Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262588)

Jetherik 09-06-2019 07:08 AM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

Football will be in full force this weekend. But does that really matter? NO! What matter is what games are you playing?

BeardedSonOfNel 09-06-2019 07:58 AM

I've been logging some time on the NES the last few days, and I don't see that changing this weekend.

EL CABONG 09-06-2019 03:29 PM

I downloaded the demo of solasta. Suppose to be very D&D 5e type of thing. Gonna give it a whirl.

Also I got nfl game pass so I probably play Gems of war (PC) or some other casual game while watching football.

brandonjclark 09-06-2019 03:32 PM

Go Pack! Yes, we finally have a defense!

Also, my son was featured in the local paper for his game tonight as the player to watch.

Can't wait for his game tonight!

brandonjclark 09-06-2019 08:34 PM

Lost 62-21.

UGH

vallor 09-06-2019 11:11 PM

The Division 2 and Space Run: Galaxy.

HillTribe 09-07-2019 08:47 AM

Been playing the hell out of Apex Legends this past week, and that will most likely not change this weekend.

Terran 09-07-2019 08:58 AM

Path of Tower Defense is on the agenda, but I'm avoiding the new league like the plague. Don't mix my damned aRPG with tower defense, Tencent!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2543734)
My son was featured in the local paper for his game tonight as the player to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2543738)
Lost 62-21.

UGH

Apparently the other team reads the paper. :D

brandonjclark 09-07-2019 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2543750)
Path of Tower Defense is on the agenda, but I'm avoiding the new league like the plague. Don't mix my damned aRPG with tower defense, Tencent!

Apparently the other team reads the paper. :D

The other team was ranked 2nd in the entire State of Wisconsin.

Our boys played them tough.

Here's my boy looking badass.

https://i.imgur.com/TufjNEX.jpg

Terran 09-07-2019 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2543755)
The other team was ranked 2nd in the entire State of Wisconsin.

So 50th or so in Texas? ;)

Serious question: You don't have a problem with football for kids with all we know about impact trauma on the brain from the sport? I no longer support it myself for anyone under legal age to make the decision to damage their brain with concussive car-crash forces. In fact, I'd ban it all through K-12 myself. Pros can do what they want as free adults, colleges should dump the sport because it's a freaking religion and a misplaced focus from academics.

SpectralThundr 09-07-2019 09:02 PM

Playing the wait for the ok to be transferred with the wife back home from Toronto mount Sinai hospital since Canadas healthcare system is a fucking joke.

Evil Avatar 09-07-2019 09:50 PM

I started playing Gears of War 5. It's a total chore to play it. Nothing original or innovative. The level designs are boring and the textures are washed out looking and muddy. I've been playing with the video settings and even with ultra textures installed and everything set to High, the game still just looks like ass. It looks like some old Xbox 360 game. It's like they did nothing to improve the technology at all.

The gamplay is the same. Shoot from cover. Lancer chainsaw. *Yawn*

I loved this series, it's such a shame to see it dragged down by bad character art and pointless identity politics.

This and Halo should be the crowning titles in the Xbox lineup and it's another forgettable bore. I honestly just want to stop playing and go back to Days Gone or Spider-Man. Both of which have better gameplay and better art. If I want to just shoot the same enemies from cover over and over, I could be playing The Division 2 or if I wanted decent shooting, I could check out whatever the heck they are doing in Destiny 2.

So disappointing. I was such a massive Gears of War fan and the Coalition just doesn't have the talent for this franchise. It needs to be handed off to Bungie or one of the Call of Duty studios or something.

Hecubus 09-07-2019 10:02 PM

I've been playing Astral Chain over the past several days. I think the reviews are unwarrantedly kind. It's middlin' to good with far too many annoying bits. It's worth finishing.

That's my review.

Inkabodcrane 09-08-2019 04:53 AM

Playing Gears 5.

I started the first few hours on Xbox One X. Then once it finished downloading moved to PC. The beginning of the game is pretty typical, but after a few hours it reminds me more of the Mad Max game. You have missions to attack, but there are other places to explore with your vehicle. Also on PC in 4K I ain't joking it is definitely a modern game that is a looker.

Also playing Control. This game is awesome I just wish they released it a month earler so it was all I could play.

Beat Blair Witch in about 6 hours. That game is the SHIT. I felt like I was in a Blair Witch movie. The only negatives were getting lost in the dark forest a bit and occasional framerate issues. But it is a really cool game.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-08-2019 09:33 AM

I have Gears 5 installed on both the PC and XBone. I have yet to play any of it.
Evil, (and anyone eles) we should try hoard together sometime.

Evil Avatar 09-09-2019 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2543776)
I have Gears 5 installed on both the PC and XBone. I have yet to play any of it.
Evil, (and anyone eles) we should try hoard together sometime.

Good deal, I mostly love Horde, though due to their stats being down, I played like 48 levels of it yesterday and didn't get a single XP or reward. It's obvious my PC can't keep up with the textures in the single player portion (seems fine in Horde though). A shame, I wanted to see the game even if it isn't that great so far. I'm not upgrading my PC at this point, not with the PS5 coming out in a few months.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-09-2019 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2543806)
Good deal, I mostly love Horde, though due to their stats being down, I played like 48 levels of it yesterday and didn't get a single XP or reward. It's obvious my PC can't keep up with the textures in the single player portion (seems fine in Horde though). A shame, I wanted to see the game even if it isn't that great so far. I'm not upgrading my PC at this point, not with the PS5 coming out in a few months.

My PC is getting long in the tooth too. No Max settings for me. I got the game for Horde.