Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Matrix Reboot Happening at Warner Bros. (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244068)

Evil Avatar 03-15-2017 10:31 AM

The Matrix Reboot Happening at Warner Bros.

The Hollywood Reporter has the news that Warner Bros. is considering a Matrix reboot, without the Wachowski sisters and with upcoming star Michael B. Jordan (Creed).

Quote:

Itís still not clear what shape the project will take, but sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Warner Bros. is in the early stages of developing a relaunch of The Matrix, the iconic 1999 sci-fi movie that is considered one of the most original films in cinematic history, with Zak Penn in talks to write a treatment.

Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go.

At this point, the Wachowski siblings, who wrote and directed the original and its two sequels, are not involved and the nature of their potential engagement with a new version has not been determined. Certainly, Warners would want the two filmmakers to give at minimum a blessing to the nascent project. The studio had no comment.

Joel Silver, who produced the original trilogy, is said to have approached Warners about the idea of mining The Matrix for a potential new film. However, Silver sold his interest in all his movies to the studio in 2012 for about $30 million, according to sources. Warners is said to be leery of including him in any meaningful role, as he not only has a reputation for budget-control issues, but apparently has a strained relationship with the Wachowskis. The siblings hold much more meaning for fans than the producer. Silver's reps did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
I think Warner Bros. needs to take the blue pill, go home, and believe whatever they want to believe.

Chief Smash 03-15-2017 10:38 AM

The original Matrix still holds up well but I'm guessing that the studio are targeting an audience that wasn't quite old enough (or even born I suppose) to enjoy it the first time around.

Evil Avatar 03-15-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2477177)
The original Matrix still holds up well but I'm guessing that the studio are targeting an audience that wasn't quite old enough (or even born I suppose) to enjoy it the first time around.

I guess it just feels like one of those movies that everyone who would want to see it has seen it. My Son owns the movies on Blu-ray.

Anemone 03-15-2017 10:53 AM

Wut. No...

screwyluie 03-15-2017 11:03 AM

rebooting something like the matrix without the original people is often a terrible idea. However in this particular instance, after watching the animatrix it's clear that others can do this and there's more story to be told.

It can be done, so long as they don't cling too much to the original.

brandonjclark 03-15-2017 11:05 AM

Look, I have a soft spot for The Matrix. It took movies into a whole new direction.

The idea of rebooting it is just dumb. DUMB.

Anemone 03-15-2017 11:37 AM

Give it another 20 years, then reboot. Too soon.

Mojopin 03-15-2017 11:39 AM

The thing that made that movie so good, aside from of the ground-breaking action sequences, was the reveal about what the matrix IS. Most people already know what the premise is about and the increadible shock you got when Neo woke up in a vat of goo and you figured out what was going on isn't going to happen with the current generation of movie watchers. Most that it would suprise would most likely be waaaaaaaay to young to watch it. Meh, it'll happen if they think they can make a boatload of cash on it no matter how much the fans hate it.

Terran 03-15-2017 11:42 AM

The first film was actually quite well done and interesting. The sequels became increasingly hallucinatory and ridiculous, culminating in a writhing mass of un-erotic orgiastic humanity. If they had done another film in the series? I'd take the cyanide pill. :D

A reboot has potential, especially with the Wachowski brothers out of it. We shall see.

VideoMike101 03-15-2017 12:34 PM

The Matrix starring Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj, coming soon.

Metal Jesus 03-15-2017 02:24 PM

This is like trying to reboot the original Star Wars IV: New Hope...

There is just no need.

Chimpbot 03-15-2017 02:37 PM

It's the day for reboot announcements; Fox is also re-remaking The Fly. The only reason I give a shit is because we might actually see decent Bluray versions of Cronenberg's film and the sequel.

hurstshifter 03-15-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2477233)
It's the day for reboot announcements; Fox is also re-remaking The Fly. The only reason I give a shit is because we might actually see decent Bluray versions of Cronenberg's film and the sequel.

A re-re-making is more like it. How deep do we need to go? The 1986 fly still holds up.

Cranium 03-15-2017 03:52 PM

It's going into replication.

brandonjclark 03-15-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hurstshifter (Post 2477237)
A re-re-making is more like it. How deep do we need to go? The 1986 fly still holds up.

Holds up? It does more than hold up. That's an excellent movie.

Accursed 03-15-2017 06:37 PM

Yeah I don't like this idea at all, talk about too soon. And it feels like a money grab. Bleh, hope it fails....

ministryofwrath 03-15-2017 08:30 PM

Just wait for it.... wait for it.

A woman awakens to find she has just the resting bitch face and disdain for men needed to crush nuts non stop for 1 hour 45 minuets, while advocating that machines live among us peacefully and assimilate in to our society...where we could learn the best traits of the machines and the machines could learn our ways for a perfect utopia.......at the expense of our life force to sustain their innocent batteries.

The sequel is when human society collapses due to a over use of life force, and too little too late the humans finally admit the machines were simply accepting a better deal and would win through attrition by slowly outnumbering us.

All while brain washing special snowflakes in to thinking the machines were the victims the entire time, even getting them to kill one another!

Ground breaking fiction that only Hollywood can bring.

oh wait...damn....

Anemone 03-15-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ministryofwrath (Post 2477281)
Just wait for it.... wait for it.

A woman awakens to find she has just the resting bitch face and disdain for men needed to crush nuts non stop for 1 hour 45 minuets, while advocating that machines live among us peacefully and assimilate in to our society...where we could learn the best traits of the machines and the machines could learn our ways for a perfect utopia.......at the expense of our life force to sustain their innocent batteries.

The sequel is when human society collapses due to a over use of life force, and too little too late the humans finally admit the machines were simply accepting a better deal and would win through attrition by slowly outnumbering us.

All while brain washing special snowflakes in to thinking the machines were the victims the entire time, even getting them to kill one another!

Ground breaking fiction that only Hollywood can bring.

oh wait...damn....

Wait, I've got one.

A straight white man goes through his life as some right-winger, "oppressing women" and the like, grows old, and dies.

Only to awaken in a R&M style videogame ala ROY, he's actually a fat black lesbian in the real world.

ministryofwrath 03-15-2017 11:10 PM

I've never gone from being annoyed to breaking a huge smile like that in my life.

Thank you for that tasty tasty message.... Hahahahaha

Anemone 03-15-2017 11:55 PM

Actually the reverse might be even funnier. You were WHITE all along!