Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Big Changes To Destiny 2's Eververse Microtransactions, Cosmetic Items Announced (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250931)

Emabulator 01-11-2018 06:54 PM

Big Changes To Destiny 2's Eververse Microtransactions, Cosmetic Items Announced

GameSpot has the story.

Quote:

As promised, Bungie has made a wide variety of announcements about changes on the way to Destiny 2. The developer has pledged to be more open about its development plans for the future, and among those are significant adjustments to Eververse and the items that are distributed through the microtransaction-based store.

Bungie acknowledged that "the scales are tipped too far towards Tess at the moment," referencing the in-game shopkeeper who runs Eververse. The store "was never intended to be a substitute for end-game content and rewards," which is what has become for dedicated players. To address this, Bungie outlined a number of changes in a new blog post.

For starters, Bungie says it's "shifting the balance of new content in favor of activity rewards over Bright Engrams," which are currently obtained by leveling up or purchasing them with real money. Activity rewards will now include things like Ghosts, Sparrows, and ships, which Bungie noted were only acquired through Bright Engrams recently. And while they'll no longer be the exclusive home for those items, there will be a "gameplay path" to obtaining Bright Engrams and their rewards. That change also applies to event-specific Engrams, like those offered during The Dawning, something that was a major criticism of the recently concluded event. Furthermore, Bungie intends to provide more ways of directly purchasing the items players want, rather than having to blindly purchase Bright Engrams in the hopes of getting what you're looking for.
What a clusterfuck! I get a headache just reading about the 'activity rewards' in Destiny 2. And for high end armor that is one stupid looking helmet.

Emabulator 01-11-2018 06:55 PM

More Destiny 2 news: Bungie Readies Some Subtle, But Necessary Changes To Destiny 2

Quote:

In a recent blog post, Bungie laid out some sudden and big changes coming to Destiny 2. In addition to a reworked loot drop system, updates to the Crucible, and an expanded scope to recently added Masterwork items, the developers also included mentions of several changes that affect the quality of life for the game, which many fans have been clamoring to see for quite some time.

During the last few months, many fans online have been outspoken about several design decisions and practices that have been occurred in-game. In addition to expressing outrage over Bungie altering experience gains for players without notice, the more dedicated players found that the Eververse--the in-game microtransaction store--featured many items that were otherwise difficult to find on your own. While players were rewarded with Bright Engrams--special Engrams that yield items from the Eververse--these rewards are few and far between, and rarely yield the more high-end items.

ashikenshin 01-11-2018 09:33 PM

lol this game is garbage. They are showing their greed and that they don't care about their customers. Anyone still playing this game should find better games to play.

karaliusbronius 01-11-2018 10:34 PM

Its disappointing, this game really makes me appreciate Destiny 1 so much more.

Terran 01-12-2018 06:29 AM

This series strikes me as one of the most disappointing games people still somehow love. I tried it and found it almost completely uninspiring myself, but others rave about it while wearing sackcloth and ashes over its imperfections.

I just think it sucks.

Booda 01-12-2018 08:00 AM

I really enjoyed Destiny 1 especially after The Taken King dlc came out. Destiny 2 on the other hand is a mess. I had fun playing through the campaign but the endgame is awful for reasons you can read about everywhere. In fact, I uninstalled it off my hard drive & unless a miracle happens, I have no intentions of reinstalling it.

Jumped back into The Division this past week for the first time in about 2 years (this time on pc instead of PS4). Iím hearing that everything that Destiny 2 does wrong with the endgame, The Division does right. Looking forward to completing the campaign & digging into all the content that they have supported the game with over the past 2 years. The Survival mode sounds really intriguing/harder than hell.

shadow763 01-12-2018 09:18 AM

No reason to play Destiny 2 after you beat it really. I haven't felt a reason to go back. The series as a whole is one big lost opportunity. Bungie's inability to deliver on the vision they sold people is unfortunate. It could have been great.

Kreigmstr 01-12-2018 12:16 PM

I spend a bit of my time playing this still. But TBH very few people i know are playing this anymore. So I don't invest much time.

After recently watching a youtube video from SkillUp on the state of The Division, i've gone back to playing the Division (xbox) a lot. So much stuff to do now with Survival, Resistance(horde mode), the Underground, Skirmish(4v4 pvp), Dark Zone, High Value Targets, Missions, and Strikes.

LostToys 01-12-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2503679)
This series strikes me as one of the most disappointing games people still somehow love. I tried it and found it almost completely uninspiring myself, but others rave about it while wearing sackcloth and ashes over its imperfections.

I just think it sucks.

There is something very satisfying about the gunplay in the game, everything from their sound, rate of fire, the impact and reaction they have on enemies, compounded with excellent character/gun/enemy animations, and environmental details that make the game "fun" to play even when you are doing the same content over and over again.

With that said, after a month, I am done until the next major expansion. One of the issues with Destiny is that you, the gamer, have no control over the difficulty. One of the best things about a loot based game is being able to ramp up and down the difficulty to make the game more fun/challenging. So even if you are fully geared in something like Diablo, you could turn of the rift to God like difficulty for the challenge, or do low level runs just to see shit explode in every direction. So it feels less like a treadmill, and more like a buffet where you pick and choose how you want to play.

Booda 01-12-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emabulator (Post 2503647)
And for high end armor that is one stupid looking helmet.

https://resizing.flixster.com/GmH0SR...MDsxNzQ0OzgwNA
I kinda like it actually. It makes me think of The Void. :cool:

PacerDawn 01-12-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostToys (Post 2503714)
One of the issues with Destiny is that you, the gamer, have no control over the difficulty. One of the best things about a loot based game is being able to ramp up and down the difficulty to make the game more fun/challenging.

I completely agree with this, it is my biggest beef with Destiny 2. The mobs stay at your level, you don't get more powerful at all. Regardless of your character or light level, You stay pretty much the same power all the way through the game. And they also cap the max damage you can do. You join a public event in a starting zone and the level 5's with 50 light are doing just as much damage as level 20's with 305 light.

The only goal in playing is to max a number (light level). A number that doesn't impact normal game-play in the slightest, just than in the final raids. And even then it's marginal.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with that. My guess is due to the lack of content. If people out-level earth, there is no reason to go back. Players will complain there is nothing to do once they get up in levels. But to make make leveling pointless? Why bother having levels at all then?

That's a big fail to me.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the game itself is a lot of fun to play. It's just a shame that the levelling aspect is useless.

Emabulator 01-13-2018 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2503721)
I completely agree with this, it is my biggest beef with Destiny 2. The mobs stay at your level, you don't get more powerful at all. Regardless of your character or light level, You stay pretty much the same power all the way through the game. And they also cap the max damage you can do. You join a public event in a starting zone and the level 5's with 50 light are doing just as much damage as level 20's with 305 light.

The only goal in playing is to max a number (light level). A number that doesn't impact normal game-play in the slightest, just than in the final raids. And even then it's marginal.

I'm not sure what they were thinking with that. My guess is due to the lack of content. If people out-level earth, there is no reason to go back. Players will complain there is nothing to do once they get up in levels. But to make make leveling pointless? Why bother having levels at all then?

That's a big fail to me.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, the game itself is a lot of fun to play. It's just a shame that the levelling aspect is useless.

Bungie knows how to make make a fun shooter. The gunplay is a blast while you're playing through to campaign. Problem is Bungie flat out sucks at structuring an MMO. They give you zero reason to play on after a couple of weeks. It's like nobody on the development team has ever played Everquest or World of WarCraft.