Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Watchmen HBO Trailer Showcases a Cult of Rorschach (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260391)

Evil Avatar 05-08-2019 04:46 PM

First Watchmen HBO Trailer Showcases a Cult of Rorschach

"But doctor... I am Pagliacci."
Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

brandonjclark 05-08-2019 05:54 PM

It's still my favorite hero movie. You'd think with all of the success Marvel has had they'd try another adult one again.

Hell, give me Watchmen 2!

I'll be watching this for sure. Please let it be good!

Evil Avatar 05-08-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2537110)
It's still my favorite hero movie. You'd think with all of the success Marvel has had they'd try another adult one again.

It looks great for sure, but a Watchmen sequel without Alan Moore is kind of a hard road for them to take for sure.

Of course, whatever idea Moore had for a sequel probably wouldn't work any more because so much time has passed.

Chief Smash 05-08-2019 06:13 PM

Rorschach was such a great part of the first too. Unless it was a prequel, I can’t see myself really looking forward to a second movie. I don’t see this Rorschach cult really doing it for me either.

Primus 05-08-2019 06:32 PM

No Alan Moore and Damon Lindelof showrunning leads me to believe there is no way in hell this will be good.

Terran 05-08-2019 06:47 PM

Was that Don Johnson? Ugh. I feel like I need to be wearing a Member's Only jacket and bowling in a smoke filled bowling alley with stale pizza and flat soda.

vallor 05-08-2019 07:36 PM

I will profane the thread and say Watchmen was not a great Superhero movie nor a great set of comics.

It's not because I "don't get it" because I certain get what people like about humanizing, sometimes even degrading, what previously were largely untouchable icons of virtue and the whole black ship blah blah blah.

Except if the same story had been told as a book instead of comics it likely wouldn't have gotten past the first gate of any publisher of note.

Anyway, I hate how people jizz all over Watchmen. It was good but man, the hero worship it gets is disgusting.

This, on the other hand, as long as it isn't LONG and DRAWN OUT like the damn comics and the movie, might be decent. Don Johnson or not.

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2537115)
I will profane the thread and say Watchmen was not a great Superhero movie nor a great set of comics.

It's not because I "don't get it" because I certain get what people like about humanizing, sometimes even degrading, what previously were largely untouchable icons of virtue and the whole black ship blah blah blah.

Except if the same story had been told as a book instead of comics it likely wouldn't have gotten past the first gate of any publisher of note.

Anyway, I hate how people jizz all over Watchmen. It was good but man, the hero worship it gets is disgusting.

This, on the other hand, as long as it isn't LONG and DRAWN OUT like the damn comics and the movie, might be decent. Don Johnson or not.

You clearly don't get it.

https://trinities.org/blog/wp-conten...it-450x344.jpg

Inkabodcrane 05-09-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2537110)

There is a sequel to Watchmen, and it's currently almost done coming out. I'm talking about in comic books, but the series "Doomsday Clock" by Geoff Johns has been awesome. You get many of the Watchmen characters in the DC Universe. Superman vs Dr. Manhattan. The Comedian vs The Joker. It's a cool ass sequel that they have been building up to since the first "Rebirth" comic.

There is also a prequel series called "Before Watchmen," but I haven't read that yet. Was tempted to buy the big ass book of it last week at the comic shop but resisted. For now.

Watchmen is an awesome comic and movie. This trailer looks cool, but I'll have to wait and see how it goes. Damon Lindelof can be controversial to some people, but I am a huge fan of Prometheus and The Leftovers was cool enough. I will certainly watch it, and am looking forward to it!

Evil Avatar 05-10-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2537186)
There is also a prequel series called "Before Watchmen," but I haven't read that yet. Was tempted to buy the big ass book of it last week at the comic shop but resisted. For now.

Keep resisting. Before Watchmen was a several mini-series based around each of the characters. The big selling point was that they had all these "name" authors or artists involved.

Except for Amanda Connor (Harley Quinn's covers) the art was dreadful and the stories (even the Amanda Connor one) ranged from poor to dreadful.

The Dr. Manhattan one wasn't totally horrible, but that's not saying much.

It flopped and it flopped bad.

I can't speak about Doomsday Clock, I've been waiting for them all to come out to binge read them.

Mad Max RW 05-10-2019 10:55 AM

I loved the original comic and the movie. Despite some changes they compliment each other well. That HBO series does not look good to me. And Don Johnson was excellent in the last few movies he was in. I highly recommend Cold in July with Michael C Hall (Dexter).