Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Path of Exile for PS4 Delayed to February 2019 (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257361)

Evil Avatar 11-29-2018 08:12 AM

Path of Exile for PS4 Delayed to February 2019

Quote:

Path of Exile on PlayStation 4 Release Delay

When we announced Path of Exile for PlayStation 4 earlier this month, we indicated we were aiming for a December release. Unfortunately, we have had to revise this to early February. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this causes, because we know there are many players looking forward to this release.

We underestimated the amount of work it would take to finish the certification process during the busy Christmas period. While we hope to have everything ready in January, we feel a lot more comfortable promising early February as a target release window. This will also give us time to work on game performance/frame rate, which we feel could be improved before release.

Again, we're very sorry about this. We understand that many PlayStation users were keen to play Betrayal over Christmas and have been eagerly awaiting release date news. We promise that Path of Exile will be awesome on PlayStation 4 when it is released early next year.
pathofexile.com

DeadPixel 11-29-2018 12:42 PM

Love that game, been a supporter from closed beta.

Misanthropist 11-29-2018 11:47 PM

I wonder if they will add controller support for PC?
I could use the steam controller i suppose, but i enjoyed diablo 3 reaper of souls on console more than i did diablo 3 on pc. So maybe they will add controller support?

i will be starting the new betrayal league in a week or so, very much looking forward to it since i did not play beastiary or incursion! lots of new content for me.

Meusli 11-30-2018 02:14 AM

I wonder what effect MS buying them has had on this, if any at all? It is a great game but I have still not finished it, I pick it up every so often and must be about 3/4's through.

Chimpbot 11-30-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meusli (Post 2525169)
I wonder what effect MS buying them has had on this, if any at all? It is a great game but I have still not finished it, I pick it up every so often and must be about 3/4's through.

Tencent bought Grinding Gear Games back in May. Microsoft didn't have anything to do with that purchase.

I started playing PoE this week and while it's fun, something about it just kinda seems off. I'm enjoying myself, but it's the sort of game I know I could easily drop once something like, say, Diablo 4 comes around.

solinari6 11-30-2018 07:54 AM

hopefully they are adding couch co-op?

Terran 11-30-2018 02:14 PM

Got a decent year out of this title before burning out on its rubbish end game and, despite the bells and whistles, it's limited...YES LIMITED...end game viable builds.

Tons of options, few that work. Make a mistake deep in your skill tree and you're fucked until the next patch. Leagues are very hit or miss, vacillating between shit and solid. Sold out to a Chinese P2W shark. Continually messing with items and skills in patches and xpacs, thereby breaking previously workable builds and requiring you to rebuild if you liked that toon.

It's D3 with a less polished presentation and a facade of skill tree complexity that hides the fact that there are roads you MUST go down if you want to have any fun and not die continually. Good for a year or so, then fuck it.

vallor 11-30-2018 05:51 PM

I pick it up now and then just to see if I like it yet. I never manage to stick with it very long, this time I made it to level 45 or so with a Ranger which is a record for me. Last time it was a level 20 witch.

I like Delve league. League seems like a strange name to call what is basically their content expansion iteration but I am not so sure the upcoming Betrayal will have the same coolness.

I see advantages in Delve which help bypass some shit gameplay mechanics that will disappear with Betrayal, like having basically free unlimited world portals every time you find the a node of the metal.

Not that it has much to do with anything, except general befuddlement on my part... they didn't do anything remarkable for Black Friday/Thanksgiving sales which surprised me. I'm a real sucker for a decent sale for the games I play. World of Warships tagged me for $120 and I would have dumped a good amount into PoE even just to bank some currency against a future league or stash tab sale.

Terran 12-01-2018 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2525233)
I pick it up now and then just to see if I like it yet. I never manage to stick with it very long, this time I made it to level 45 or so with a Ranger which is a record for me. Last time it was a level 20 witch.

You really should try to get through the 10 acts and to level 70 with one build, to mess around with the mapping endgame. It is quite fun at that point...for a while. If your build doesn't suck. ;)

Misanthropist 12-05-2018 11:48 AM

betrayal will be fun

Quote:

Originally Posted by vallor (Post 2525233)
I like Delve league. League seems like a strange name to call what is basically their content expansion iteration but I am not so sure the upcoming Betrayal will have the same coolness.

the new betrayal league will keep all the delve content + adding incursion league + bestiary league content and the revamped crafting system.

i only finished delve with 26/40 achievements, 156/159 end game maps completed, so the other content is new to me.

yes builds are not really a complete package until level 75 +with ascendancies. shaper/uber elder require more specific builds/gear, but completing the 150+ maps dont require the same dedication.