Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LawBreakers PS4 Problems with Hitches and Stutters Massively Improved with Patch (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247533)

Emabulator 08-09-2017 04:20 PM

LawBreakers PS4 Problems with Hitches and Stutters Massively Improved with Patch

Eurogamer has the story.

Quote:

Good news for prospective buyers of Boss Key's Lawbreakers. The hitching and stuttering issues that heavily impacted gameplay on launch day are now massively improved. "PS4 players, the @lawbreakers hitching fix is live! Thanks for your understanding. Now go kick some ass," Boss Key announced on Twitter.

The patch notes for update 1.04 cite "hitch improvements" and we can confirm that the frequency of the problem, not to mention the length of the stuttering (now 100ms at its worst) represent a night and day difference from the sub-optimal experience we played yesterday.

ElektroDragon 08-10-2017 06:18 PM

Never even heard of this game, and that's unheard of. :eek:

Evil Avatar 08-10-2017 11:18 PM

Other than like one reader here who tried the beta, I've heard nothing about this game and seen nothing worthwhile. Their own YouTube channel only gets a few hundred views on each video they post.

I honestly don't have any idea what CliffyB was thinking. The era of PC-Only Deathmatch-Only titles is pretty much at an end (other than perhaps Call of Duty) and nothing about this title stood out.

The characters look generic, the levels look generic, the action looks generic... it's just bland heaped up on top of bland.

If you were a millionaire ex-game developer with the backing of a massive Korean Pay-to-Win company behind you, is this seriously what you would create?

I can think of about a dozen unique game ideas (or or two of which might actually be good) just off the top of my head and I'm sure everyone here could do the same and if we had unlimited resources like CliffyB did we would stand a chance of getting them made.

This was just weird all the way around and the week after it launches it will already be dead. I doubt it will even last as long as Evolve. Heh.

Scherge 08-11-2017 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2490256)
I honestly don't have any idea what CliffyB was thinking. The era of PC-Only Deathmatch-Only titles is pretty much at an end (other than perhaps Call of Duty) and nothing about this title stood out.

What exactly do you mean, "PC-only"? This thread is about the PS4 version. And isn't "Overwatch" little more than a multi-platform deathmatch-only title? I hear that's doing okay...

Mozain 08-11-2017 07:14 AM

I gave it a shot waaaaay back in alpha/beta and was thoroughly unimpressed. Mind you most things weren't implemented yet, but the game didn't flow as nicely as I think they imagined. Perhaps that changed but a good deal of time I was fighting against the various gravity/aerial aspects rather than being able to use them in any meaningful and game enhancing way.

Chimpbot 08-11-2017 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2490261)
What exactly do you mean, "PC-only"? This thread is about the PS4 version. And isn't "Overwatch" little more than a multi-platform deathmatch-only title? I hear that's doing okay...

It doesn't have a deathmatch mode yet, but you're not entirely wrong.

Evil Avatar 08-11-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scherge (Post 2490261)

I think you get the idea, straight Deathmatch titles just don't do as well as they once did. The new Quake looks like a failure and this looks like massive amounts of failure.

Blizzard was sure able to pull it off with Overwatch (though I wasn't all that impressed with that game either, to tell you the truth).

Yes, there is a PS4 version, but this was designed and marketed in the beginning as a PC-only title.

VideoMike101 08-11-2017 10:10 AM

CliffyB's Folly.