

Posted 10-23-2009 at 06:10 AM by modeps

Hey folks, welcome to my blog on EvilAvatar.com. Many of you don't know anything specific about me, so I figure I'll use this opportunity to share some interesting insight into the real, more human side of modeps.

My name is Jim Hunter and I've been playing games for as long as I can remember. From writing stupid little BASIC programs on a TRS-80, jumping off my parents' bed playing the Atari 400 version of Miner 2049er, through all the other consoles and many PCs, till today... I've always enjoyed the games. I blame my father mostly, because he enabled it. I like to think I know a crap ton about video games, but not to the point where you can ask me stuff like "What twist is revealed in the very final moment of Arx Fatalis, as the camera pulls back from Arx in the end movie?" because I don't freakin' know. (trivia question stolen from Giant Bomb)

I'm married, have 2 young daughters, and live in a house in Connecticut with them all. As you all know, this is a volunteer website, so this isn't my full time job... Instead, I work on some *nix servers and do some PHP coding.

I have a little medical condition called Barrett's Esophagus. Basically, too many late nights in college with too poor eating habits led to severe acid reflux that turned into this condition. It kind of sucks, but now I've got to take medication daily for it and go for periodic upper endoscopies.

Hmm... what else can I share with you, the reader? Not much really. I'm not exciting... I don't like going out and getting "totally wasted" (although that was a phase in my life and I do enjoy a quality beer), I rarely get out to movies due to the two younger daughters thing, and I hate the telephone.

That's all for now.
Posted in General Modeps
Views 28697 Comments 2 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Aww... we love you Jim!
    *flashes bewbs*

~Shela Monster
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks Shela, you be good people... and look at that rack!