Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is Here! (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244773)

Evil Avatar 04-14-2017 10:38 AM

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is Here!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2842/3...5e91a86124.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Arriving in your galaxy December 15.

Evil Avatar 04-14-2017 10:39 AM

karaliusbronius 04-14-2017 10:44 AM

Please don't end the Jedi, that's my favorite thing about Star Wars.

Mad Max RW 04-14-2017 10:44 AM

Kinda underwhelming. The Force Awakens trailer made you want to stand up and cheer. The Last Jedi looks depressing. Maybe it's unfair after starting the week with the Thor trailer.

hotdrop 04-14-2017 11:10 AM

lol i dont think anyone is going to end the moneymaker that is the Jedi. Think of all the lost figurine and toy sales. That would never do

Evil Avatar 04-14-2017 11:15 AM

The battle scenes look decent, but I thought Rey was a shit character so another whole movie revolving around her playing Supergirl doesn't do much for me. I will still see it with the family and I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Chimpbot 04-14-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2480232)
Please don't end the Jedi, that's my favorite thing about Star Wars.

Some folks are thinking that line comes from fairly early in the film. It could also point to Luke deciding to end the Jedi as we know them. They seem to be focusing on the concept of balance, so Luke could be effectively starting up an order of Grey Jedi...or, something to that effect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2480233)
Kinda underwhelming. The Force Awakens trailer made you want to stand up and cheer. The Last Jedi looks depressing. Maybe it's unfair after starting the week with the Thor trailer.

It's the middle part of a trilogy; I wouldn't anticipating it ending on a happy note.

Mad Max RW 04-14-2017 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2480240)

It's the middle part of a trilogy; I wouldn't anticipating it ending on a happy note.

That's fine, considering the last movie was eclipsed by Han Solo being murdered by his emo son. There's a chance it will continue the tradition of The Empire Strikes Back and turn out the best in the new trilogy.

I'm with Evil, though. Rey drags it down. She's totally unbelievable and cannot be related with. Looking back she's the equivalent of the Doom guy in the Star Wars universe. Poe and Finn were the best new characters. Everything else was blah. The Last Jedi feels like more blah.

Chimpbot 04-14-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2480243)
That's fine, considering the last movie was eclipsed by Han Solo being murdered by his emo son. There's a chance it will continue the tradition of The Empire Strikes Back and turn out the best in the new trilogy.

I'm with Evil, though. Rey drags it down. She's totally unbelievable and cannot be related with. Looking back she's the equivalent of the Doom guy in the Star Wars universe. Poe and Finn were the best new characters. Everything else was blah. The Last Jedi feels like more blah.

I think Rey will become a little more understandable and believable as the story progresses. There's obviously more going on with her character than just what we saw in the first movie; there's a reason she's as adept as she is.

screwyluie 04-14-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2480240)
Some folks are thinking that line comes from fairly early in the film.

seems pretty obvious to me. He's not going to want to train her, like yoda. she'll have to convince him. Somewhere in that dialog before agreeing to train her luke will spout that line.

The jedi are done though, they've been finished since the empire destroyed them. Gotta remember the Jedi are a religion. The end of the jedi is not the end of force wielding protagonists, just the end of the faith. Even that doesn't mean we won't see jedi in the future, people who revere the teachings and follow them as best they can without proper guidance like Chirrut Imwe.

Chief Smash 04-14-2017 12:32 PM

I don't understand why there needs to be balance with the force. When one side is good and just and the other side is chaotic and likes to murder children, who's the philosopher that says "Well both sides are kind of crazy. You need to meet in the middle somewhere?"

Chimpbot 04-14-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2480252)
I don't understand why there needs to be balance with the force. When one side is good and just and the other side is chaotic and likes to murder children, who's the philosopher that says "Well both sides are kind of crazy. You need to meet in the middle somewhere?"

The idea of "balance" ultimately stems from the notion that there is no Dark Side or Light Side; it's all just the Force, which is capable of many things. The Force isn't good or evil, but it can be used for good or evil.

walstib 04-14-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

yup. totally agree. and TFA was basically 4/5 and maybe some 6 all over again, just well made.

but... this will be entertaining I expect.

And oh my god. does EP 7, Ep 8, and Rogue One all just put that absolute craptastic shit-fest of Ep 1..3 to shame! I would rather have paid $15 for this mediocre trailer than watch any of Ep 1..3. God they were awful. Just so awful

All these years later and I still can't get over just how terrible they were.

Lucas, for the love of pete, never ever step behind a camera again. Just come up with some cool stories and let talented people develop the vision for you.

MADxMrMike 04-14-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2480253)
The idea of "balance" ultimately stems from the notion that there is no Dark Side or Light Side; it's all just the Force, which is capable of many things. The Force isn't good or evil, but it can be used for good or evil.

I agree. Yoda pretty helped much establish the Jedi as everyone knows it now. I believe his ideas came from his experiences in his long life and he taught his teachings of the force based on how dangerous passion can be if it goes unchecked with the force. But was it necessarily the best way? Probably not. To totally push aside passion and love? I think Luke would be the perfect teacher of true balance of the force. The Grey as it was called in the Legend stories(although in those stories he ultimaly felt that Grey was not the way to go but I think it was a lack of the author's imagination). Still I believe the most powerful Jedi(or force user) would be someone who could use dicipline(Yoda teachings) and passion/desire/emotions and master the force in that way. I personally believe one of the most powerful Jedi in the movies was Qui-Gon Jin and I think it's because he understood both sides. Also why a lot of consel didn't trust him.

IGXGamingTV 04-14-2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2480239)
The battle scenes look decent, but I thought Rey was a shit character so another whole movie revolving around her playing Supergirl doesn't do much for me. I will still see it with the family and I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Same. Looks boring and forgettable. They are trying so hard to capture the magic of the originals. Not going to happen.

IGXGamingTV 04-14-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2480243)

She is the Hayden Christensen of this trilogy, lol.

excalibur1814 04-14-2017 01:39 PM

Maybe the line, 'the last Jedi' is just referring to Luke as he IS the last Jedi. Time to start it all from scratch with Ren.

Obvious?

excalibur1814 04-14-2017 01:41 PM

Rey... not Ren.

Evil Avatar 04-14-2017 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2480267)
Maybe the line, 'the last Jedi' is just referring to Luke as he IS the last Jedi. Time to start it all from scratch with Ren.

Obvious?

I think what he is saying is that after Kylo Ren turned out Evil, he doesn't want there to be any more Jedi. In his mind the Jedi have turned out pretty shitty. His metors = dead. His father = Evil & Dead. His best friend's son = Evil. His best friend = dead.

It hasn't exactly been a really successful concept for sure from Luke's point of view. He tried to revive it and like 20 of them turned evil (the Knights of Ren).

That's a crap track record. You can see why he wouldn't want to continue training people to be Jedi. But, obviously he relents and starts to train Kara Jor-El anyway. Luke Skywalker was never too bright.

HillTribe 04-14-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

The Force Awakens trailer was amazing, but the "teaser" was not. As this is a "teaser" for The Last Jedi, its a bit unfair to compare it the TFA trailer.