Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PS4 Games Coming to PlayStation Now in 2017 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244038)

Evil Avatar 03-14-2017 11:04 AM

PS4 Games Coming to PlayStation Now in 2017

Quote:

PlayStation Now: Stream PS4 Games in 2017

As many of you know, PlayStation Now lets you stream hundreds of PS3 games — currently 483 to be exact — to your PS4 and Windows PC.

We’re excited to announce that PS Now’s catalog is set to grow even further, as we’ll be expanding to include a new platform: PlayStation 4 games. All of the games in the service, including PS4 games, will be included with a single PS Now subscription. We’ll share more information as we get closer to launch, so stay tuned.

In the next few weeks we’ll kick off a private test with PS4 games on PS Now. If you’re an active PS Now subscriber, keep an eye on your email in case you get an invitation.

If you’re new to PS Now, the subscription service offers access to a large and ever-expanding library of games. Since PS Now utilizes our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads.

Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on another PS4 or even a Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.
blog.us.playstation.com

Tree Squid 03-14-2017 11:39 AM

Was stoked when they released RDR for PS now, until i tried it and came to the quick realization it only streams at 720p, On a PC this looks like blurry dirt, i'll touch it again when they've upped it to 1080p. Other than that the controller latency was non-existent for me, although i'm at 100 down so your mileage may vary.

Anemone 03-14-2017 12:03 PM

I tried it once and the streaming is just intolerable to me. That instant of delay is not worth it.

Streaming is a poor replacement for porting, from a user's point of view :\

Maybe some of you have magical latency and a golden modem of the gods and can make this work without telling that it's streaming noticeably, but I cannot.

ElektroDragon 03-14-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 2477049)
I tried it once and the streaming is just intolerable to me. That instant of delay is not worth it.

Streaming is a poor replacement for porting, from a user's point of view :\

Maybe some of you have magical latency and a golden modem of the gods and can make this work without telling that it's streaming noticeably, but I cannot.

I made this point on the PS Blog. Streaming is really the wrong way to go here. Graphic degradation, lag, stereo sound instead of surround, etc.... just stupid when Xbox Game Pass will let you play Xbox One games on the Xbox One NATIVELY INSTALLED in the same kind of subscription model. Scorpio will likely be my lead console again over my PS4 Pro until PS5.

Anemone 03-14-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2477122)
Xbox Game Pass will let you play Xbox One games on the Xbox One NATIVELY INSTALLED

Well, I should hope so :P