Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Zelda Game In Development (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259686)

BeardedSonOfNel 03-31-2019 12:27 PM

New Zelda Game In Development

Via GameSpot
Quote:

Monolith Soft, the developer of the Xenoblade Chronicles series, is working on a new Legend of Zelda title. The studio's website is putting the call out for developers to join the project, and recruiting for programmers, designers, and artists, among other roles. It does not specify precisely what Zelda game these positions would be working on.

Although Monolith Soft is known primarily for its work on the Xenoblade Chronicles titles, it's no stranger to Zelda. The studio previously co-developed The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and, more recently, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, where it no doubt leveraged its expertise in creating vast open-worlds that players can explore.

Emabulator 03-31-2019 12:41 PM

Sounds good to me.

hurstshifter 03-31-2019 06:30 PM

This is incredible news

Chief Smash 03-31-2019 07:47 PM

I should be excited but all I can think is that it's going to result in a Zelda game that is going to take a thousand hours to beat.

PatrickRes9 03-31-2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534333)
I should be excited but all I can think is that it's going to result in a Zelda game that is going to take a thousand hours to beat.

Perfect. Slow burn, and money's worth x10000

Chimpbot 04-01-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534333)

Monolith has worked on the two most recent main entries, so I can't imagine their solo outing would be dramatically different from Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild, in terms of number of hours and whatnot.

shadow763 04-01-2019 05:23 AM

Water is wet.

MechaDangerous 04-01-2019 05:03 PM

This is interesting. I actually wasn't aware that Nintendo had another company assist with these Legend of Zelda games. I thought the IP was so near and dear to them that only Nintendo in-house people would work on a Zelda title.

I guess TIL.

Chief Smash 04-01-2019 05:54 PM

To each his own. Skyward Sword was regarded as pretty disappointing (though a lot of the ire was directed at the crappy controls) and though Breath of the Wild is considered a masterpiece by some, it was far from my favorite Zelda. Hopefully they bring back “real” dungeons and weapons that aren’t brittle. Still I did put 60-70 hours (for me that’s s ton) into BotW so I certainly wouldn’t call it bad. It just didn’t feel like Zelda to me.

SpectralThundr 04-01-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534423)
To each his own. Skyward Sword was regarded as pretty disappointing (though a lot of the ire was directed at the crappy controls) and though Breath of the Wild is considered a masterpiece by some, it was far from my favorite Zelda. Hopefully they bring back “real” dungeons and weapons that aren’t brittle. Still I did put 60-70 hours (for me that’s s ton) into BotW so I certainly wouldn’t call it bad. It just didn’t feel like Zelda to me.

Real dungeons? What you don't enjoy crate stacking jumping puzzle platforming ala 1985?

blackzc 04-01-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2534423)

I couldn't play SS due to the controls, the bird flying part in the beginning pissed me off, i sold the game and never went back. Id love a re-release with normal controls.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2534424)
Real dungeons? What you don't enjoy crate stacking jumping puzzle platforming ala 1985?

Your just now figuring out the video games have all been done since like 1993 and everything from then on are basically clones?