Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260311)

Jetherik 05-03-2019 09:12 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Summer is fast approaching. But who cares when there are games to be played. What are you playing?

BalekFekete 05-03-2019 09:35 AM

Stole* my son's PS4 and hooked it up to my TV/HT setup and going to start Spiderman today.

* - turnabout is fair play...he took my secondary X1 from the bedroom. ;)

MavenACTG 05-03-2019 09:53 AM

Days Gone. So many interesting things to say about the mechanics and feel of being there. Looking forward to Survivor Difficulty.

New pet peeve: killing all but a couple members of a Horde. Does the Horde regenerate? Do I have to search the area map for stragglers?

Evil Avatar 05-03-2019 05:41 PM

Days Gone! And some World War Z.

Meeks 05-03-2019 07:47 PM

City of Heroes, Rocket League, Overwatch

badclam 05-03-2019 11:39 PM

Playing Days Gone on PS4 and playing Snipperclips on the Switch with my daughter, Fun time's, and the Best Times!!!!

Divorced 05-04-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meeks (Post 2536764)
City of Heroes, Rocket League, Overwatch

City of Heroes??? How??

TheHulk 05-04-2019 03:17 PM

Final Fantasy 1

ascl 05-04-2019 03:46 PM

Some Anno 1800, but not too much, been pretty busy with renovation stuff.

dirtbag 05-04-2019 06:05 PM

Apex legends - i decided to give it a casual try, but got sucked in!

PatrickRes9 05-04-2019 07:05 PM

Rocket League
Division 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Wolfenstein II: Colossus

brandonjclark 05-04-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbag (Post 2536802)
Apex legends - i decided to give it a casual try, but got sucked in!

It's so fun!

Also playing RL, too.

AlfredT 05-04-2019 10:52 PM

City of Heroes: magnet link :
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:606490b92fc35d249abff9f0036030 2d0552e735&dn=coh

register on forum then register an account for the game (its an automated page in the forum to generate username/pw)

https://score.savecoh.com/account/

AlfredT 05-04-2019 10:53 PM

The exe you wanna run is tequila. client is 4.4gb roughly. Stay away from torchbearer, all servers can be slow at top times, but that one is the worst.

have fun.

Inkabodcrane 05-05-2019 03:36 AM

Just tons of MK11 here. As much as possible.

IGXGamingTV 05-05-2019 07:22 AM

Me: Grinding Hard Core Black Ops IV // Son: Fortnite

Evil Avatar 05-05-2019 08:51 AM

Did a marathon session of Days Gone on Saturday. Killed my first smaller horde using the molotov’s. I whittled down the big horde at the train station enough that I was able to get the lights on, I’m not sure if they will just come back though later because I certainly didn’t get them all and there is no nest to burn.

That gave me another little health boost, which I really needed. I pretty much go from mission to mission, there isn’t as much free roam necessary in this game compared to something like Assassin’s Creed where you might just wander around doing all the little side stuff for weeks.

Oh, watch out for that quick travel. It’s an easy way to find yourself out of gas. I still use it, but as soon as I pop back up at the new location I gas up.

BeardedSonOfNel 05-05-2019 04:09 PM

Just got some time to game, and the weekend's almost over!

Switch: Zelda BOTW

LostToys 05-05-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2536818)
Did a marathon session of Days Gone on Saturday. Killed my first smaller horde using the molotovís. I whittled down the big horde at the train station enough that I was able to get the lights on, Iím not sure if they will just come back though later because I certainly didnít get them all and there is no nest to burn.

As long as you get the prompt with the XP gain and percentage of all the Hordes destroyed, you wiped them from that area. Freakers will still show up, just like anywhere else in the world, but Horde itself will never repopulate.

Quote:

That gave me another little health boost, which I really needed.
As long as you are not wanting to take on the Horde early-mid-game, I would recommend that you upgrade your Survival enough so that you can unlock double carrying capacity for components, throwables and traps. This will help taking out things like nests and crafting new Molotovs substantially easier.

Then work on the Range weapon skills to the point where you can get double carrying ammo capacity.

Do the same with your saddle bags for your bike.

By the time you get to the larger Hordes (like the one shown at E3) you will have an easier time maintaining throwables, health, ammo and combat skills (the gun play absolutely SUCKS until you get the Focus and Steel Hand perks) to take them on.

Quote:

Oh, watch out for that quick travel. Itís an easy way to find yourself out of gas. I still use it, but as soon as I pop back up at the new location I gas up.
The best option for fast travel is to go to a NERO checkpoint that you have cleared. They always have an easily accessible gas canister found in a tow truck, flat bed truck, or somewhere easy to access. The same is true for cleared Ambush sites, but depending on where you are fast traveled to, the gas canister may be incredibly hard to find or well within the zone, which can be overrun with freakers.

MavenACTG 05-06-2019 07:26 AM

I had a bug work to my advantage (kinda) in the Iron Lake Sawmill when taking the Horde that lives there. I had fallen into the water underneath one of the mills by accident and floated towards an edge that wouldn't kill me for swimming.

Well, the Horde decided they wanted to join me in the water, so about 90% of them flipped over the edge and drowned upon contact. The remainder were alive underwater (a bug). I had to use pipe bombs to get to the Freakers that were underwater but were far enough beneath the surface that bullets wouldn't tag them.

One problem though. I ran out of pipe bombs and there was two Freakers left in the middle of the pond. It took about 10 minutes for one freaker who responded to my gunshots to walk from the bottom of the lake to where I could shoot him. The other wouldn't budge.

Now I have this one straggler Freaker somewhere preventing me from claiming the Horde as defeated. I go back to the Sawmill from time to time to try and find the one to claim. I think there is one other Horde where I didn't get every single last one of them. The only clue a Freaker is in a Horde or not is if you tag them with your binoculars and there is no reticle over them.

Hordes are a nice mechanic and I hope I could reset them, but it does seem like whittling it down with Molotavs / Attractors is the way to go. I tried setting traps but that seems like there needs to be a critical mass of a Horde size for them to be really effective. Otherwise the first couple stragglers leading the pack take out your traps. I guess there is a Remote Bomb that comes into play later.

I would advise completing Story Missions before tackling Hordes, since you get a lot of nice upgrade as the game goes on.