Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Last of Us Part II Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266894)

Evil Avatar 05-19-2020 05:47 PM

The Last of Us Part II Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle Announced

Quote:

Celebrating The Last of Us Part II With a Limited Edition PS4 Pro Bundle and More

We’re all counting down the days till we rejoin Ellie in her journey next month, and today, we are thrilled to announce the Limited Edition The Last of Us Part II PlayStation 4 Pro bundle, which will launch alongside the game on June 19, 2020. This special bundle features a fully customized matte finish PS4 Pro console engraved with Ellie’s tattoo design, a Limited Edition DualShock 4 Wireless Controller, a physical copy of The Last of Us Part II game, as well as a code to redeem digital content such as The Last of Us Part II PS4 dynamic theme, avatars, and more. This limited edition bundle will be available across the U.S. and Canada for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP).

The Limited Edition DualShock 4 Wireless Controller also will be available as a standalone for $64.99 USD (MSRP) / $74.99 CAD (MSRP). Presented in a Steel Black matte finish with white detailing and PlayStation shapes, this Limited Edition wireless controller features Ellie’s iconic fern tattoo engraved on the lower right hand side and The Last of Us Part II logo on the touchpad.

John Sweeney, Art Director at Naughty Dog, shared some background and inspiration behind the design:

When we first revealed The Last of Us Part II, we had no idea how quickly fans would embrace Ellie’s tattoo. Within a day, we started seeing real-life versions showing up on social media and fans have been sharing photos of their new tattoos with us week after week ever since.

When the opportunity arose to create a custom PS4 Pro for The Last of Us Part II, I worked with our graphic designer at the time, Angel Garcia, and we considered a few different ideas, but we kept coming back to Ellie’s tattoo. By that point, it had become a symbol of the game and for the community–much like the Firefly logo in the first game. It was the clear choice, but we wondered: what if it could be engraved? It hadn’t been done before, so we weren’t sure it was even possible, but thanks to the incredible efforts of the teams at PlayStation, we found a way.

The result is something we feel is really special–a design that honors the passion of our incredible fans and that we ourselves would be proud to own.

We can’t wait for you to see it in person and for you to experience The Last of Us Part II for yourselves!

Furthermore, we’re also launching a Limited Edition Gold Wireless Headset presented in a Steel Black matte finish with contrasting, crimson inner ear cups – this stylish wireless headset features Ellie’s fern tattoo and the game logo. The headset will be available for $99.99 USD (MSRP) / $119.99 CAD (MSRP).

Lastly, we’re partnering with Seagate to introduce the Limited Edition The Last of Us Part II Officially Licensed Seagate 2TB Game Drive. The officially licensed Game Drive features a laser-etched design of Ellie’s tattoo, and offers an external hard drive upgrade for PS4 systems (software version 4.50 or higher), with the capacity to install 50+ games. The Game Drive will be available for $89.99 USD (MSRP) / $114.99 CAD (MSRP).

Products will be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.
PlayStation Blog.

It should have had a rainbow golf club on the side.

Evil Avatar 05-19-2020 05:49 PM

Evil Avatar 05-19-2020 06:10 PM

I found a sticker you can use to turn your regular PS4 into a The Last of Us 2 special edition.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...85fa4cd4db.jpg

Mozgus 05-19-2020 11:44 PM

Haha I love the salt.

NACIONAL 05-20-2020 09:58 AM

I have loosely followed this saga but I never understood the golf thing.. anyone care to explain the meme to me?, please? thks

Chief Smash 05-20-2020 09:59 AM

They should have made it look like an Xbox 1 to support trans rights.

Evil Avatar 05-20-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2559794)
I have loosely followed this saga but I never understood the golf thing.. anyone care to explain the meme to me?, please? thks

It's a spoiler for the new game that was leaked out in the cut-scenes.

vallor 05-20-2020 11:09 AM

How underwhelming for the first engraved PS/4. Not that I'd buy any collectors edition right now considering the likely launch of the two new consoles in the holiday (some rumors have the PS/5 shifting their date by 6 months due to Wuflu).

I think it would have been a lot better if they'd left the "Part II" off everything.

NACIONAL 05-20-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2559796)
It's a spoiler for the new game that was leaked out in the cut-scenes.

Thanks Evil!

Aerol901 05-20-2020 01:24 PM

The Last of Us: Number 2 should be the name of the game.

Paranoia 05-20-2020 06:30 PM

Would be fitting if the decal features a golf club.

Terran 05-20-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2559795)
They should have made it look like an Xbox 1 to support trans rights.

No, they should have made it an actual Xbox 1 that identifies as a PS4. Of course, that would create a few problems, such as an inability to play PS4 games, but what the hell, eh? It's STILL A PS4!!

Laz 05-21-2020 12:17 AM

I don't have a PlayStaion or an Xbox, but I wanted to play the first game. I would buy this if they threw in the first game as well.

Evil Avatar 05-21-2020 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 2559853)
I don't have a PlayStaion or an Xbox, but I wanted to play the first game. I would buy this if they threw in the first game as well.

They have the first game available as a remastered edition, which I’m sure has held up them giving it away as part of their free monthly games. Don’t be shocked to see it pop up on the free games list once the sequel is out.

I would say those chances are double if the sequel bombs because of all the negative publicity and story leaks.

If you grab a cheap PS4, you might end up getting it for free at some point.

Scherge 05-22-2020 01:40 AM

Man, you guys are a fickle bunch! As I've stated multiple times in the past, I'm not interested in TLoU2 and couldn't be bothered to play the first part for more than an hour, but that's a stylish engraving that I wouldn't mind showing to interested visitors. I don't like the printed name of the game on the front, and only a complete idiot (or obsessive collector) would buy a new PS4 this late in the console cycle, but that's beside the point.