Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bethesda E3 2018 Press Conference (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253934)

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 06:25 PM

Bethesda E3 2018 Press Conference

Mad Max RW 06-10-2018 06:40 PM

Andrew WK won E3.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2514502)
Andrew WK won E3.

Yea, that was just painful to watch. Like most of this Press Conference, you can tell that the audience isn't even sure what to think.

Wolfenstein Youngblood? Is that a real game? It seems like they were kidding.

Quake Champions? Why even bring that up? It came out, it failed. Move on.

New modes and DLC for Prey? A game that even Amazon can't give away. (I've heard it isn't a bad game, but either way it bombed... why bother throwing good money after bad?)

Mad Max RW 06-10-2018 07:38 PM

Doom sequel is good news. Fallout 76 looks like garbage. And no way will it have mod support.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2514506)
Doom sequel is good news. Fallout 76 looks like garbage. And no way will it have mod support.

Yea, DOOM is the only thing I've been interested in. You could totally tell that the audience didn't even think Wolfenstein Youngblood was a real product. I'm still not sure if they are serious.

Fallout 76 might be fun on a private server with a few friends, I wouldn't have any interest in playing it on a public server. Why build a base if some monster is going to smash it or some other player will just nuke it? I'm not sure I quite get that one.

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 07:58 PM

Oh, did you catch the Dishonored dis? He said that Starfield was their first new franchise in 25 years... what a slam on the Dishonored team.

Capt_Thad 06-10-2018 08:13 PM

Finally got the Starfield tease we've been asking for. Fallout 76 seems interesting, but I still have a ton of questions about how they're handling it. Think I'll be all over Elder Scrolls Blades though.

I'll keep an eye on Rage 2. The Just Cause/Mad Max guys seem like a good place for the IP. I like that Bethesda's pushing VR titles too, have to watch Prey and Wolfenstein's VR stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514510)
Oh, did you catch the Dishonored dis? He said that Starfield was their first new franchise in 25 years... what a slam on the Dishonored team.

Bethesda Game Studios wasn't involved with Dishonored. They only make Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles. Starfield is their first new IP since they created The Elder Scrolls.

That'd also be a shot at Rage and The Evil Within if it were from the perspective of Bethesda Softworks.

blackzc 06-10-2018 08:45 PM

I just can tell the difference between this E3 and 2010s E3. Its all running together.

That said, ill be watching Nintendo Direct because they make me happy.

And that cringy German dude that worked on Wolfenstien. Yeesh. Was he wound up or what?

wunshot 06-10-2018 08:48 PM

Pretty funny. :)

LostToys 06-10-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Well, technically Prey uses the name from an established series, but more to the point, this Bethesda's first in-house developed game in 25 years, rather than new games under their publishing umbrella.

ElektroDragon 06-10-2018 09:43 PM

What they should have done is capitalized on the Skyrim success and released a new Elder Scrolls mainline game... this Starfield thing looked completely boring? Every time I see a game like that I think Eve Online (yawn) and boring space sim crap. Maybe it's actually more like Starflight or No Man's Sky done right, then I'd be interested.

Primus 06-10-2018 09:47 PM

Fallout 75 is what my buddy and I have been wanting for quite some time. Can't wait to check that out with a few friends.

The latest Doom was excellent, so I'm hoping for more of the same.

ministryofwrath 06-10-2018 10:00 PM

If fallout has even a hint of the borderlands looting system, you can sign me up.

if it's going to be a excuse for endless loot box, outfit DLC with no content....burn it with fire.

I hope they made the animation system and combat better, otherwise this game might suffer a lot.

And no mod support alone is enough to make this game fail, they better come up with a way to support hosted servers so mods can be supported, otherwise they just lost a HUGE part of their fan base

Evil Avatar 06-10-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt_Thad (Post 2514511)
Bethesda Game Studios wasn't involved with Dishonored. They only make Elder Scrolls and Fallout titles. Starfield is their first new IP since they created The Elder Scrolls.

Bethesda financed it and published it.

JazGalaxy 06-11-2018 02:33 AM

Quote:

I often wonder how you hear and see things totally different than everyone else.

He said that Starfield was the first "wholly original" IP from them in 25 years.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazGalaxy (Post 2514540)
I often wonder how you hear and see things totally different than everyone else.

He said that Starfield was the first "wholly original" IP from them in 25 years.

Dishonored was ďwholly originalĒ. Itís a slam for your studio to finance a game and publish the game, the expansion pack and the sequel and then when it comes time to announce a new title for you to ignore your publishing partner like that. I get the idea that they donít own Arkane Studios, but I do think they own the Dishonored franchise ó it would be pretty unusual for them to not own the franchise.

