Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Division 2 Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252145)

Evil Avatar 03-08-2018 08:52 AM

The Division 2 Announced

Quote:

An Announcement from Massive Entertainment on The Division 2

What an incredible few years it’s been for the team here at Massive! When we first began work on Tom Clancy’s The Division, we knew we had something special and something we believed in so strongly that we wanted to make sure we got it right. We also knew we couldn’t achieve that goal without your help.

Since the launch of The Division two years ago, we’ve remained focused on this philosophy. We continue to create more opportunities to interact directly with livestreams, ongoing surveys, and social media. We also introduced public test servers as a way of getting immediate feedback before integrating major features and changes into the game. We’ve never stopped wanting to make The Division better and our most recent 1.8 update is a testament to that, as seen from your overwhelming feedback and support.

All of these new features and experiences have made our team better, too. We’re nimbler and better prepared to take action based on feedback. And now, more than ever before, we have a clear vision of what’s important and what continues to make The Division a special experience for so many people. Following our Year 2 anniversary celebration, we’re going to keep supporting that experience with new title updates that will bring new Global Events, Xbox One X enhancements, and more.

That said, we’ve always envisioned the story in the game we launched in 2016 as the beginning chapter in a larger saga, and today we’re excited to share more info about what’s next for The Division universe.

We’re thrilled to announce that we are working on Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, and that development will be led by Massive Entertainment in collaboration with Ubisoft Reflections, Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Annecy, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Bucharest. The Division 2 will be powered by an updated version of the Snowdrop engine that enables us to realize our ambitions for the sequel, but more importantly, we’re also taking everything we learned over the past two years and applying it towards the sequel to make sure we get it right.

Part of that means recognizing your commitment to The Division. With that in mind, we’re adding a new type of achievement called “Shields” to the game. Earning them will unlock special rewards in The Division 2 when it launches.

On behalf of all the teams at Ubisoft, we thank you for the support you’ve given us over the past two years, and we hope that our continued work will earn that support for many years to come. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for The Division 2 at E3 2018 in June. See you then!”

Julian Gerighty - Creative Director, Massive Entertainment
news.ubisoft.com

The Division is here to fix all of the mistakes made by the first team that they have had over a year to fix and have mostly ignored. So, enjoy???

Dag-Sabot 03-08-2018 09:01 AM

No way man, I loved that game before they completely screwed it up and their $dlc was mostly garbage.

Booda 03-08-2018 09:07 AM

I jumped back into TD (PC) in early January & I've been having a blast. If you haven’t played it since the 1.8 patch was released in December then you need to give it another go. Some of the best end game content that I’ve seen in a long time. Most of the people that have figured out that Destiny 2 is a big shit heap have migrated over to The Division.

Meeks 03-08-2018 09:56 AM

Looking forward to checking it out in open beta before moving on!

shadow763 03-08-2018 10:20 AM

I tried going back to this game in 2017. Still couldn't bring myself to play more than an hour. I never even beat the main story. Just boring.

SpectralThundr 03-08-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2507934)
I jumped back into TD (PC) in early January & I've been having a blast. If you haven’t played it since the 1.8 patch was released in December then you need to give it another go. Some of the best end game content that I’ve seen in a long time. Most of the people that have figured out that Destiny 2 is a big shit heap have migrated over to The Division.

This, I stopped playing a bit after launch with the Darkzone being the only end game content back then, a friend and I went back to it just recently and have been having a blast with the new missions and incursions and stuff, really having fun. Still some of the best sound design work in a game in a long time.

Crimson 03-08-2018 11:33 AM

I also played the beta, didn't think much of it. A friend got me to pick it up and we had a great time with the story mode. The Season Pass stuff wasn't really worth it. Last year they added more stuff to the core game with more endgame story content/missions and some new stuff. One of my favorite shooter coop experiences.

vallor 03-08-2018 12:37 PM

This built the framework for a whole generation of Ubi games to follow. Hated parts of it but The Division did way more right than wrong, IMO. Great game. I put close to 300 hours into it; far more than most other non-WoW games.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson
The Season Pass stuff wasn't really worth it.

This for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson
One of my favorite shooter coop experiences

This too.

ElektroDragon 03-08-2018 12:54 PM

Yaaaaaaaawn.

Exodus 03-08-2018 01:06 PM

It's just hard to like a game that's supposed to be semi realistic and have normal looking enemies that take 3 clips in them to die.

SpectralThundr 03-08-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2507971)
It's just hard to like a game that's supposed to be semi realistic and have normal looking enemies that take 3 clips in them to die.

I don't ever remember it being based on realism despite the Clancy brand being used, it has shit all to do with Tom Clancy really. The game is a action RPG pretty much with guns and really fun co op. Honestly Co Op is really where the Division shines in terms of enjoyment.

