Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Game and Movie Releases for the Week of May 10th to May 16th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266758)

Evil Avatar 05-11-2020 08:32 AM

Game and Movie Releases for the Week of May 10th to May 16th

Game and Movie Releases for the Week of May 10 - May 16, 2020.

Retail Games
Dungeon of the Endless (PS4, Switch)

Movies & TV
Birds of Prey
Blumhouse's Fantasy Island
Vivarium
The Photograph
What the Waters Left Behind
The Great Escape Criterion Collection
Lucifer: The Complete Fourth Season
Devil May Cry: The Complete Series
Maid Sama!
Gordon of Ghost City
Dynamo
Code:Breaker: The Complete Series
The Traitor

Box Office
Coming Soon.

vallor 05-11-2020 02:21 PM

$30 for Dungeons of the Endless? I think I picked it up on Steam a few years ago for ~$10. Quite the premium for a many years old PS/4 port of a PC game.

PatrickRes9 05-11-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2559348)
$30 for Dungeons of the Endless? I think I picked it up on Steam a few years ago for ~$10. Quite the premium for a many years old PS/4 port of a PC game.

Agreed. It's a good game. It's really hard. I got to the final floor and wiped, but I've enjoyed the game on and off. Best with friends. Very good game. Very difficult. I paid $5 on a huge steam sale some time ago. $30 is insanity.

Terran 05-11-2020 08:50 PM

That's the console luxury VAT. I'm surprised you seem surprised by it. PC games are routinely $10 cheaper, and often far, far, far more cheaper than $10 compared with their console kin.

PatrickRes9 05-13-2020 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2559357)
That's the console luxury VAT. I'm surprised you seem surprised by it. PC games are routinely $10 cheaper, and often far, far, far more cheaper than $10 compared with their console kin.

Guess it's not that part I'm surprised by. Sorry for throwing that part in. It muddied the point I was actually thinking about. No matter the platform, 30 bucks is insane for this game, imo. It's barely worth half that. But you're right. When it comes to games, PC gaming is cheaper by a mile.

SpectralThundr 05-13-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2559357)

How dare you compare PC games to console games? (See how ridiculous that sounds now?) :rolleyes:

Chimpbot 05-13-2020 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2559418)
How dare you compare PC games to console games? (See how ridiculous that sounds now?) :rolleyes:

When you're talking about console-exclusive titles built around the constraints of the hardware available 20 years ago - while also discussing how a console game was a watershed moment for console gaming - it's a little pointless to compare the two.

Terran 05-13-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2559420)
When you're talking about console-exclusive titles built around the constraints of the hardware available 20 years ago - while also discussing how a console game was a watershed moment for console gaming - it's a little pointless to compare the two.

Your point, Spec. :D

https://i.imgur.com/TMrkDiw.gif

Evil Avatar 05-13-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Yes, how dare you. We all know that PC gaming died a quiet death and the only AAA games they get now are ports of games that were developed first with a console in mind. :p