Itís still a pretty big slam. They talked about Prey, their biggest flop in decades, and the didnít even mention Dishonored at all during the press conference.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2018 06:00 AM

I think for Fallout fans any new Fallout is a big deal, same with Skyrim fans, the confirmation of a new Elder Scrolls is a big deal.

But, the new Fallout has a lot of problems. It seems like it is just a big multiplayer deathmatch arena and not much else. That is something they should have realized by looking at other MMO’s is that you can’t have a MMO that is PvP only, because there are too many people who don’t want to play like that. He said several times you can play it single player if you want, and I assume that means there is some kind of an option to play on a private server, but really they just need some servers that are PvE and some that are PvE.

It is a shame they never did a beta test, because that seems like something that they would have realized that they needed if they had done a beta.

I doubt I’ll play this one unless there is some kind of an offline mode or a PvE mode. I love Fallout, but I never get around to playing them.

I was super excited by the new DOOM, but DOOM Eternal? Why not just DOOM II or DOOM II: Hell on Earth? Bad title, but the game will be great.

I am interested in Starfield. We know nothing about it, it is too early to think that it will just be EVE Online. I’m going to guess it will be something along the line of No Man’s Sky or Elite Dangerous and I’m good with that. Be nice to see a mainstream studio take on that kind of title. It’s been a long time since we have seen a space combat sim.

I think the press conference was kinda painful to watch, bad timing and the audience really didn’t seem to want to be there. If you had to drink every time there was an uncomfortable pause for applause, you would have ended up in the emergency room. But, the games look good.

Game wise, I think they showed more than EA and obviously unlike Microsoft they were showing off their own stuff so that’s always a win.

MechaDangerous 06-11-2018 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514548)
I think for Fallout fans any new Fallout is a big deal, same with Skyrim fans, the confirmation of a new Elder Scrolls is a big deal.

Completely agree. Fallout releases are always a big deal, so this will sell just like any other Fallout title. Same goes for Elder Scrolls. I'll pick them up as well and I'm sure I'll enjoy them. Speaking of which, I need to get back to Fallout 4 and complete that.

Quote:

But, the new Fallout has a lot of problems.

I think it's far too early to tell if it has a lot of problems. Maybe it'll come out of the gate strong. We just don't know yet. No reason to be Debbie Downer just yet.

Quote:

It is a shame they never did a beta test, because that seems like something that they would have realized that they needed if they had done a beta.

I honestly don't know if you just weren't paying attention, are just trolling, or if I'm misunderstanding your statement here, but there absolutely is a planned beta test for Fallout 76:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/buy-now

Quote:

I am interested in Starfield. We know nothing about it, it is too early to think that it will just be EVE Online. Iím going to guess it will be something along the line of No Manís Sky or Elite Dangerous and Iím good with that. Be nice to see a mainstream studio take on that kind of title. Itís been a long time since we have seen a space combat sim.

I completely agree with this. I love sci-fi games so I'm excited to see something set in space come from Bethesda. Far too early to speculate on what it is I suppose, but it really gets your mind racing as to what it could be.

Quote:

I think the press conference was kinda painful to watch, bad timing and the audience really didnít seem to want to be there. If you had to drink every time there was an uncomfortable pause for applause, you would have ended up in the emergency room. But, the games look good.

There were a lot of miscues or Todd Howard was just too eager to get out of there. I couldn't tell. I think the crowd was fine for the most part. They applauded for the big stuff, but I don't know if those awkward pauses were due to the crowd or to Todd Howard going faster than the teleprompter. Was odd to see.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2018 06:18 AM

I did see that they are doing a beta test, but I guess I was just thinking that since the title is coming out in mid-November, I’m not sure there is time to fix big issues like having PvE vs PvP servers.

I’m just worried that by releasing this year, they are going to have a lot of problems to fix as they go along. I’m not sure I need multiplayer in my Fallout, this one might be a pass for me unless I see something more definite on how you can play it single player.

Capt_Thad 06-11-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2514547)
Dishonored was ďwholly originalĒ. Itís a slam for your studio to finance a game and publish the game, the expansion pack and the sequel and then when it comes time to announce a new title for you to ignore your publishing partner like that. I get the idea that they donít own Arkane Studios, but I do think they own the Dishonored franchise ó it would be pretty unusual for them to not own the franchise.

Itís still a pretty big slam. They talked about Prey, their biggest flop in decades, and the didnít even mention Dishonored at all during the press conference.

Todd Howard, who made the comment, runs Bethesda Game Studios. Dishonored--they did talk about Death of the Outsider during the conference--is published by Bethesda Softworks, the game publishing arm of Zenimax Media and the host of the conference. These are two separate entities; they have been for almost 20 years now. Bethesda Game Studios did not produce, finance, or publish Dishonored.