Evil Avatar  

Go Back   Evil Avatar > Blogs > lost

Rate this Entry

Weekly Comic Roundup - w/c 1st November

Posted 11-05-2009 at 02:39 PM by lost
Tags comics

A week with a fair amount of fan service and a heavy metal icon enters the world of comics.

Batman: Widening Gyre #3

I got to attend one of Kevin Smith's Q&As recently and it was a really great night. What surprised me was the amount of people interested in asking questions about his comic books. It would appear his work with Batman and others is starting to overshadow the Jersey Trilogy. It might be easy to see why, this is another great series. As I understand it this will be the second last issue for around 6 months. Bruce Wayne gets reacquainted with an old flame while fighting crime. Kinky!

Lobo: Highway to Hell #1

Scott Ian of Anthrax has taken to comics and decided to write a Lobo story that throws the Comics Code right out of the window. With only two issues it'll be interesting to see how all of the planned carnage will play out in terms of story. When Lobo irks Satan he finds himself looking over his shoulder. From the description of dolphins and cruise ships it seems like it might take place at sea. Something different!

Psylocke #1

A fan-favorite X-Person makes a return in her own ongoing series. After some pretty crazy events Psylocke finds herself returning to Japan in order to properly bury her own body. She should really know better, visiting Japan guarantees ninja activity in comic books. It's an unwritten rule. Sure enough dudes clad in black who are big fans of the Hand swoop down and carnage ensues.

The Timeless Adventures of the Eternal Warrior

I think Paul Grist is probably one of those guys who gets interrupted a lot. Possibly by Doctor Who. There's rarely a new issue of Jack Staff but instead we have an entirely separate one-shot, in the same style, with a very impressive title. The Eternal Warrior is a time traveler who has turned up late to stop a woman names Bernadette becoming Empress of the Universe. Quirky as always.

Posted in Comics
Views 14605 Comments 0 Edit Tags
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments