Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263776)

Jetherik 11-08-2019 08:04 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Lots of football, basketball, hockey, soccer... A sports weekend! What are you playing this weekend?

BalekFekete 11-08-2019 10:14 AM

Will be a weekend of Modern Warfare for me...

Chief Smash 11-08-2019 10:28 AM

I'll be freezing my backside off with the family at the UMASS/Army game tomorrow. That's about the only "game" time I'll be getting.

Evil Avatar 11-08-2019 11:27 AM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...17ae3691_z.jpg

There is a Death Stranding tie-in available right now for Days Gone. You can get BB as your bike tank or an alternate tank that is just Death Stranding themed. The new patch will also let you re-set the hoards if you have finished the game.

I might play that one for a bit while I wait for Death Stranding to arrive. And probably Modern Warfare until I run out of single player campaign.

Meeks 11-08-2019 12:13 PM

Just reinstalled Diablo III, so I'm curious to see how it's changed since I last played.

I'm not a college football guy, so I'll be watching RedZone on Sunday. My Eagles are on a Bye this week, so I'm mostly looking forward to watching the Vikings beat the Cowgirls and the Seahawks take down the 49ers.

Also, it's time to upgrade the living room TV and I'm starting to look at early Black Friday deals. Anyone have any advice on finding the lowest price? This is the one I'm looking at. It was going for about $2,500 up until last week when most places dropped it down to ~$2K. I'm prepared to buy at that price, but would love to see it get closer to $1,500. I'd prefer to buy from an authorized dealer.

Cheers!

Booda 11-08-2019 02:26 PM

Got my copy of Death Stranding this afternoon so I'll be checking that out over the weekend.

Chimpbot 11-08-2019 04:18 PM

As soon as I get home from a work trip on Sunday, I'll be tearing into Death Stranding and probably catching some football. The Cowboys don't play until 8pm, and I like watching at least one game I don't have to stress over.

My copy of the ridiculous collector's edition was delivered today, but I won't get to see it until Sunday morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 2547816)
I'm not a college football guy, so I'll be watching RedZone on Sunday. My Eagles are on a Bye this week, so I'm mostly looking forward to watching the Vikings beat the Cowgirls and the Seahawks take down the 49ers.

Cry, Eagles, Cry! :D

rulyblue 11-08-2019 04:30 PM

The outer worlds and
Diablo 3
I have the itch.
They make a cream for that right?

ElektroDragon 11-08-2019 05:43 PM

Dragon Quest Builders 1. After telling myself I hate building games and Minecraft style games and putting it on my shelf for 2 years, all of a sudden I'm hooked.

Also revisting Horizon Zero Dawn.

On Xbox I'll be playing Need for Speed HEAT! And Outer Worlds. And Gears of War 3 story. Almost done so I can play Judgement, 4, then 5.

And I'll be watching Doctor Sleep and Terminator 3 (again.)

TheHulk 11-08-2019 09:04 PM

My wife is having some ankle surgery this week so I'll be deciding on what new Switch game to take to my 3 days of hell in the hospital. Kind of thinking Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or the new Zelda remake. Anybody playing anything good on the iPad?

Chimpbot 11-09-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHulk (Post 2547839)
My wife is having some ankle surgery this week so I'll be deciding on what new Switch game to take to my 3 days of hell in the hospital. Kind of thinking Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or the new Zelda remake. Anybody playing anything good on the iPad?

UA3 is pretty good, but I had more fun when playing with at least one other person. Link's Awakening is a great remake/update, and I've been having a blast with Luigi's Mansion 3 while on a trip for work this week.

I hope your wife's surgery goes well! I can sympathize; my wife shattered her elbow a few years ago playing roller derby. Since it was her dominant arm, it made the proceeding two weeks pretty difficult. It won't be fun, but the both of you will get through it!

BeardedSonOfNel 11-09-2019 08:10 AM

I'm thinking more of The Outer Worlds, but who knows.

Evil Avatar 11-09-2019 08:21 AM

I put in an hour or so in Death Stranding when it finally arrived. It’s kinda hilarious, because they do a lot of info-dump right in the beginning to try to explain this weird world that they have set up. After a year of people online going “What is this game about?” The game goes out of it’s way to try to explain the plot to you right up front. It almost tries too hard. A little bit of mystery would have gone a long way.

The graphics are amazing, though the gameplay so far is mostly just walking from one place to another.

Chimpbot 11-09-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2547845)
I put in an hour or so in Death Stranding when it finally arrived. It’s kinda hilarious, because they do a lot of info-dump right in the beginning to try to explain this weird world that they have set up. After a year of people online going “What is this game about?” The game goes out of it’s way to try to explain the plot to you right up front. It almost tries too hard. A little bit of mystery would have gone a long way.

The graphics are amazing, though the gameplay so far is mostly just walking from one place to another.

Without having touched it, I've seen folks talk about how getting to Chapter 3 ASAP is helpful; the game really opens up from there on out.