Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nintendo Switch US Sales Hit 906k In March, New Zelda Up To 1.3M Sold [Updated] (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244784)

Emabulator 04-14-2017 01:32 PM

Nintendo Switch US Sales Hit 906k In March, New Zelda Up To 1.3M Sold [Updated]

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

The Nintendo Switch sold more than 906,000 units in the US during March, its launch month, Nintendo announced today. In a news release, Nintendo reiterated that the Switch, a hybrid system that works at home and on the go, is the fastest-selling console in Nintendo's history. It's also "one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time" for any company, Nintendo said.

The company also pointed out that March is a "nontraditional month" for a new console release. New consoles, from Nintendo and others, are historically released in the immediate lead-up to the holidays.

Nintendo also said today that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has sold 1.3 million units; more 925,000 were sold on Switch and almost 460,000 on Wii U. These numbers combine physical and digital sales, and only represent figures for the US.

"That means that Nintendo sold more of this game [Breath of the Wild] for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent," Nintendo said. "This may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play."
Shacknews: Nintendo Switch Sells 2.4 Million Units in First Month, Research Firm Says

excalibur1814 04-14-2017 01:37 PM

Does that mean that the people who stated that it'll never sell will now return here to, whilst eating pie, be humble stating that they 'were wrong'?

Give something a chance. Will buy second hand once more games arrive.

ElektroDragon 04-14-2017 01:39 PM

As soon as it hits the 1.5 million sales mark, they will discontinue it, just like they just did with NES Classic Edition. You win, scalpers! So much for getting one for my son's 6th birthday next month!

The new Nintendo: hates making money, loves scalpers, full of stupid ass ideas. Hurry up and die already.

screwyluie 04-14-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2480266)
As soon as it hits the 1.5 million sales mark, they will discontinue it, just like they just did with NES Classic Edition.

they have already sold 1.5m units

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2480265)
Does that mean that the people who stated that it'll never sell will now return here to, whilst eating pie, be humble stating that they 'were wrong'?

hahahahaha, not a chance. They'll just deflect, trying to make something else more in their favor the focus of discussion.

SpectralThundr 04-14-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

There's a sucker born every minute.

shadow763 04-15-2017 09:05 AM

Who said it wouldn't sell?

excalibur1814 04-15-2017 10:57 AM

Lots of people... who then vanish.

TafJaf 04-15-2017 06:29 PM

Superdata is claiming 2.5 mil at the moment. I just glad the player base is there to get 3rd party involved more.

Clancy 04-15-2017 07:01 PM

Quote:

It just goes to show you, how a good game can sell crappy hardware.

SpectralThundr 04-15-2017 10:20 PM

I'm just amazed that anyone is willing to pay the cost of a PS4 or Xbox on an underpowered hybrid tablet without including even the most basic of tablet apps like netflix. Completely blows my mind.

Emabulator 04-16-2017 12:57 PM

Shacknews: Nintendo Switch Sells 2.4 Million Units in First Month, Research Firm Says

Quote:

We knew the Nintendo Switch was off to a good start, based on U.S. sales numbers from March NPD numbers, but now it appear that the young upstart console has broken Nintendo's expectations with more than 2.4 million units sold worldwide.

The figure, courtesy of research firm SuperData, tops Nintendo's projection of about 2 million units for the month. Because of the fast start, SuperData said that it is revising its projected sales figures for 2017 to 7.2 million units sold, up from 5 million.

While SuperData's 2.4 million number is an estimate, the firm notes that it collaborated with market researcher Gfk and the Japanese gaming publication Famitsu to help validate the estimate.

Rommel 04-16-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

When the sales figures are in over a period of time greater than a month, maybe. Read this as your homework and come back to me. The Switch's first month in the U.S. was less successful than the PS4's first two days. So to answer your infantile question, no one is saying anything based on these news story.

excalibur1814 04-16-2017 02:46 PM

"So to answer your infantile question"

That's not a nice thing to say. Plenty of people stated that it would fail. I'm just a bit tired of that stuff. The Switch can hardly be called a flop.