Dag-Sabot 03-08-2018 01:41 PM

Don't forget at least three in game currencies last time I checked.

thatlukeguy 03-08-2018 03:33 PM

I'm gonna wait for The Division 5. Now that should be amazing. They'll have really fixed it by then!

PacerDawn 03-08-2018 03:57 PM

The Division is fun for what it is, and it's definitely not realistic due to the enemy bullet sponges. You can even choose a difficulty level at the end, which I really like.

I do have one major issue with it.

The Survival mode in the second expansion is the most popular mode from what I understand. I thought it sounded fun too, and I was really looking forward to it. I saved it until I got through the entire story. And then...

I'm not a PVP'er so I mostly do PVE. Remember the old PVE MMO's? Everquest for example? Where people could swoop in and take your kill/loot at the last second? Well, apparently the devs thought that was so much fun, they brought it back for this mode! I was playing with a couple of friends and, after a marathon fight, we barely got down a yellow bar boss--only to have some jack-hole appear out of nowhere and scoop up the loot. One of the guys I was with who plays this mode a lot said that happens all the time.

Granted the loot in Survival mode is temporary and vanishes when you exit, but you still get the full experience of working hard for something only to have it stolen away at the end.

Fun?

Evil Avatar 03-08-2018 04:39 PM

Me and Emabulator got in a bunch of great co-op games of The Division until we ran out of content and you all know the Dark Zone was a joke, it was just an area for people to grief other players.

I'm not sure they will fix these problems, because as I said above, they have had a year to fix this stuff and haven't bothered.

We still had a good time with the game, so I can see myself buying the sequel.

Skunk 03-08-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 2507971)

THIIIIISSSS. Maybe it isnt supposed to be realistic but then COD hardly is either. I just can't jive with the bullet sponginess in this game. if we were fighting zombies or aliens or something I could probably hang but my brain violently reacts to dropping 20 rds of 9mm into a man wearing cloth and having him shrug it off.

Also never finished the campaign cause I just got bored of the story. The tale peaked for me when you kill Joe Ferro. That was so beautiful for me because of the irony in wiping out the Cleaners: they were basically no different than the Agents. Just didnt have badges.

SpectralThundr 03-08-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dag-Sabot (Post 2507975)
Don't forget at least three in game currencies last time I checked.

Two of which you get in game for doing missions and other stuff on a regular basis, the real dollar currency is ONLY for cosmetics. Which is fine.

SpectralThundr 03-08-2018 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2507994)

Me and Emabulator got in a bunch of great co-op games of The Division until we ran out of content and you all know the Dark Zone was a joke, it was just an area for people to grief other players.

I'm not sure they will fix these problems, because as I said above, they have had a year to fix this stuff and haven't bothered.

We still had a good time with the game, so I can see myself buying the sequel.

The DZ is why I stopped playing after finishing the story when it launched. Now however there's plenty of end game content that doesn't involve the DZ at all.

Booda 03-09-2018 07:16 AM

The DZ can be really fun but unless you're a geared out PvP beast (I'm not) you need to go in there with a certain mindset to enjoy yourself.

This guide helped me out a ton. A Cowards Guide to the Dark Zone

When I'm in there I treat it like a game of cat & mouse. You're always on edge looking over your shoulder. Do I hear what sounds like a large firefight a few blocks away? Better head in the other direction. That player that happened to group up with you instead of shooting you in the face & help you clear out landmarks for the last 20 mins.? Well, they could you turn on you at any moment & often do. But that's also what can make it so much fun. It really can be the Wild West in there.

I had been looking for a NinjaBike bag (a piece of gear that's a game changer) to drop for well over a month & finally after downing a named elite a few weeks ago one did... in the Dirty Zone of course. Just trying to extract that bag out was one of the most intense moments I've had in gaming the past few years. Gear earned in the DZ feels completely different than gear earned anywhere else in the game because more often than not it's gonna have a story to go along with it. You're more likely to remember that piece of gear you finally successfully extracted after popping multiple extraction sites in hope of fooling/evading a 4 man rouge team who's only mission is to hunt your ass down & steal your shit as opposed to a piece of gear that simply dropped from a cache.

For most of us (especially those of us running solo) there isn't going to be much that's very easy about running the DZ. But it sure can be fun sometimes.

brandonjclark 03-09-2018 07:25 AM

DZ is impossible to survive in for more than 30 minutes if you aren’t grouped up or are lucky enough to find someone who doesn't want to kill you and pillage your corpse.

I waited to play DZ until I had finished the entire story, which was a mistake. I suggest playing DZ right from the beginning.