Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Watch Charlize Theron Kick-Ass in the Atomic Blonde Red Band Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243965)

Evil Avatar 03-10-2017 08:11 AM

Watch Charlize Theron Kick-Ass in the Atomic Blonde Red Band Trailer

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3860/3...1bcfb39d22.jpg

Click on the Headline for the Video.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2017 08:11 AM

Chief Smash 03-10-2017 08:25 AM

Joanna Wick? Except with less puppy and more lesbian sex.

CitizenZero 03-10-2017 09:16 AM

This is from the co-director of John Wick, so Joanna Wick does seem to be apt.

Chief Smash 03-10-2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CitizenZero (Post 2476549)
This is from the co-director of John Wick, so Joanna Wick does seem to be apt.

Ah well there you go. The action looks similar and John Wick was a lot of fun. But I've gotten old fashioned on my old age. I can put up with some violence (though not as much as I used to) but I tend to stay away from.... other graphic scenes these days. ;)

Anemone 03-10-2017 09:54 AM

I've never seen filmatography like that, so awesome. Like I don't really care for the concept that much, women have a very hard time indeed going toe to toe with even one average man in hand to hand combat, but because that filmatography is awesome, I'm interested.

Chief Smash 03-10-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 2476551)
I've never seen filmatography like that, so awesome. Like I don't really care for the concept that much, women have a very hard time indeed going toe to toe with even one average man in hand to hand combat, but because that filmatography is awesome, I'm interested.

It is a little tough to separate reality from fantasy in movies that look like they're supposed to be based in reality. But movies like this and John Wick pretty much are fantasy when you have them taking on hordes of giant dudes for nearly 2 straight hours.

DeluxE 03-10-2017 11:48 AM

Reminds me of Haywire, another underrated female-fronted action flick.

screwyluie 03-10-2017 12:14 PM

I find her wholly unconvincing in those action sequences. otherwise it would be a good looking movie, just need a better actress... or perhaps one more suited to the role.

PacerDawn 03-10-2017 12:38 PM

Looks good. I like how they are following the style of John Wick with uncut action scenes. Too many movies slice up action scenes into 1000's of cuts which is really annoying. The Honest Trailer for John Wick really showed that off well with a scene from one of the Taken movies consisting of Liam Neeson jumping a fence which used 12+ cuts with nauseating shaky cam just for that single action.

Anemone 03-10-2017 12:50 PM

She's also 41 now, starting to show her age.

excalibur1814 03-10-2017 03:09 PM

The opening scene, albeit quite good, just seemed un-realistic. The pauses between each hit just seemed odd. Sure, of course, action scenes are easier with multiple cuts but if you're not going to do that they the scene(s) need to be ultra tight... probably why not many films have it in one take.

P.s. Loved the film John Wick.

saulob 03-10-2017 03:53 PM

I think 'his friend' is not dead. It will be alive in the end :)

Major Dan 03-10-2017 04:26 PM

Why was that red-band? Don't recall any nudity or ultra violence. Oh well looks, interesting.

vallor 03-10-2017 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 2476577)

Doesn't matter if she's 41, if she weren't so uneducated politically she'd be a 10 in my book.

Terran 03-10-2017 06:18 PM

Well, this won't be a long series of films. She's got a few years left before she's sidelined for younger actors.

Not really sold on her in the role. Not really sold on any woman, or even most men, taking even ONE of those shots in the fight scenes and getting back up. Yes, it's a movie, but John Wick is believable. This just looks...silly.

vallor 03-10-2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2476622)
Well, this won't be a long series of films. She's got a few years left before she's sidelined for younger actors.

Not really sold on her in the role. Not really sold on any woman, or even most men, taking even ONE of those shots in the fight scenes and getting back up. Yes, it's a movie, but John Wick is believable. This just looks...silly.

I dunno, in the first scene where she looks like Kim Basinger I thought it looked pretty decent how she was clearly staggered with each hit. She took the hits hard and was clearly getting hurt where a guy might be seen shrugging them off. Considering she's supposed to be highly trained in hand to hand and these looked like a couple of thugs I wouldn't be surprised at this. Also remember one dude is shot right off the bat so isn't exactly 100%.

The pace of the fight was slow which is what I expect for a "real" fight with a woman against two guys in that sort of clothing in that scenario. Makes sense as this is one of the few scenes you can actually sort of see her face in. The other fight scenes? Not so much.

Rommel 03-10-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major Dan (Post 2476602)
Why was that red-band? Don't recall any nudity or ultra violence. Oh well looks, interesting.

I think I saw the French girl's nipple.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saulob (Post 2476600)
I think 'his friend' is not dead. It will be alive in the end :)

Oh, the other agent is absolutely the bad guy.

Evil Avatar 03-11-2017 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anemone (Post 2476577)

Not to me! She's perfect. Great actress, a shame she is the typical Hollywood liberal.

I don't even mind if the Hollywood weirdos are liberal, but just keep your mouth shut so we can ALL enjoy your movies. Goes for Conservative Hollywood actors too. Just shut up and make movies.

You don't see Ryan Reynolds out there spouting out political nonsense and that way everyone gets to enjoy his movies free from any politics.

brandonjclark 03-11-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2476657)
Not to me! She's perfect. Great actress, a shame she is the typical Hollywood liberal.

I don't even mind if the Hollywood weirdos are liberal, but just keep your mouth shut so we can ALL enjoy your movies. Goes for Conservative Hollywood actors too. Just shut up and make movies.

You don't see Ryan Reynolds out there spouting out political nonsense and that way everyone gets to enjoy his movies free from any politics.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. I mean, they're free to express their opinions, it's just when they try to use their public podium to influence people it hurts their image.

The last thing an average American wants is to be talked down to or be made to feel guilty by a rich actor.