Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Avengers Tops the Box Office a Second Time (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260325)

Evil Avatar 05-06-2019 06:49 AM

Avengers Tops the Box Office a Second Time

After 12 days, Avengers: Endgame has hit $2 Billion, becoming the #2 biggest box office movie of all time, second only to some large blue Smurfs.

Here is the Weekend Boxoffice Chart for the weekend of May 3rd to May 5th, 2019.
  1. Avengers: Endgame $145.8/$619.6
  2. The Intruder $11.0/$11.0
  3. Long Shot $10.0/$10.0
  4. Uglydolls $8.5/$8.5
  5. Captain Marvel $4.2/$420.7
  6. Breakthrough $3.9/$33.2
  7. The Curse of La Llorona $3.5/$48.1
  8. Shazam! $2.4/$135.1
  9. Little $1.4/$38.5
  10. Dumbo $1.4/$109.7
  11. El Chicano $.700/$.700
  12. Pet Sematary $.500/$53.7

vallor 05-06-2019 02:05 PM

Like I said in the other thread, I really liked Endgame with the exception of a few things.

It did a really good job wrapping everything up and bringing all the heroes in for their Last Hurrah before closing this chapter.

I saw the IMAX 3D and it was a great viewing experience though the audience was a little annoying at a few moments.

LostToys 05-06-2019 02:19 PM

I left Avengers: End Game last Tuesday with the feeling that I am glad I watched it, but would never watch it ever again. It just ultimately did nothing for me and felt that there was a lot of Avengers: Age of Ultron trappings that could have been removed to make the film shorter, more coherent, and with one less deus ex machinas.

IGXGamingTV 05-06-2019 03:10 PM

I finally saw it with the family and I have mixed feelings. It was sooo boring at the beginning. I'd almost argue a Bernie Sanders rally might be more fun. By the planning phase of the movie I was thinking, "Just get on with it already!" The ending was pretty damn good, though. Didn't like how they portrayed some of the characters and how some ended, but they did button everything up nicely. Overall it wasn't bad, but definitely liked Infinity War better and Winter Soldier still holds my top spot as favorite Marvel movie. And for the record, Batman rules!!

MadMurdock_0311 05-09-2019 01:36 PM

Was a bit too long, I thought. I don't know if they needed a 3-hour run-time.

Ultimately, I guess I liked it... I didn't hate it.

Spoiler? <<Drunk/PTSD Thor annoyed me, though everyone else loved him.>>

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGXGamingTV (Post 2536896)
I finally saw it with the family and I have mixed feelings. It was sooo boring at the beginning. I'd almost argue a Bernie Sanders rally might be more fun. By the planning phase of the movie I was thinking, "Just get on with it already!" The ending was pretty damn good, though. Didn't like how they portrayed some of the characters and how some ended, but they did button everything up nicely. Overall it wasn't bad, but definitely liked Infinity War better and Winter Soldier still holds my top spot as favorite Marvel movie. And for the record, Batman rules!!

I finally broke down and ordered the Dark Knight trilogy on Blu-ray. Was watching Watchmen with the Mrs last night until the scene with the Comedian and the Silk Spector and then she just bowed right the heck out. LOL.

Terran 05-09-2019 08:22 PM

Endgame is doing that well for the same reason folks are tuning in to a mediocre Game of Thrones final season: After a decade-ish of setup, everyone wants closure. That's why I bought a ticket, and that's why I subbed to HBO for the first time. Wrap it up!