Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lovecraft Country: Official Teaser Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266640)

Evil Avatar 05-03-2020 11:47 PM

Lovecraft Country: Official Teaser Trailer

Quote:

Welcome to #LovecraftCountry.

HBOs new drama series, based on the 2016 novel by Matt Ruff of the same name, debuts this August. The series follows Atticus Freeman (Jonathan Majors) as he joins up with his friend Letitia (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) and his Uncle George (Courtney B. Vance) to embark on a road trip across 1950s Jim Crow America in search of his missing father (Michael Kenneth Williams). This begins a struggle to survive and overcome both the racist terrors of white America and the terrifying monsters that could be ripped from a Lovecraft paperback.

Lovecraft Country is executive produced by Misha Green, who also serves as showrunner, J.J Abrams, Jordan Peele, Bill Carraro, Yann Demange (who also directed Episode 1), Daniel Sackheim (who also directed Episodes 2 and 3) and David Knoller (executive producer on Episode 1); based on the novel by Matt Ruff.

Daedalus 05-04-2020 03:41 AM

I wonder if there is some hidden message here about who the "real monsters" are.

Booda 05-04-2020 06:09 AM

I really hope this show preaches to me how the white man is the devil. :rolleyes:

Evil Avatar 05-04-2020 07:55 PM

The book wasn't bad, but it totally fell into the "all white people are evil" liberal trap. I mean, in the book if the characters leave the city they are literally shot at and tried to kill by pretty much every white person they see.

It's an absurd concept even for a book.

Yes, people in that time period were racist, they weren't homicidal.

SpectralThundr 05-04-2020 08:19 PM

More anti white propaganda from MarxistWood, how original. :rolleyes:

Evil Avatar 05-04-2020 08:49 PM

Matt Ruff is a pretty talented author, but he is 100% in the liberal douchebag camp. Everything he does now is an attempt to impress the liberal elites, not to write great novels. His new novel is a video game novel and it's just a take off on Seth Rogan's The Interview, only done in a MMO and it felt like the guy has never played a MMO in his life.

AlfredT 05-05-2020 04:48 AM

Wow you guys are so triggered. I saw the trailer and didn't see any Spike Lee-esque all white men are the devil content. Not saying that this movie won't be politicized but all the talk about triggered liberals is pretty fucking ironic when you can't see your own bleeding vagina injection of your political fears into every-fucking-thing you see.

That being said, regardless of political messaging, I do love me some Cthulu.

AlfredT 05-05-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2558914)
The book wasn't bad, but it totally fell into the "all white people are evil" liberal trap. I mean, in the book if the characters leave the city they are literally shot at and tried to kill by pretty much every white person they see.

It's an absurd concept even for a book.

Yes, people in that time period were racist, they weren't homicidal.

Err.. they kinda were. Not all racists were homicidal, but there were many instances of homicide based on racism.

Would you be this upset if this movie was set during Nazi Era Germany with Cthulu and jewish people escaping from them? Would you use the same limp dick excuses? Nah that's only spectral. ")

Booda 05-05-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2558935)
Wow you guys are so triggered. I saw the trailer and didn't see any Spike Lee-esque all white men are the devil content. Not saying that this movie won't be politicized but all the talk about triggered liberals is pretty fucking ironic when you can't see your own bleeding vagina injection of your political fears into every-fucking-thing you see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2558936)
Err.. they kinda were. Not all racists were homicidal, but there were many instances of homicide based on racism.

Would you be this upset if this movie was set during Nazi Era Germany with Cthulu and jewish people escaping from them? Would you use the same limp dick excuses? Nah that's only spectral. ")

https://media.tenor.com/images/9bd87...37f6/tenor.gif

Evil Avatar 05-05-2020 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2558936)

There is a big gap between A few horrible incidents of racism. And what you find in this book which is, All white people are evil and want to kill you and will actively try to kill you at every opportunity.

And a Nazi-Era novel where Jewish prisoners attempt to escape from Lovecraftian SS troopers and monsters would be damn cool. I would buy that. (So thanks for the idea, Im totally stealing it.)