Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Get Dead Space For Free From Origin (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251615)

Emabulator 02-13-2018 12:26 PM

Get Dead Space For Free From Origin

Visceral Games' excellent survival-horror game Dead Space is 'On The House' right now via EA's PC portal, Origin.

Quote:

Let the nightmare begin
Itching to hack, slash and blast your way through hordes of zombie-alien hybrids? It's your lucky day! Grab Dead Space for free and start your fight for survival.

VideoMike101 02-13-2018 01:38 PM

They already gave it away free once. I guess they're out of games.

excalibur1814 02-14-2018 05:14 AM

I sent a message to a work friend, "Dead Space is free on Origin," to which he replied,
"I've no idea what that is?"

The franchise is officially dead.

I base this off of one friend so it must be true.

Blog 02-14-2018 06:49 AM

Tell your friend to go download it, the first one is great. The franchise died because the sequels were lame action schlock (anyone remember the light gun rail shooter on the Wii?).

Evil Avatar 02-14-2018 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2506062)
I sent a message to a work friend, "Dead Space is free on Origin," to which he replied,
"I've no idea what that is?"

The franchise is officially dead.

I base this off of one friend so it must be true.

I only wish this wasn't true. It is the one franchise that EA never screwed up, so of course they canceled it and fired the entire development team.

brandonjclark 02-14-2018 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2506066)
I only wish this wasn't true. It is the one franchise that EA never screwed up, so of course they canceled it and fired the entire development team.

Ha, I'm playing through it now. Only have about 1 hour left., I think.

I think it's a great game.

Hydroeric 02-14-2018 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2506066)

When Dead Space became playable on Xbox One last year I actually picked up the game used just to replay it. Really too back after Dead Space the series started to get corportized with BS changess for microtransactions in DS3.

I'd love to see a proper return to this series.

Mad Max RW 02-14-2018 11:11 AM

Never got through the first one because of the awful fov, the Hanna-Barbera obviousness to scripted monsters, and third person view sucks for combat in cramped interior environments. Functionally I didn't see how it was any better than The Thing game from a few years prior. Stylistically it was really cool. Give me a first person remake. Or revive the series with cues from Alien Isolation.

Laz 02-15-2018 12:51 AM

I wish more 3rd person views would provide a first person perspective as an option.

Karai Pantsu 02-15-2018 09:57 AM

First game: pretty great.
Second game: almost as good, but you could see the money-grubbing beginning.
Third game: Jesus christ, what a batch of committee designed crap.