I apologise if my post came across as infantile. I'll think twice before posting such things again.

excalibur1814 04-16-2017 02:48 PM

word

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2480281)
There's a sucker born every minute.

Yeah, I know, which is why I'm not buying brand new.

Rommel 04-16-2017 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2480374)
That's not a nice thing to say.

No shit, Sherlock. You a motherfucking detective? Shiiiiii--

Quote:

Plenty of people stated that it would fail. I'm just a bit tired of that stuff.
It may still fail. There is still plenty of time to make predictions as well as to analyze the data as it comes out. And I am sorry you are tired of such things but that's what people do on a discussion forum: Discuss. Go find yourself an echo chamber to shout into. You're such a fan you haven't even bought on yourself.

Quote:

The Switch can hardly be called a flop.
Did you read your homework? I gave you homework and you are expected to read it. The Switch has done better than the WiiU by half. Whoopiemathfuckin'do!

Quote:

I apologies if my post came across as infantile. I'll think twice before posting such things again.
You should apologize. I'm only glad you learned a lesson.

Pumped'Up 04-16-2017 06:57 PM

There are a few switches at my local Walmart. Unsold, so sad!

31 Flavas 04-17-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2480368)
The Switch's first month in the U.S. was less successful than the PS4's first two days. So to answer your infantile question, no one is saying anything based on these news story.

Did you know this? I was shocked. Absolutely shocked to discover it. The PSVita, in Japan, has out sold the PS4 in actual physical hardware sales by 1 million and in software by 4 million units. Not shipped vs sold.

Of course, the 3DS obliterates both. The 3DS hardware outsells the Vita 4:1 and almost 5:1 vs the PS4. Pretty much the same software wise. The 4.5 million PS4 system sales in Japan make up just 8% of global system sales. And the xBone's 78k LTD is 0.0025% (a quarter of 1%) of global system sales.

It's entirely suddenly clear to me why Nintendo designed their next console (The Nintendo Swiitch) to be a portable handheld. -- There is absolutely no market for *any* console system in Japan. Period.

excalibur1814 04-17-2017 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rommel (Post 2480379)
No shit, Sherlock. You a motherfucking detective? Shiiiiii--

It may still fail. There is still plenty of time to make predictions as well as to analyze the data as it comes out. And I am sorry you are tired of such things but that's what people do on a discussion forum: Discuss. Go find yourself an echo chamber to shout into. You're such a fan you haven't even bought on yourself.

Did you read your homework? I gave you homework and you are expected to read it. The Switch has done better than the WiiU by half. Whoopiemathfuckin'do!

You should apologize. I'm only glad you learned a lesson.

Ah. You're one of those. At some point you could actually be nice to people. I'll just add you to the ignore list as that's the best thing to do.

excalibur1814 04-17-2017 05:05 AM

Actually I'm tired of people being crappy to each other on the net, throwing around silly little insults (You said infantile yet you're acting that way). Not all conversations have to result in name calling as a discussion can be civilised.

Why is every single forum, pretty much, filled with people that just want to be horrible? It's never, ever changed since the damn usenet days and probably never will.

Please now stop. Don't descend into being a bully!

(P.s. The last Nintendo machine I owned was an N64 so I have no special love for Nintendo, or any of them. Picking a side is just pointless).

PacerDawn 04-17-2017 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excalibur1814 (Post 2480396)
Actually I'm tired of people being crappy to each other on the net, throwing around silly little insults (You said infantile yet you're acting that way). Not all conversations have to result in name calling as a discussion can be civilised.

Why is every single forum, pretty much, filled with people that just want to be horrible? It's never, ever changed since the damn usenet days and probably never will.

My Grandmother used to tell me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Unless you are posting to the internet, in which case knock yourself out."

Grandma was pretty hip.

The fact that you have been here since the Usenet was used for messaging (were you around for Fido?) tells me you have been around at least for a period of some years. And so you should know by now that people can and will say mean things. And that you don't have to read those mean things if you don't want to.

tl;dr: Welcome to the anonymous interweb.