Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nintendo Direct E3 2019 Starts Now! (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261045)

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 08:50 AM

Nintendo Direct E3 2019 Starts Now!
 

DingBat 06-11-2019 09:23 AM

While I'd heard rumours about Witcher 3 I kinda dismissed them. Assuming they do a decent port, this will be a great pick up for my Switch.

PacerDawn 06-11-2019 09:23 AM

Nintendo knows how to do a presentation. Seriously, all these other publishers really need to learn from this. No presenters giving long winded speeches about how long it took to make, how diverse the development team was, and what the game may or may not do through performance art. Just games. And actual game play, not just cut-scenes and promises.

PacerDawn 06-11-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2539292)
While I'd heard rumours about Witcher 3 I kinda dismissed them. Assuming they do a decent port, this will be a great pick up for my Switch.

Agreed. I've seen a lot of people complain about the drop in quality of multi-platform games on the Switch. Fortunately, I don't mind. The only reason I would get it on the Switch is because I want it to be portable, I rarely hook it up to TV anyway.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 09:46 AM

Good presentation for sure. Just cut to the meat of things and show us the games.

BillyWilliamton 06-11-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2539293)
Seriously, all these other publishers really need to learn from this. No presenters giving long winded speeches about how long it took to make, how diverse the development team was, and what the game may or may not do through performance art. Just games. And actual game play, not just cut-scenes and promises.

They need those virtue signal sales, since the games are all trash.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2019 10:22 AM

I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.

PacerDawn 06-11-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539300)
I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.

<-- Dingbat.

I got Skyrim to have a portable Skyrim. Same with Diablo III, even though I already have both on the PC. It's actually quite awesome.

I don't have Witcher III yet, but I think I know what system I am getting it on now.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539300)
I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.

Your question contains the answer. Most of the people playing these games on the Switch do not own high-end gaming PCís and probably donít own the Xbox or the PS4. You are mostly talking about younger gamers with the Switch who probably havenít played Skyrim or The Witcher.

There is a whole generation of people who get by with a laptop and a smart phone and there is about a billion young people who arenít old enough to own high-end PCís and the Switch IS their console system.

PatrickRes9 06-11-2019 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2539303)
Your question contains the answer. Most of the people playing these games on the Switch do not own high-end gaming PCís and probably donít own the Xbox or the PS4. You are mostly talking about younger gamers with the Switch who probably havenít played Skyrim or The Witcher.

There is a whole generation of people who get by with a laptop and a smart phone and there is about a billion young people who arenít old enough to own high-end PCís and the Switch IS their console system.

And also people who want to take advantage of playing really good games on the go. Or people who enjoy Nintendos first party titles. Both of those situations apply to me.

I played Witcher 3 and Skyrim. I've been playing games since the Atari and NES era, but I really want to play these great games on the go as a professional who travels at times, and also that Animal Crossing and Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel are going to be great. Mobile or not.

EL CABONG 06-11-2019 11:01 AM

Wow. Not much I didn't already know about but some how still better than the other press conferences. I want a to play some of these games.

I have been on the fence on gettting a switch for awhile. New hardware rumors keep me from jumping on board.

Chief Smash 06-11-2019 11:03 AM

I also like the idea of having these games on the Switch so I can hang out in the living room and game on the couch with my wife while she reads or watches her shows. When Summer comes around, I also like to light up the tiki torches and sit on the deck and play a game. I'll admit that it doesn't happen all of the time but I really like the option, enough that I don't mind the drop in quality.

BeardedSonOfNel 06-11-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539300)
I don't see why anyone would want Witcher on the switch except for novelty value. Same with Skyrim. Seriously, is there anyone in the audience for these games with just a Switch and no PC or high end console? Just boggles my mind. People must be re-buying it for the novelty factor, which only a dingbat would do.

I own Skyrim on the Switch, PC, and Xbox. It's one of my favorite games. I'm on the road a lot. Today for example I'll have two hours to kill between appointments. I'll find a nice park, and play some Skyrim. I can't wait for the Witcher 3. Maybe I'll actually beat it, because I don't have time to play with it at home.

CthulhuFan 06-11-2019 01:02 PM

I've got a great PC and run most of my stuff in 3840x2160 and the demanding stuff in 2560x1440 and I own and love my switch because it's fucking tits when you're stuck away from home for extended periods of time.

ElektroDragon 06-11-2019 02:56 PM

OK, guess I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I am getting Super Mario Maker 2 for my son, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Everything else was a yawnfest in that Treehouse.

CthulhuFan 06-11-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539332)
OK, guess I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I am getting Super Mario Maker 2 for my son, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Everything else was a yawnfest in that Treehouse.

It just is what it is. Some of us don't give a fuck and just want to game when we're stuck out and about. So, yeah, calling Roach, doing Daedric quests, or playing Shantae or Zelda BotW in substandard resolution with less than ideal frame-rate is legitimately better than turning on CNN or whatever.

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2539332)
OK, guess I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

I am getting Super Mario Maker 2 for my son, Link's Awakening, and Luigi's Mansion 3. Everything else was a yawnfest in that Treehouse.

I wouldnít say you are wrong, just looking at it from the wrong perspective. I think for a lot of kids the Switch is their only console. The thing is $300, so some parents arenít going to buy their kid a Switch and a PS4/Xbox, they are just going to buy the Switch.

For people like us, itís a little redundant unless you are doing gaming on the Go. I donít usually find myself stuck anywhere so I donít own a Switch, but we have two of them in the house, both kids have one.

CthulhuFan 06-13-2019 11:03 AM

I did not meat to sound like an asshole with that previous post; just meant to say that it's bad ass to play Skyrim or whatever at the doctor's office or wherever even if it's sub-par resolution/framerate.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:11 AM.