Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   IT Chapter 2 Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260421)

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 05:51 PM

IT Chapter 2 Trailer

Quote:

Evil resurfaces in Derry as director Andy Muschietti reunites the Losers Club—young and adult—in a return to where it all began with “It Chapter Two.”

The film is Muschietti’s follow-up to 2017’s critically acclaimed and massive worldwide box office hit “IT,” which grossed over $700 million globally. Both redefining and transcending the genre, “IT” became part of the cultural zeitgeist as well as the highest-grossing horror film of all time.

Because every 27 years evil revisits the town of Derry, Maine, “It Chapter Two” brings the characters—who’ve long since gone their separate ways—back together as adults, nearly three decades after the events of the first film.

Evil Avatar 05-09-2019 05:51 PM

BlindSwordsman 05-09-2019 06:16 PM

Loved Part 1 - hope this delivers!

BenSkywlkr 05-09-2019 07:39 PM

Also loved the first one, thought this trailer was great, really looking forward to part two. Cast looks stellar, Skaarsgard is phenomenal(has been in everything I've seen him in), really high hopes for this one.

ministryofwrath 05-09-2019 11:52 PM

Yeah, I was really surprised at how good the first chapter was.

I'm unsure if this is based off a book?

if so I suppose they might try to do all the chapters?

shadow763 05-10-2019 05:13 AM

It is based off the book. IT, as far as I know, has a similar setup of the first part of the book is about when they are kids, the latter part, adults. The movie is just covering that over two films.

As far as how closely the book events and the movies line up, I do not know.

BenSkywlkr 05-10-2019 08:04 AM

The book actually bounces around between them as kids and as grownups, this is also how they laid out the made for TV it thirty years ago. There are differences between the book and movie, some of them necessary(IIRC one event King attributed to being out of his mind on coke that wasn't ok when the book came out, today the backlash would be insane).

Ghostblaze 05-10-2019 12:50 PM

The remake was good. The trailer was decent. Looking forward to it.

Terran 05-10-2019 01:09 PM

Don't find this interesting at all. I'm not interested in funny clowns any more than I am in homicidal ones.

Chimpbot 05-10-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2537200)
It is based off the book. IT, as far as I know, has a similar setup of the first part of the book is about when they are kids, the latter part, adults. The movie is just covering that over two films.

As far as how closely the book events and the movies line up, I do not know.

It actually bounced back and forth between past (which was set in the 1950's in the book) and the present (the 80's), following the same cast of core characters between their initial and final encounters with the creature they called It.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2537227)
Don't find this interesting at all. I'm not interested in funny clowns any more than I am in homicidal ones.

It's not even actually a clown; Pennywise just happens to be one of it's preferred forms.

Inkabodcrane 05-10-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2537227)

"Maybe it's the Gotham City in you, but you just have a bad history with freaks dressed like clowns."

MadMurdock_0311 05-10-2019 06:57 PM

Haha. That "old naked lady shuffle" was both hilarious and creepy as fuck. Now I'm afraid of frail old ladies.

Add me to the list of those who enjoyed the first chapter, and looking forward to this one.

Chief Smash 05-10-2019 08:07 PM

I liked the first part but Pennywise was made less scary by his Sylvester the Cat voice.

vallor 05-11-2019 03:40 AM

I loved the book and the TV version back in the day. I specifically didn't watch part one because I knew part two was coming out and I want to watch them in close proximity to one another.

This was a great trailer and they have a great cast. James Mcavoy is amazing. After Glass I'll see anything he's in.

Azzy 05-15-2019 12:47 AM

I think I was in sixth grade when the book came out and absolutely devoured it, no pun intended. Mom was cool like that.
The Tim Curry "IT" was fucking horrible.
This one is good, but I don't see any kids in the future saying "Holy crap that movie terrified me!" which is something that at least the made for TV version did for almost anybody who talks about it.
I think this second installment is going to be better than the first, which is kinda the opposite of the book, but I'm ok with that and look forward to it.