Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The New Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Trailer is Here! #SpiderVerse (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256343)

Evil Avatar 10-02-2018 05:50 PM

The New Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Trailer is Here! #SpiderVerse

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1907/4...307301d334.jpg

“How many more Spider-People are there?” Watch the new #SpiderVerse trailer to find out. 12.14.18

Evil Avatar 10-02-2018 05:50 PM

LostToys 10-03-2018 03:23 AM

I hope this is good, but Sony has these worst track record of making good high budget films.

vallor 10-03-2018 06:13 AM

I'm somewhat interested in this. I dislike all the repurposing of old heroes, especially when the result seems to be to shoehorn in a minority to meet some agenda, but if they can tie the narrative together tightly it might make for a pretty good story.

karaliusbronius 10-03-2018 06:54 AM

They should tie in the next movie with a crossover with Batman.

Chimpbot 10-03-2018 06:56 AM

It looks like a fun movie. I doubt it'll be earth-shatteringly fantastic, but I think it'll be a decent Spider-Man flick.

MavenACTG 10-03-2018 08:17 AM

Of course they turned Gwen Stacey into a hipster.

skribb 10-03-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2522013)
Of course they turned Gwen Stacey into a hipster.

She looks -----------incredible-------------.

Go cry in a corner.

skribb 10-03-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2522006)
I'm somewhat interested in this. I dislike all the repurposing of old heroes, especially when the result seems to be to shoehorn in a minority to meet some agenda, but if they can tie the narrative together tightly it might make for a pretty good story.

What are you talking about? "minority" spider-man has been around for like 10 years.

Phoenix1985 10-03-2018 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skribb (Post 2522016)
What are you talking about? "minority" spider-man has been around for like 10 years.

He's a Trump supporter. Having a minority exist in a fictional work at all irks him.

SpectralThundr 10-03-2018 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 (Post 2522024)
He's a Trump supporter. Having a minority exist in a fictional work at all irks him.

lol and if they made Black Panther an old white guy you'd be having a tamper tantrum, go fuck yourself you little marxist commie.

vallor 10-03-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix1985 (Post 2522024)

He was one of the first of the wave, that's all. What was an interesting twist with Miles became a rush and then a new norm to see who could push the renovation of old characters the to the furthest and most extreme distance.

10 years later Marvel's comic division is closer to shutting down than ever before and almost all of their re-imagined heroes and SJW books have been canned in favor of the classic versions. Even they've admitted pandering to the fickle (and apparently non-comic buying) SJW audience wasn't a good idea.

Notice the Marvel Cinematic Universe (as well as the work Sony and Fox have done) sticks almost exclusively with the classic versions of the heroes with perhaps the most significant change being Samuel Jackson playing a black Nick Fury and Jordan playing a black Human Torch.

I guess they don't think a queer teenage Iceman was gunna draw in the audience in the X-Man reboots. Who would have thunk!

Maybe this flick will be one to turn that around and add some mainstream acceptance to at least a few of the variations of Spiderman outside of Peter Parker. We'll see. Like I said, I thought it looked at least a little interesting. And coming from a Trump voter that's apparently super amaze-balls praise for this movie to you lefty fuck-sticks.

SpectralThundr 10-03-2018 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2522030)
He was one of the first of the wave, that's all. What was an interesting twist with Miles became a rush and then a new norm to see who could push the renovation of old characters the to the furthest and most extreme distance.

10 years later Marvel's comic division is closer to shutting down than ever before and almost all of their re-imagined heroes and SJW books have been canned in favor of the classic versions. Even they've admitted pandering to the fickle (and apparently non-comic buying) SJW audience wasn't a good idea.

Notice the Marvel Cinematic Universe (as well as the work Sony and Fox have done) sticks almost exclusively with the classic versions of the heroes with perhaps the most significant change being Samuel Jackson playing a black Nick Fury and Jordan playing a black Human Torch.

I guess they don't think a queer teenage Iceman was gunna draw in the audience in the X-Man reboots. Who would have thunk!

but but how will they virtue signal then vallor?

