Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Blizzard Reveals A Packed Blizzcon 2018 Schedule (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256357)

Emabulator 10-03-2018 12:47 PM

Blizzard Reveals A Packed Blizzcon 2018 Schedule

Game Informer has the story.

Quote:

Blizzard has revealed the schedule for its upcoming Blizzcon 2018, and it's (unsurprisingly) jam-packed with nearly everything a fan could want. The two-day event is booked solid with panels, news, and esports event centered around the studio's big-name franchises.

Starting at 2:30 p.m. CDT on Friday, November 2, the event has a series of back-to-back panels discussing what's next for Diablo, Overwatch, Hearthstone, World of Warcraft, and Heroes of the Storm. Some of Saturday's highlights include a panel with Overwatch's voice actors and a session on World of Warcraft's world creation. You can go here to check out the complete schedule, so you can plan accordingly.

If you can't make it in person, you can pick up an online pass for $50 that will give you streaming access, a playable demo of World of Warcraft Classic, and in-game items for a variety of games. Go here for complete details.

Chief Smash 10-04-2018 03:39 AM

I'm a long time Blizzard fan and the wife and I did pick up the latest WoW expansion. But I haven't been this bored with them in a long time. I think it might just be burnout on their brands.

brandonjclark 10-04-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2522071)
I'm a long time Blizzard fan and the wife and I did pick up the latest WoW expansion. But I haven't been this bored with them in a long time. I think it might just be burnout on their brands.

They've got one of the most solid lineups of games out there today, but I'm also burned out of them.

They need a new game, bad.

Chimpbot 10-04-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2522074)
They've got one of the most solid lineups of games out there today, but I'm also burned out of them.

They need a new game, bad.

For me, I'm burned out and bored with them because aside from their two freemium games and Overwatch (now two years old), the only other new thing they're actively offering is yet another WoW expansion. We've also got an aging Diablo 3, along with Starcraft 2 that hasn't seen a meaningful/major expansion since 2015.

Oh, but we're getting yet another port of D3 soon. Huzzah.

Oddmaker 10-04-2018 11:08 AM

They don't need the money anymore ;)

MadMurdock_0311 10-04-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2522071)

I'm not so sure it's burnout, because I absolutely loved Legion, but this expansion is terribly boring... I don't like anything about it. Also, after losing Legendary talents (lvl 116?), my toons started to feel underwhelming and just not fun. You go from having multiple legendaries and an awesome artifact weapon, to the point where they all become nothing more than stat-sticks, and the Class Halls where you're a powerful hero are done with... you just don't feel as bad-ass anymore. I don't like the zones or any of the content... I couldn't stick around past level 117 before I cancelled my sub.

I think Legion is the best xpac they ever crafted, so it was inevitable that anything to come afterward would not reach or surpass it. Oh well... maybe I'll re-sub in a year and try it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2522077)
For me, I'm burned out and bored with them because aside from their two freemium games and Overwatch (now two years old), the only other new thing they're actively offering is yet another WoW expansion. We've also got an aging Diablo 3, along with Starcraft 2 that hasn't seen a meaningful/major expansion since 2015.

Well, they are working on another Diablo title, they just haven't released any information about it other than job listings.

solinari6 10-04-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2522077)

I've recently been playing D3 again, this time exclusively on hardcore mode. Suddenly the game is fun again! :D

Chief Smash 10-04-2018 02:00 PM

I didn't think Legion was a great expansion really. I liked some aspects of the artifact weapons and class halls and hated other aspects. I also didn't like the zones very much and they got worse as the expansion went on (Broken Shore and Argus were miserable.) I like the zones in BFA but the underlying systems do seem like more boring versions of what we got in Legion so that certainly doesn't help. But I still really think, for me at least, that it's just brand burnout.

LostToys 10-04-2018 03:04 PM

Like others have said, the issue is that Blizzard continues to offer new experiences, but only within the framework of games already available. So even if you have a new expansion, it feels dated because it is for a game that is multi-years, if not decades old. Showing off something that is new in a new game would be exciting, but even then, I would be tempered by knowing it is Blizzard, whom is notoriously slow in releasing anything.

Skunk 10-04-2018 03:08 PM

Kinda excited for a new Diablo because I just recently played it through and they offer a lot of cookie crumbs on how the next one will turn out. Never thought I would give a damn about the plot in the Diablo games but 3 was really quite solid in the storytelling department.

Korolev 10-05-2018 07:16 AM

I want to check out the WoW Classic demo, but it's not worth paying $60 just for that. I'm sure it'll launch early next year, though. Just want to know if the subscription for it applies to normal WoW as well.

MadMurdock_0311 10-05-2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korolev (Post 2522156)
I want to check out the WoW Classic demo, but it's not worth paying $60 just for that. I'm sure it'll launch early next year, though. Just want to know if the subscription for it applies to normal WoW as well.

Yea, I want to try it as well, but really... vanilla was kinda bad. Like when I went to private servers for my "vanilla fix" I realized that there are so many things bad about the early days of WoW. I'm sure they'll fix a lot of the issues that were present, so that it feels a bit more modern/updated, but ultimately I think games evolve for a reason.

Terran 10-05-2018 06:08 PM

They make solid stuff, but I'm bored with what I liked of their offerings. I hate HotS, quit Hearthstone ages ago, quit WoW ages ago, quit D3 ages ago, and hate Overwatch and Destiny (sick of fucking shooter bullshit...and CoD can get fucked too).