Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs

Old

My Concern With Next-Gen Consoles

Posted 05-21-2013 at 01:03 PM by sai tyrus

In my previous post about the Xbox One’s hardware specifications, I cited some statements from an in-depth look at the console via Wired. Written by Chris Kohler, the article mainly focuses on the console’s online functionality, particularly, whether or not it requires an always-on internet connection. At one point, the question was asked whether or not installing game discs was mandatory....
Renegade Paragon
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8540 Comments 0 sai tyrus is offline Edit Tags
Old

Has Star Trek Lost Its Way?

Posted 05-19-2013 at 09:05 AM by sai tyrus

Following my impressions of Star Trek, I posted a write-up in response to a fascinating article, The Principles of Star Trek. You can read more here.
Renegade Paragon
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12922 Comments 0 sai tyrus is offline Edit Tags
Old

Why Borderland 2's Newest Piece of DLC Should Bother You

Posted 05-13-2013 at 03:38 PM by sai tyrus

The fine folks at OTF Gaming were nice enough to let me be a guest contributer. I wrote a piece on Borderlands 2, and my beef with the latest bit of DLC to come out way.

Quote:
Gearbox used to be one of my favorite up-and-coming studios. I loved the first two Brothers in Arms games for the original Xbox. Despite Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway being a miss (at least in my book), I held the faith. Then the studio that I adored gave
Renegade Paragon
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 66902 Comments 4 sai tyrus is offline Edit Tags
Old

Is Far Cry 3 homophobic?

Posted 05-12-2013 at 04:37 PM by sai tyrus

Today I thought about a story Kotaku posted earlier in the week...

Quote:
Kotaku recently posted on the possibility of Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon being a bit homophobic. They post the following conversation between the main character, Sergeant Rex “Power” Colt and his comrade, Spider…

Spider: Wakie wakie, motherfucker. Ops says there’s a delay in the feed, they need to recalibrate your ass.
Renegade Paragon
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11754 Comments 0 sai tyrus is offline Edit Tags
Old

Flashback Fridays - Battletoads!

Posted 05-11-2013 at 10:34 AM by sai tyrus

This week, I look back at one of the most memorable games I ever played, Battletoads. Remember this shit? Awesome!

Quote:
This is the first of many posts to come as I recount games, movies, and books of the past. Kicking it off is a game I fondly remember from my youth featuring three steroid-infused amphibian siblings, Battletoads. I nabbed my first Nintendo in the early nineties. How, I have no idea, as
Renegade Paragon
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7642 Comments 0 sai tyrus is offline Edit Tags