Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game & Movie Releases for the week of April 8th to April 14th, 2018 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252813)

Evil Avatar 04-09-2018 11:56 AM

Game & Movie Releases for the week of April 8th to April 14th, 2018

Game & Movie Releases for the week of April 8th to April 14th, 2018.

Retail Games
Extinction (PS4, Xbone)
R.B.I. Baseball 18 (PS4)

Movies & TV
The Greatest Showman
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay
Outlander: Season 3
Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke 40th Anniversary
Molly's Game
Proud Mary
Phantom Thread
Braven
All the Money in the World
Gone Are the Days
Cleopatra
Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds
Vice Principals: The Complete Series
Condorito: The Movie
Super Lovers: Season Two
Garo: Red Requiem
Full Moon High
Superbeast
Crucible of Horror
The Psychopath
Red Rings of Fear
Ajin: Demi-Human: Season 2
Puzzle and Dragons X: Part Two

Box Office
Truth or Dare
Overboard
The Rider
Borg vs McEnroe
Beirut
Marrowbone

vallor 04-09-2018 12:09 PM

They seriously did a remake of Overboard?

There was absolutely no reason to remake that movie. It was a great romcom movie but nowhere near "remake" land.

I really like Anna Ferris but I hope this thing falls on its face.

LostToys 04-09-2018 02:04 PM

Truth or Die looks so bad. I can't even imagine the pitch for that film, let alone executives going, "This sounds like a hit!"

Chimpbot 04-10-2018 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2510172)
Truth or Die looks so bad. I can't even imagine the pitch for that film, let alone executives going, "This sounds like a hit!"

It feels like it belongs in the early 00's; it's the perfect sort of shitty horror movie for the worst decade the genre saw in quite some time.

There's a whole lot of nothin' this week, which is surprising. There's usually at least one movie or something I want to pick up...but, this is an incredibly dull week.

I'd consider getting Attack on Titan with Orcs at some point down the road when it's on sale, though.

Mad Max RW 04-10-2018 09:10 AM

Powering through season 2 of Jessica Jones. The first episode is borderline unwatchable pandering SJW shit. Every liberal stereotype of NYC is represented and is forced in so awkwardly it slows the episode down and distracts from whatever the story is supposed to be. A few episodes later it catches its stride and by episode 5 I'm very entertained and want to see more. But man it can get shit sometimes. Carrie-Anne Moss (Hogarth) is awful and whenever it switches to her story there's a countdown until the next disgusting lesbian sex scene while crying about her disease. It not that I don't like lesbian sex scenes, but watching her and some homeless woman and a room full of out of shape prostitutes doesn't do it for me. I have no sympathy for her character and wish she would die already. Rachael Taylor (Jessica's adopted sister Trish) is decent then suddenly annoying and I hope she dies as well. Krysten Ritter (Jessica) is great and pulls the show together. Her mother is also great.

LostToys 04-10-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2510204)
It feels like it belongs in the early 00's; it's the perfect sort of shitty horror movie for the worst decade the genre saw in quite some time.

That's the only reasonable explanation I can accept: they had a script that they bought back when teen horror movies were in vogue, and they only now got around to making it. Otherwise, there is no excuse for this garbage.

Evil Avatar 04-10-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2510219)
That's the only reasonable explanation I can accept: they had a script that they bought back when teen horror movies were in vogue, and they only now got around to making it. Otherwise, there is no excuse for this garbage.

I am stuck taking a car load of teen girls to see this one, so that should tell you who the target audience is for stuff like this.