Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Animal Crossing New Horizons Delayed Until March 2020 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261048)

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 11:22 AM

Animal Crossing New Horizons Delayed Until March 2020

Quote:

In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, start fresh on a deserted island and enjoy a peaceful existence full of creativity, freedom, and charm as you roll up your sleeves and make your new life whatever you want it to be. Collect resources you can craft into everything from creature comforts to handy tools. Embrace your green thumb and try out some new tricks of the gardening trade. Set up a perfect homestead where the rules of what goes indoors or out no longer apply. Go fishing, pole-vault across rivers as you explore your island home, make friends with new arrivals, kick back and enjoy the seasons, and more!

Evil Avatar 06-11-2019 11:22 AM

PatrickRes9 06-11-2019 11:26 AM

Boner.

Want.

Need.

Yes plz.

Chief Smash 06-11-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539313)
Boner.

Want.

Need.

Yes plz.

Come on Pat. Be responsible. You know damn well that Spec is going to seize up like an old rusty engine when he reads that you're getting a boner for this game.

PatrickRes9 06-11-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2539316)
Come on Pat. Be responsible. You know damn well that Spec is going to seize up like an old rusty engine when he reads that you're getting a boner for this game.

lol!

Hey, it's got a family friendly aesthetic, sure. But the gameplay is going to be oustanding. I cant wait.

Chimpbot 06-11-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

If he interacts with any of these Nintendo-themed posts at this point, it's his own damn fault.

LostToys 06-11-2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539313)
Need.

Yes plz.

Too bad you have to wait until next year, rather than this Winter.

Personally, this delay has moved the game from a must buy day one to a buy when I have no games to play over the Summer of 2020. Which is a shame, because I absolutely love Animal Crossing (I am playing, against my will at this point, Pocket Camp).

SpectralThundr 06-11-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Naw it's more like chuckling and nodding. Par for the course. :D

shadow763 06-12-2019 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2539317)
lol!

Hey, it's got a family friendly aesthetic, sure. But the gameplay is going to be oustanding. I cant wait.

Gameplay and Animal Crossing are two things that don't go in the same sentence unless it is about the lack thereof.

PatrickRes9 06-12-2019 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2539380)
Gameplay and Animal Crossing are two things that don't go in the same sentence unless it is about the lack thereof.

I love it. Sure it's not action packed, but it's part collectathon, part farm sim, part sims - it does a lot right.

I enjoyed doing the rare events in the original, and getting my house just right. (turning my basement into an NES arcade) The game was full of surprises. Looks like they're going to emphasize farming more than previous versions in this one.

It's like Stardew-light with some really nice elements to it.

I've always really enjoyed the series. It's a day-one buy for me, tbh, and that's an extremely rare thing for me.