Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Disney's Dumbo Trailer #Dumbo (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257144)

Evil Avatar 11-14-2018 08:06 PM

Disney's Dumbo Trailer #Dumbo

Quote:

Watch the new trailer for Dumbo, and see the film when it soars to theatres March 29, 2019!

From Disney and visionary director Tim Burton, “Dumbo” expands on the beloved classic story where differences are celebrated, family is cherished and dreams take flight. A new trailer, images and poster are now available. The trailer features Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Eva Green, Finley Hobbins and Nico Parker.

Circus owner Max Medici (Danny DeVito) enlists former star Holt Farrier (Colin Farrell) and his children Milly (Nico Parker) and Joe (Finley Hobbins) to care for a newborn elephant whose oversized ears make him a laughingstock in an already struggling circus. But when they discover that Dumbo can fly, the circus makes an incredible comeback, attracting persuasive entrepreneur V.A. Vandevere (Michael Keaton), who recruits the peculiar pachyderm for his newest, larger-than-life entertainment venture, Dreamland. Dumbo soars to new heights alongside a charming and spectacular aerial artist, Colette Marchant (Eva Green), until Holt learns that beneath its shiny veneer, Dreamland is full of dark secrets.

Evil Avatar 11-14-2018 08:07 PM

Looks like the first really great Tim Burton film in decades. Of course, I'm kind of a Colin Farrell fan now, he turned from a C-List actor into A-List pretty fast.

He was even good in True Detective, though the season itself was average his acting was AAA.

vallor 11-14-2018 09:25 PM

I haven't been a big fan of the Disney Live action versions of their iconic cartoons but this might be one I watch... until I saw it was Tim Burton. I wonder what they'll do to replace the heckling crows.

Their bullying (it was really love!) was basically the straw that broke the camel's back and got him flying to begin with. Not some inspirational kids around the circus.

The CGI looks great and the girl they cast has a really unusual look, clearly not Farrell's kid! If she does well here she'll work for a long time because she has a unique face people will recognize. But because it is Tim Burton it is going to have a shitty Danny Elfman Score (he never met a dozen oboes he didn't like) and I can't stand him! Also, Tim Burton screwed up Willie Wonka so Fuck Him!

Terran 11-14-2018 09:55 PM

I thought circuses were evil, especially their treatment of elephants? Has PETA taken a stance on this film yet? Not very progressive of Disney to drag this story back out for a modern audience. :rolleyes:

PacerDawn 11-15-2018 08:39 AM

This looks like it should be a horror movie, right down to the music.

EmoryM 11-15-2018 10:11 AM

It's interesting how creative bankruptcy manifests. When I was a kid it was the direct-to-video sequel, like Aladdin 2. Now as an adult it's the remake (or live-action adaptation.) These cash grabs give us the motivation to give the originals another watch, which I'm thankful for - I'd probably have never seen Bullwinkle again if Amazon hadn't tried to wring a few shekels from its corpse.

NESter the Unlikely 11-15-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2524440)
I thought circuses were evil, especially their treatment of elephants? Has PETA taken a stance on this film yet? Not very progressive of Disney to drag this story back out for a modern audience. :rolleyes:

I hear the sarcasm loud and clear but that doesn't make your point any less valid. If Disney has decided to whitewash profiting off the abuse of animals then there's one more thing to throw on the pile of reasons to hate Disney, along with killing Star Wars and helping ensure copyright law stays as draconic as Disney's pockets are deep.

Terran 11-15-2018 02:24 PM

Disney is shit. Agreed.

You signing up for their digital streaming service next year? I have kids. Guess my answer.

Fuck.

SpectralThundr 11-15-2018 02:28 PM

Wonder how much marxism this version of dumbo pushes.

solinari6 11-15-2018 02:31 PM

lol, damn, you bitches are JADED! :p

LostToys 11-15-2018 03:50 PM

This is the first Tim Burton film since Big Fish I have an actual interest in, and if all goes according to anticipation, will be the first film since Ed Wood that I like.

Wizzkidd 11-16-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2524491)
Disney is shit. Agreed.

You signing up for their digital streaming service next year? I have kids. Guess my answer.

Fuck.

Dude, I REALLY dislike Disney. Everything they touch is generic "family friendly" shit. Whatever "family" means to Disney. Doesn't matter what any of us think family is, DISNEY gets to say what is family friendly.

Not me. I couldn't care less about Pixar films, I don't have kids nor do I care to spend my time watching films targeted to that audience.

So Toy Story 55 or Dumbo remake etc matters to me as much as the dirt I walk on. Just doesn't register.

I'd rather watch a ghetto horror film than watch one if these. Watched Incredibles 2 the other day because my wife like *some* of these films. I was struggling to stay awake, and at the end my wife regretted watching it.

I love that these films give people joy, just got to say that they don't work for me.

Evil Avatar 11-16-2018 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2524488)
I hear the sarcasm loud and clear but that doesn't make your point any less valid. If Disney has decided to whitewash profiting off the abuse of animals then there's one more thing to throw on the pile of reasons to hate Disney, along with killing Star Wars and helping ensure copyright law stays as draconic as Disney's pockets are deep.

How can they be profiting off the abuse of animals when no animals are involved in the making or filming of the movie?

PatrickRes9 11-17-2018 08:02 PM

Operation Dumbo Drop!
Larger than Life!