Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > sai tyrus

Rate this Entry

Why Borderland 2's Newest Piece of DLC Should Bother You

Posted 05-13-2013 at 03:38 PM by sai tyrus

The fine folks at OTF Gaming were nice enough to let me be a guest contributer. I wrote a piece on Borderlands 2, and my beef with the latest bit of DLC to come out way.

Quote:
Gearbox used to be one of my favorite up-and-coming studios. I loved the first two Brothers in Arms games for the original Xbox. Despite Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway being a miss (at least in my book), I held the faith. Then the studio that I adored gave us Borderlands. Now, I didn’t play the title as much as most, but I loved that the game combined the progression and loot drops of Diablo with that of a competent shooter.

Then Duke Nukem Forever came out. But my blind fanboyism wrote it off. “The game was practically made before Gearbox got a hold of it,” I told myself. “They’ll do the IP justice when they can start from scratch.” I, like many others, was in a state of denial.
Full write-up here. You get to see a pic of a younger me and know my full name. Just don't kill me, I've got a great life and family! You're welcome to stop by and have a cup of tea though!

-ty
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 66912 Comments 4 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Yep Gearbox is dead 2 me.
  2. Old Comment
    Me too. They have a lot of goodwill they need to earn back. Dunno if they can, especially from me!
  3. Old Comment
    Your full write-up link seems to be dead
    Posted 08-31-2014 at 08:19 AM by BeardedSonOfNel BeardedSonOfNel is online now
  4. Old Comment
    Aww, bummer. I wrote for those guys a while back and the site has since gone defunct. I'm pretty much writing solely for my site now. Anyone I contribute to has to allow me to keep my own content so I can also post it on my site. So long as I'm alive and kicking, my stuff will always be there for your viewing pleasure. I appreciate your interest, good sir! Thanks for reading and trying to keep up with some of my pieces! Damn shame as this was one I was really proud of. Shouldn't be a problem for any content moving forward as you'll be able to find it at my blog. Again, thanks for reading bud!