Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs

Old

Dear YouTubers, Stop Screaming

Posted 06-30-2012 at 08:42 PM by Mav

I usually don't rant about much, but this is a building trend amongst popular youtubers that drives me up the wall.

Swifty, Yogscast, Nova, CaptainSparklez, and many others, stop SCREAMING into your microphones when you get excited playing a game.

I understand the fun, enthusiasm and excitement you get some times. But I think you forget that with your high quality microphones, and going from a normal speaking voice to SUDDEN SCREAMING is fucking annoying.
Mav
Moderator & Nerd For Life
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6839 Comments 0 Mav is offline Edit Tags
Old

Kingdom Rush hitting iPhone and iPod Touch tonight, 99 cents

Posted 06-27-2012 at 06:38 PM by Mav

Lucky iPad owners got this awesome wacky cartoon tower defense-like game a few months ago. You can play the free flash version on various flash sites like Kongregate and Armour Games, its a great game. Now iPhone and iPod Touch users get their shot at it, for a dollar. Totally picking this up tonight, review for it soon :0
Mav
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6676 Comments 0 Mav is offline Edit Tags
Old

The Death of Gaming, Or the Ode to it's History?

Posted 06-26-2012 at 09:57 PM by Mav

If you asked me a few years ago, did I think video games as a whole was a dying industry, I would have said no. With some really unique and cool games to appear in that time, such as Journey on the PS3 or DayZ for the PC, you would think we're at an all time high of gaming history.

I think, we are not. Now, I don't think we're looking at a "video game industry crash" of 1983 again where stagnation, over saturation and lack of imagination kind of all fueled together a decline....
Mav
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6405 Comments 0 Mav is offline Edit Tags
Old

Asphalt 7 comes out tonight, 99 cents

Posted 06-20-2012 at 01:23 PM by Mav

Yep. Some don't like Gamelofts iOS games but Asphalt should really be their flagship series, gameplay is fairly good, some very beautiful graphics, good controls and always a low price point. Should be doing a review of this tonight / tommorrow.
Mav
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6760 Comments 0 Mav is offline Edit Tags
Old

Nothing but Bastion

Posted 06-12-2012 at 08:00 PM by Spacebear

I recently got Bastion through the Humble Indie Bundle, as it was one of those games I never got around to last year (It came out last year, right?). But as I was loading it up, something odd came to my head.

That was all I was doing.

There wasn't a popup saying a friend was online. Steam wasn't telling me some games were on sale. I wasn't navigating Xbox Live's ad infested dashboard. I just played.

I don't know why, but it was just something that struck...
dold everywhere else
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10288 Comments 0 Spacebear is offline Edit Tags