Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Venom is the Star of the Weekend Boxoffice Chart #Venom (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256430)

Evil Avatar 10-08-2018 05:22 PM

Venom is the Star of the Weekend Boxoffice Chart #Venom

This weekend Sony's Venom bit the head off the box office charts, breaking records and becoming the highest October opening for a movie of all time.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of October 5th to October 7th, 2018.
  1. Venom $80.2/$80.2
  2. A Star is Born $42.9/$44.2
  3. Smallfoot $14.4/$42.2
  4. Night School $12.5/$46.9
  5. The House With A Clock In Its Walls $7.3/$55.0
  6. A Simple Favor $3.4/$49.0
  7. The Nun $2.7/$113.4
  8. Crazy Rich Asians $2.1/$169.2
  9. Hell Fest $2.0/$8.8
  10. The Predator $.947/$50.0
  11. White Boy Rick $.603/$23.3
  12. Free Solo $.562/$.977

Venom once again shows that you totally can't trust movie critics any more, they trashed the film but the public showed up to see it anyway. We got out to see it, I would rate it around the quality of the worst of the Marvel movies... say around as good as the first Ant-Man.

Primus 10-08-2018 05:33 PM

Hoping for a huge drop-off next week. It would be great to have these characters back in the MCU, however possible.

vallor 10-08-2018 06:16 PM

I liked the first Ant-Man movie! Outside of the fact I was really never a big Venom fan I think I'm going to pass on this one.

I used to have the Secret War issues where Spidey got the symbiotic outfit but I never followed the storyline to the conclusion.

Plus I still can't get over Sean Penn's Harvey Milk accent coming from Tom Hardy.

Wizzkidd 10-08-2018 06:41 PM

Saw Venom, it was better than I expected after seeing the critical reception. I had a few nit-picks but if they release the full uncut R rated version later I'll pick it up.

Mozgus 10-08-2018 09:40 PM

I feel like Venom is getting the same unfair treatment BvS and Justice League got. It's almost like Disney owns all the critics or something.

NACIONAL 10-09-2018 06:57 AM

Ant-Man the first was really good and ejoyable. If that is the worst Marvel movie well there is no bad marvel movie then. (I haven't seem some of the marvel movies)

Chimpbot 10-09-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2522335)
Ant-Man the first was really good and ejoyable. If that is the worst Marvel movie well there is no bad marvel movie then. (I haven't seem some of the marvel movies)

Thor 2 is typically thought to be the worst of the bunch and even then, it really isn't all that terrible; it's just kinda dour. Ant-Man suffered from having a similar conflict as the first Iron Man and generally being yet another origin story. It's sequel, however, made up for that in spades.

LostToys 10-09-2018 01:26 PM

I really did not like Iron Man 2, Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The First Avenger. Outside of the original Iron Man, I have not really found any of the films to be groundbreaking, just enjoyable.

Wizzkidd 10-09-2018 01:56 PM

Wow, Ant Man 2 was terrible! Like almost all Marvel movies, I saw it in the theater, but that one was the first one I came out irritated with. The number of times they make random, illogical leaps that expect you to go "okay then, guess I won't get any explanations about that" was far greater than normal. I seriously dislike that movie.

I'm getting really tired of the MCU overall. With a few exceptions, they're all so bland and similar in tone and look and they're mostly all forgettable. I mean, there's almost never a time where I want to watch an MCU movie again at home. Once is enough. Other franchises and films get me to want to watch them several times and some keep me rewatching them for years. I've been a comic book reader since a child, and the MCU should be respected for what it's done, yet for me overall the movies are fun but forgettable.

I went to Venom with a friend who cant bring himself to like or really accept comic book films that aren't MCU. It's sad to see.

ElektroDragon 10-09-2018 06:29 PM

I loved Venom. Not as much as Infinity War, but still loved it. Tons of badassery.

Terran 10-09-2018 08:15 PM

I'm personally growing tired of the immense reliance upon CGI in the modern film industry. It's getting old.