MavenACTG 10-03-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skribb (Post 2522015)
She looks -----------incredible-------------.

Go cry in a corner.

Yes, she looks incredible. She also isn't who Gwen Stacey was. I see more of the female lead from The Lego Movie (GRRRRRRRL power), especially with that haircut and her being a creative-life musician.

That isn't to say you can't take old properties in new directions, but this movie looks and *feels* more like a Pixar film than anything. Peter Parker in particular.

Look, it ain't for me, I get it. Alternate dimensions, fine. Something irks me about the entire affair. Whatever. I'm not the customer.

Chimpbot 10-03-2018 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2522030)

To be fair, the first "minority" Spider-Man was introduced in 1992. His name was Miguel O'Hara.

Quote:

Nick Fury being black was first introduced in the Ultimate line, which is what the MCU has been drawing from pretty heavily. He was intentionally designed after Samuel Jackson, so casting him was pretty much a no-brainer.

Quote:

Maybe this flick will be one to turn that around and add some mainstream acceptance to at least a few of the variations of Spiderman outside of Peter Parker. We'll see. Like I said, I thought it looked at least a little interesting. And coming from a Trump voter that's apparently super amaze-balls praise for this movie to you lefty fuck-sticks.
Miles is arguably one of the few replacements like this that worked, arguably in large part because he was replacing an alternate version of Peter Parker. We still had the good ol' 616 Spidey, so having Miles run around on Earth-1610 wasn't as big of a deal. He was impactful enough that he was one of the very few Ultimate characters that survived and crossed over to the main line.

LostToys 10-03-2018 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2522026)
lol and if they made Black Panther an old white guy you'd be having a tamper tantrum, go fuck yourself you little marxist commie.

Maybe if he was still T'Challa. But if he was a completely different character, like White Wolf taking up the mantle of Black Panther, then it should not matter. This is what Miles Morales is. He is not replacing Peter Parker, he is replacing Spider-Man in an alternative universe where Peter Parker is dead.

I have no real problem when characters take on super hero personas that were originally used by someone else. Where I do take exception is when they replace the original character. For example, (Lady) Thor was not a problem because she become Thor, but did not take over Odinson's name, backstory or relationships.

vallor 10-03-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2522038)
To be fair, the first "minority" Spider-Man was introduced in 1992. His name was Miguel O'Hara.

Thanks for the corrections to my comic book history.

I thought there was a Hispanic spidey in there somewhere but for some reason thought it was Miles; I was confused when he turned out to be a black kid in the trailers for the movie. Now I know it was an entirely different dude altogether.

I am still intrigued in this movie. When I played the Marvel Heroes MMO I had every Spiderman costume; he was one of my favorites. Noir was a particularly top notch piece of work I spent a couple hundred bucks to secure, though this one has the top hat and long coat. Spider-Gwen stood out for the colors.

Chimpbot 10-03-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2522049)
Thanks for the corrections to my comic book history.

I thought there was a Hispanic spidey in there somewhere but for some reason thought it was Miles; I was confused when he turned out to be a black kid in the trailers for the movie. Now I know it was an entirely different dude altogether.

I am still intrigued in this movie. When I played the Marvel Heroes MMO I had every Spiderman costume; he was one of my favorites. Noir was a particularly top notch piece of work I spent a couple hundred bucks to secure, though this one has the top hat and long coat. Spider-Gwen stood out for the colors.

Miles Morales is the second Hispanic Spidey; he's Afro-Latino...although they just kinda made him a mashup of Obama and Donald Glover when they first introduced him.

Everyone kinda forgets about Miguel O'Hara, though. Spidey 2099 is still one of my favorites.

VenomUSMC 10-03-2018 04:57 PM

Hopefully it's good, although the style of art isn't my favorite.

Wizzkidd 10-03-2018 05:22 PM

I just don't like the look of the art. Looks like a Saturday morning cartoon or something. I don't know, something just looks off.