Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Zero Punctuation: Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243987)

Emabulator 03-11-2017 10:46 AM

Zero Punctuation: Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild

31 Flavas 03-11-2017 11:54 AM

I thought everyone was so done with Zero Punctation. Strange to see a link to one of his videos pop up here now. Let me guess, his video is going to say, "Oh wow. A new Zelda. Let me guess, Zelda is in a pickle and needs to be unpickled. Gannon is the bad guy doing bad things. And you pick up magical McGuffins that you need to help in your quest to defeat Gannon. How original."

Emabulator 03-11-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2476672)
I thought everyone was so done with Zero Punctation. Strange to see a link to one of his videos pop up here now. Let me guess, his video is going to say, "Oh wow. A new Zelda. Let me guess, Zelda is in a pickle and needs to be unpickled. Gannon is the bad guy doing bad things. And you pick up magical McGuffins that you need to help in your quest to defeat Gannon. How original."

'Everyone' voted for Hillary Clinton too. We never gave up on Zero Punctuation around here.

PatrickRes9 03-11-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2476672)

It wasn't too bad. Harsh on the Switch, pretty much praised Zelda.

Anemone 03-11-2017 12:52 PM

Still sold out everywhere, I can't find one.

SpectralThundr 03-11-2017 01:07 PM

Why were people "done" with ZP? Is it because Ben isn't a progressive shitbag? Let the butthurt flow 31, a single person in game media doesn't love the switch!! Oh nos!!!

31 Flavas 03-11-2017 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2476677)
Why were people "done" with ZP? Is it because Ben isn't a progressive shitbag? Let the butthurt flow 31, a single person in game media doesn't love the switch!! Oh nos!!!

Are you assuming I'm "done" with ZP? That might be a mistake. I'm just pointing out what I read here on EvAv. Seemed to me like it wasn't appreciated that he kept shitting on games that were supposed to be system sellers and master pieces. Also, it seems quite a lot like you think I think Nintendo can do no wrong. Hm...

SpectralThundr 03-11-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31 Flavas (Post 2476681)
Are you assuming I'm "done" with ZP? That might be a mistake. I'm just pointing out what I read here on EvAv. Seemed to me like it wasn't appreciated that he kept shitting on games that were supposed to be system sellers and master pieces. Also, it seems quite a lot like you think I think Nintendo can do no wrong. Hm...

I find it refreshing actually in general that he says outloud what most people think in general, rather than kissing publisher and developers asses like most reviewers.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-11-2017 02:46 PM

I thought that was a fantastic video.
I'm still getting a switch as soon as they are in stock.

Evil Avatar 03-11-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

I always get a big laugh out of the videos, I just forget to link to them. :(

brandonjclark 03-11-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Wait, Meeks?

Terran 03-11-2017 03:40 PM

Hang on a second, is it true that the power input is on the underside of the screen, the side that will sit on a surface if you play the device set up on a surface?

LOLOLOLOL. Epic engineering failure. :D

SpectralThundr 03-11-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2476696)
Hang on a second, is it true that the power input is on the underside of the screen, the side that will sit on a surface if you play the device set up on a surface?

Yeah that along with the weak ass antenna that a cat or random object can block.

blackzc 03-11-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2476696)

Nintendo = Shit engineering. :rolleyes:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

You push the home button on the joy con to turn it of and on......stop....

blackzc 03-11-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2476695)
Wait, Meeks?

Meeks, Teecakes, 31 Flavors, PSP Freak are all the same person.

SpectralThundr 03-11-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2476699)
Meeks, Teecakes, 31 Flavors, PSP Freak are all the same person.

So much stupidity all rolled into one, not surprising.

Terran 03-11-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2476698)
You push the home button on the joy con to turn it of and on......stop....

We're (ZP and myself) not talking about the power on/off switch, he mentioned the power input (where the power cable connects) and said it is located on the bottom edge of the device...the edge that sits on a surface when it is running, thereby making it a pain in the arse at least, if not impossible, to play the thing while it rests on a surface when the battery is run down. He even joked about drilling a hole through the table to run the power cable through it, lol.

If that is where the power cable connects, as he said in the video, that is indeed stupid engineering for a device that supposedly 'switches' between multiple methods of use.

blackzc 03-11-2017 07:25 PM

Only thing i can think is that they weren't able to have the vents and power plug on the same side. And the vent had to be on top for sure. People would be resting the Switch on their laps in bed and overheating them.

blackzc 03-11-2017 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 2476676)
Still sold out everywhere, I can't find one.

Next shipments are in April i think.

thatlukeguy 03-11-2017 07:34 PM

I'm only interested in the new Zelda game. It's probably a good time to find a used Wii U on ebay/craigslist and play it on that.