Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Warner Bros. officially casts Robert Pattinson as The Batman (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260829)

Evil Avatar 05-31-2019 04:55 PM

Warner Bros. officially casts Robert Pattinson as The Batman

Quote:

Robert Pattinson is going to be the star of The Batman after all. Ever since rumors first popped up that Ben Affleck may not stick around in the DC universe to play Batman, who will step into the suit after him has been one of the biggest questions for fans. Director Matt Reeves now has control of the property and is reportedly going to use The Batman as a reboot of what Affleck and Zack Snyder did with the character to this point by going back to the earlier years of the Dark Knight.
Screenrant.

brandonjclark 05-31-2019 05:46 PM

At least they went with someone who looks badass.

Wait.

vallor 05-31-2019 05:51 PM

Going for the "over 40 female" demo.

Joliet Jake 05-31-2019 07:40 PM

Robin?
Mmmmaybe.

Batman?
Ouch.

Why doesn't Warner Bros just burn a big pile of cash instead and save us all two hours?

Evil Avatar 05-31-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliet Jake (Post 2538541)
Why doesn't Warner Bros just burn a big pile of cash instead and save us all two hours?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...a7e86f6e_c.jpg

karaliusbronius 05-31-2019 11:25 PM

Maybe he'll be in the suit the whole time and it won't matter lol

vallor 06-01-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2538558)
Maybe he'll be in the suit the whole time and it won't matter lol

This is one of my favorite "defense" type posts of his casting.

Some out of touch fuckstick in hollywood says:
Quote:

IndieWire’s managing editor Christian Blauvelt shared this sentiment on Twitter: “Keep in mind that this man has, in the past seven years, worked with Cronenberg, Herzog, the Safdie Bros., James Gray, and Claire Denis. To want to play Batman NOW must mean he has one helluva vision for the character – and it’ll enable him to keep doing those auteurist films.”
He worked for some critical darling writers and directors who pump out Oscar bait movies with box-office takes somewhere near the yearly income of a poor, unemployed coal miner. Now he's doing Batman because he's a starving artist who needs the cash infusion from a big budget movie so he can keep following his "heart" in artsy fartsy movies.

Sorry, this says NOTHING about his suitability to play the role and BE Batman, it just tells us some selfish fucker in Hollywood would rather not sully himself with a mainstream movie but must to keep doing their "art".

Unless he hits the Whey shakes and weights to bulk up that suit may have to be so padded to give a believable Batman build he won't be able to move.

I mean, he looks terrible hipster/emo anorexic.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05...9316888708.jpg

On the other hand, in this image vs. Willam Defoe he actually doesn't look too bad.

https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content...3-AM.png?w=780

Azzy 06-01-2019 01:06 AM

The worst part is that there's an entire generation who's going to look at this guy, and go, yeah, Batman.
Clooney - NO
Kilmer - NO
Afleklol - LET WE NOT SPEAK

This asshole? Well, we had a Joker catch us on the chin and raise a franchise past what we had been willing to commit.
We DO NOT WANT more ORIGIN. Fyi.

excalibur1814 06-01-2019 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2538559)
Unless he hits the Whey shakes and weights to bulk up that suit may have to be so padded to give a believable Batman build he won't be able to move.

This.

I think he'll be okay as long as he 'does' actually put the effort in. Think 'Henry Cavill' sized in Man of Steel. Or Kurt Russel, in Soldier. Batman needs beef as he's basically male perfection in the comics. For once I'd also like them to really dive into the 'detective' side of Batman. He's a damn pro at that stuff so show it.

Plus action. Yeah, yeah, okay, flash some Pattinson backside for the ladies and get on with hitting stuff in the face. I WANT 80% Batman and 20% Bruce Wayne. Batman is the star, not the character playing Batman.

Optimistic.

PacerDawn 06-01-2019 08:29 AM

Come on guys! Robert played a vampire in a mega-franchise! Vampires change into bats. Bat-man? It's no wonder they chose him!

On another note, I think they are getting Jim Parsons to play Superman.

https://i.imgur.com/CPz3Nnh.jpg

Evil Avatar 06-01-2019 08:57 AM

I think I will reserve judgment. While not one of the people who thought Heath Ledger couldn’t be the joker, I will admit to a certain amount of skepticism since he had only played shallow pretty boy characters up to that point.

Pattinson, as listed above, has been working his ass off for the last decade since Twilight to build himself up again as a serious actor. And a couple of the movies he has made were pretty darn good. A little on the self indulgent artistic for the sake of being artistic for sure, but still pretty darn good.

We are stuck with him now, so let’s just hope for the best.

Evil Avatar 06-01-2019 08:58 AM

Oh, I’ll add that I’m dying to see that Lighthouse movie he did with Defoe. I’m hearing good things.

SpectralThundr 06-01-2019 10:26 AM

I still think Christian Bale was a decent Batman, yes I realize I'm likely in a minority in thinking that.

Evil Avatar 06-01-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2538583)
I still think Christian Bale was a decent Batman, yes I realize I'm likely in a minority in thinking that.

I think Bale did a decent job, but the fact that they couldnít get his voice right over three movies really puts a damper on a re-watch.

PacerDawn 06-01-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2538581)
Oh, Iíll add that Iím dying to see that Lighthouse movie he did with Defoe. Iím hearing good things.

Are there any trailers for this or plot or anything? So far all I've seen is that one still image and that's it. No trailer, no plot synopsis, nothing.

Evil Avatar 06-01-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2538587)
Are there any trailers for this or plot or anything? So far all I've seen is that one still image and that's it. No trailer, no plot synopsis, nothing.

I think there are some reviews around from the convention presentations.

I will find one.

Mad Max RW 06-01-2019 02:49 PM

He will be a fine Bruce Wayne/Batman. What remains to be seen is if there’s a great script to work with. I do not trust WB after how badly they’ve fucked EVERYTHING.

Chief Smash 06-01-2019 06:40 PM

Now they need to cast Brock Lesnar as Robin.

DingBat 06-01-2019 07:21 PM

I’m probably in the minority here but I actually thought Afleck did a really good job as both Batman and Bruce Wayne.

I don’t think Afleck was all that buffed before he got the role either.

Evil Avatar 06-01-2019 10:23 PM

The Lighthouse - Variety Review.

Still doesn't really say much of what it's about. Two guys hanging out in a lighthouse who sometimes see weird stuff and then take their rage out on each other. Filmed in black & white in full frame?

It'll be a rental for sure.