Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Witcher Arrives on Netflix December 20th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263667)

Evil Avatar 11-01-2019 09:23 AM

The Witcher Arrives on Netflix December 20th

You can't outrun destiny just because you're terrified of it. Henry Cavill is Geralt of Rivia.

The Witcher arrives December 20.

NACIONAL 11-01-2019 10:03 AM

Looks very good!!!!

CthulhuFan 11-01-2019 10:50 AM

Cautiously optimistic. Not a fan of inserted diversity but I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Trailer looks legit.

PacerDawn 11-01-2019 10:56 AM

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more fantasy series after the enormous success of Game of Thrones. There is so much out there to work with. How about an Elric mini-series? Or my personal favorite, a series based on the world in the Books of Swords by Fred Saberhagen?

brandonjclark 11-01-2019 11:06 AM

Damn, I was totally wrong. It looks.... good.

CthulhuFan 11-01-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2547360)
I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more fantasy series after the enormous success of Game of Thrones. There is so much out there to work with. How about an Elric mini-series? Or my personal favorite, a series based on the world in the Books of Swords by Fred Saberhagen?

Elric would be awesome. I only got 3-4 books into the Saberhagen stuff and got side tracked by Glen Cook and ... uh, who wrote The Merchant Prince (not going to google, just memory).

Amazon is doing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time which is one of my all time favorites but ... casting indicates SJW poz ... I have the same stance on that; we'll see.

NACIONAL 11-01-2019 01:13 PM

I would like to see a series based on thefairly unknow Powder Mage saga by Brian McClelan...

it is only 6 books (the sixt and final book will be released this december) but the story and the fantasy is top notch

vallor 11-01-2019 04:26 PM

Also, in the cautiously optimistic frame of mind.

ElektroDragon 11-01-2019 08:42 PM

I just CAN'T. I look at this and all I can think is why is Superman dressed as the Witcher?!

Cavill was the best Superman actor ever. He should keep playing Superman. It's a crime that he won't be.

ascl 11-02-2019 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2547369)
I would like to see a series based on thefairly unknow Powder Mage saga by Brian McClelan...

it is only 6 books (the sixt and final book will be released this december) but the story and the fantasy is top notch

Powder mage would be pretty awesome to see as a series or movie!

Mad Max RW 11-02-2019 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2547415)
I just CAN'T. I look at this and all I can think is why is Superman dressed as the Witcher?!

Cavill was the best Superman actor ever. He should keep playing Superman. It's a crime that he won't be.

He was begging for the role before casting started and is a huge fan of the books and games. There isnít a better prepared actor in the world.

Itís a shame he was a good Superman dropped in bad movies. Iím glad heís free of that mess and is doing what he loves. You donít see that often.

vallor 11-02-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2547463)
He was begging for the role before casting started and is a huge fan of the books and games. There isnít a better prepared actor in the world.

Itís a shame he was a good Superman dropped in bad movies. Iím glad heís free of that mess and is doing what he loves. You donít see that often.

He was definitely the Best Superman IMO, too though I'll have a special place in my heart for Christopher Reeves. I don't think all the movies were bad though, I like MoS quite a bit despite the silverwash on each frame to dim the colors; that's just a Zach Snyder thing and unfortunately permeates most of the DCU movies. And Justice League was a good popcorn movie for me.

BvS had its issues and is definitely the weakest of the three for a variety of reasons.

Like I said above, I find myself looking forward to this series and will binge it asap!

Azzy 11-02-2019 11:30 PM

Man is it lame that people still get killed in shows like this by a slash across the chest. If people were that easy to kill there wouldn't be any.

Evil Avatar 11-03-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2547415)

I think he fits the look of Superman, but the dark brooding Superman of the two Zack Snyder films just doesnít work. Superman should be the lighter, uplifting hero of the DC universe. The bright side to Batmanís dark side. And they never gave Cavill the chance to be that character. He needed some moments where he was bright, happy, perhaps even funny. And I think as an actor her certainly could do those moments. I hope they bring him back for another movie, but I donít think thatís happening.

After the success of Joker, you can bet that Zack Snyderís ďdarkĒ DC universe is going to be back in a big way. Donít be surprised if we even finally see the studio put money into the Snyder cut and release it into theaters.

ElektroDragon 11-03-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2547517)
I think he fits the look of Superman, but the dark brooding Superman of the two Zack Snyder films just doesn’t work. Superman should be the lighter, uplifting hero of the DC universe. The bright side to Batman’s dark side. And they never gave Cavill the chance to be that character. He needed some moments where he was bright, happy, perhaps even funny. And I think as an actor her certainly could do those moments. I hope they bring him back for another movie, but I don’t think that’s happening.

After the success of Joker, you can bet that Zack Snyder’s “dark” DC universe is going to be back in a big way. Don’t be surprised if we even finally see the studio put money into the Snyder cut and release it into theaters.

DC has always been darker than Marvel. Every major Marvel hero is a happy go lucky jokester except maybe the Hulk. It's a good counterpoint of differentiation among the universes. And happy Superman is so 1940s and was done to death in the 80s movies. Superman should be a tortured character, an orphan with a lot of responsibilities. He should be allowed to get angry.