Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > BeardedSonOfNel

1. Old Comment

The Cost of PC Gaming

Thanks for the comment! I hope to free up some time soon to add another blog to the list!

On your point about preferences... I'd like to think that was the case, but I've run into so many people (even friends) that just think PC gaming costs more, or that you have to play with game settings for hours to get the game to work. Oh well, as long as they are having fun I guess that is all that matters, but I'd rather save money over time, have backwards compatibility, and a larger more diverse section of games to choose from.
    Posted 12-11-2013 at 06:40 AM by BeardedSonOfNel BeardedSonOfNel is offline
  2. Old Comment

The Cost of PC Gaming

Love your posts man. Keep it up!

Great points. I think what it ultimately comes down to for most people is preference, especially when one considers the points you made. For me, after 21+ RRoDs, I spent literally thousands of dollars like a damn moron. When a PC breaks, I replace the part. Also, my games transfer across hardware. Good stuff. This, coupled with another friend's post, have gotten me thinking on writing something similar. Thankee sir!
  3. Old Comment

Mixed Tapes

Beautifully personable. Good stuff!
  4. Old Comment

Next Gen Blues Follow Up

No prob dude. And totally agree with the point made. I bought my my boy and myself a copy of Torchlight II for less than twelve bucks. The savings are phenomenal. The up-front cost is the only steep part. Great stuff!
  5. Old Comment

Next Gen Blues Follow Up

Just a quick follow up to the follow up...

I got the 660 installed, and I have to say It is a nice improvement. It's running Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon with most settings on Ultra.

BTW I'm digging the shit out of Blood Dragon that I got for $6.00 off of Steam. The PC Might start out at a slightly higher price point than one of the new consoles, but the savings in games and performance is worth it in the end.
    Posted 11-11-2013 at 01:13 PM by BeardedSonOfNel BeardedSonOfNel is offline
  6. Old Comment

Next Gen Blues Follow Up

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sai tyrus View Comment
    Fuck yeah dude. Glad you're enjoying it. My cousin has a similar set up. Inspired me for future builds. Hit me up if ya ever wanna game! I have practically no PC crowd to game with. Regardless, happy you're digging it! Game on brotha!
    Thanks Man! I'm not much of an online gamer, but every once in a while I get a bug up my ass to do it. I'll add you to my Steam friends list for possible future online play.
    Posted 11-11-2013 at 12:54 PM by BeardedSonOfNel BeardedSonOfNel is offline
  7. Old Comment

Next Gen Blues Follow Up

Fuck yeah dude. Glad you're enjoying it. My cousin has a similar set up. Inspired me for future builds. Hit me up if ya ever wanna game! I have practically no PC crowd to game with. Regardless, happy you're digging it! Game on brotha!
  8. Old Comment

Next Gen Blues

Good write-up. I come from the generation of gamers right after you and grew up knowing the sweet embrace of a Nintendo in my early years. I went through some of the same back and forth motions you did. And even though building a PC is far more expensive, I went that route because the hardware is more reliable. And if a part breaks, I can replace it. I stopped counting after I had 21 360s RRoD on me. After that, Microsoft lost whatever good will they had from me. I never intend to go back, at least on that platform. I want the freedom to choose. And with a family, I want good deals. PC is the place for me. But to each his own. Glad to see you're coming home sir. I'm on steam if you ever want to join me.