Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Post-Endgame Spider-Man Far From Home Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260328)

Evil Avatar 05-06-2019 07:38 AM

Post-Endgame Spider-Man Far From Home Trailer

[SPOILERS AHEAD] Itís time to step up. Watch the new #SpiderManFarFromHome trailer.

Evil Avatar 05-06-2019 07:38 AM

MavenACTG 05-06-2019 08:40 AM

Mmm. Multiverse Mysterio. I don't know. Are they going to do this in every non-Avengers movie now? "Why don't you call Captain Marvel?"

I am hoping the takeaway here is that no one can replace Iron Man and Spider-Man should be Spider-Man. I wonder why the Iron Spider suit got lost though.

Chief Smash 05-06-2019 09:11 AM

Looks decent. Still can't stand the new MJ though.

excalibur1814 05-06-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2536869)
Mmm. Multiverse Mysterio. I don't know. Are they going to do this in every non-Avengers movie now? "Why don't you call Captain Marvel?"

Thor was also mentioned.

Orphiuchus 05-06-2019 10:21 AM

Captain Marvel really does put them in a bad spot plot wise for every film going forward. They're going to have to put her somewhere far far away in Captain Marvel 2 whenever that happens, just to have compelling plots for everyone else.

Aside from that, this looks fantastic.

MavenACTG 05-06-2019 10:42 AM

The problem isn't that Captain Marvel is there in the universe, it's that whenever Captain Marvel is there, they have to call out how Captain Marvel isn't there, and they give the same excuse: "Yeah, lotta galaxy to cover", so she can always appear at the most opportune Deus Ex Marvelina point.

Call me Lex Luther, but the insistence on a "Superman" to "solve" an inexplicably powerful force is worse writing than the ending of Mass Effect 3, but hey, comic books run on power fantasies, so that's the price of entry.

I like Captain Marvel in her films! I love the attitude! I love the haircut! I loved the headbutt just bouncing right off her! But I hate that she exists and what it will mean for every future Marvel film to acknowledge that fact. It's not writing smart, it's writing cool.

Thor was also mentioned, the point is, like Marvel did in Ant-man, they devote screen-time to ask "Why don't you call in the heavy hitters?"

Ayup 05-06-2019 10:53 AM

I don't think I am ready for Fury to call Spiderman a bitch.

excalibur1814 05-06-2019 10:54 AM

...Which I'm fine with. It silences the 'fans' saying, "But, yeah, where's x or y!"

It's fun. Thor could have resolved a lot of stuff over the years, but he didn't. I see what you're saying though.

Question: Will Thor be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3?

vallor 05-06-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orphiuchus (Post 2536879)
Captain Marvel really does put them in a bad spot plot wise for every film going forward.

Aside from that, this looks fantastic.

Any difficult opponent for other heroes is trivial for Captain Marvel, they need to save her for galactic sized threats and stuff I guess but they will always need to qualify why she and Thor and others can't be there for the "regular" heroes like Ant Man, Hawkeye, and so on. Spidey is just trying to make his date.

I agree, this movie looks good. And the new Mary Jane is growing on me. Probably one of the last Marvel movies I'll go watch in the theaters. It looks like the next phase of Marvel is going to be them cleaning up from (spoiler)the second Snap. Holes in dimensions and such.

Of course Mysterio is going to be a badguy. If they make him a good guy it will be a perversion of all things good and holy in the world!

Edit to get rid of spoilers.

IGXGamingTV 05-06-2019 03:11 PM

Eh ... looks entertaining, but might wait until it comes out on digital. We'll see. I am curious to see how they connect this movie to the result of End Game.

Chimpbot 05-06-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavenACTG (Post 2536869)
Mmm. Multiverse Mysterio. I don't know.

It has a basis in the Ultimate Marvel line, just as most of the MCU has to one degree or another. Mysterio in Ultimate Spider-Man was a machine sent to - and controlled by - Earth-1610 by the 616 Mysterio.

They're either diving headfirst into the multiverse (which the MCU is a part of), or Mysterio is lying about his origin. Or, it could be both.

Evil Avatar 05-06-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2536884)
...Which I'm fine with. It silences the 'fans' saying, "But, yeah, where's x or y!"

It's fun. Thor could have resolved a lot of stuff over the years, but he didn't. I see what you're saying though.

Question: Will Thor be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3?

You mean the AsGuardians of the Galaxy?

Chimpbot 05-06-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2536903)
You mean the AsGuardians of the Galaxy?

Fat or not, I think he'd be a fun - if not temporary - addition to the Guardians.

They'll probably Worf him with Adam Warlock, though

Scherge 05-07-2019 12:57 AM

Jon Favreau is my favorite non-super hero by far!

And I have to say that this trailer looked a lot better than the last one, probably because you don't see much of Europe. Seriously, Spidey needs New York and its tall, web-proof buildings. Or rather, Manhattan, because Queens and Forest Hills aren't so great for web-swinging either. He's been to Europe in the comic books, and the writers always made it a point to comment on how much of a slog running on the ground and jumping from rooftop to rooftop are.

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/ima...oftheearth.jpg

Ironically, this is how I felt when "Assassin's Creed" moved from Renaissance Italy to the American colonies... :o

Terran 05-07-2019 01:26 PM

This looks entertaining. Looking forward to a Spider-Man film for the first time! (not a huge fan of the character, really, but this looks fun!).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayup (Post 2536883)
I don't think I am ready for Fury to call Spiderman a bitch.

That did seem a bit...out of place.

brandonjclark 05-12-2019 03:38 PM

Not to worry. She's not THAT strong.