Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262611)

BeardedSonOfNel 09-08-2019 06:02 AM

It's Sunday: What NFL Games Are You Watching?

It's the start of a new season. I caught some of the Bears/Pack game, but my focus is on the Vikings.

What game(s) will you be watching?

PatrickRes9 09-08-2019 06:31 AM

Watching my Broncos beat the Faiders tomorrow. That Antonio Brown saga was hilarious. Too bad the Faids gave him the boot though. Because he signed with the Pats, which means I have to endure another Pats super bowl..... *sigh*

Today, I'll probably keep an eye on what the Chiefs and Chargers do. Maybe watch the Pats beat down the Steelers at home. Maybe see if Eli Manning gets pulled week 1 when they fall fast to the Cowboys. Maybe see how Leviosa the Harry Potter spell Bell fairs as a Jet. I'm not expecting much. He should have stayed a Steeler.

Baltimore is going to destroy Miami. TB vs SF could be fun to watch.

Or maybe I'll just nap, run errands, and play Madden: The animation driven non simulator piece of crap football game instead.

brandonjclark 09-08-2019 08:48 AM

Yup, going to focus on the Vikings today as that's the Packers next opponent.

Chimpbot 09-08-2019 09:06 AM

I'll be watching the Cowboys hopefully beat the Giants in what appears to be the nearly annual tradition of making New York start each season 0-1. I'll also be catching the Pats as they being their inevitable Super Bowl run.

We'll see how the season goes, I suppose.

Terran 09-08-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2543766)
It's the start of a new season.

https://i.imgur.com/NOqILyT.gif?1

blackzc 09-08-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2543777)

Bulimia, the gif. lulz, what a tard.

brandonjclark 09-08-2019 11:17 AM

Vikings are looking good. Damn!

PacerDawn 09-08-2019 02:22 PM

As a Dolphin fan, I am rooting for a winless season. And the first game has my hopes up!

Inkabodcrane 09-08-2019 02:51 PM

Watching the Seahawks seal with a surprisingly decent Bengals team. Go Hawks.

BeardedSonOfNel 09-08-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2543785)
Vikings are looking good. Damn!

Yes, that was one heck of a way to start the season!

EL CABONG 09-08-2019 04:57 PM

OMG what a crazy Bills game. The Bills came back from 16 nil to win. Josh Allen turned the ball over 4 times in the 1st half and the Jets only had 6 points from a Pick 6.
The Bills D is elite. The Jets have Bell and little else. Go Bills.

Chimpbot 09-08-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerDawn (Post 2543789)
As a Dolphin fan, I am rooting for a winless season. And the first game has my hopes up!

Apparently half the team wants to be traded...and after letting Baltimore put up some Madden numbers, I don't blame 'em.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Cowboys thrash the Giants, though. Hell of a game.

brandonjclark 09-08-2019 08:07 PM

Anyone else watching the Patriot game? The TV showed the Steelers OLine coach and he just looked dumbfounded. He had the dumbest look on his face.

I actually laughed out loud when they showed him.

GinRummy 09-08-2019 09:27 PM

The Dolphins apparently have 23 new guys under the age of 17 on their team this year. Lost game one 59 to 10. Would have been 66 if the Ravens hadn't take a pity knee at the 2 yard line late in the game. Predicting only 1 or 2 wins this year. Maybe all the new kids will be adults next year.

actusoul 09-09-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2543768)
Watching my Broncos beat the Faiders tomorrow. That Antonio Brown saga was hilarious. Too bad the Faids gave him the boot though. Because he signed with the Pats, which means I have to endure another Pats super bowl..... *sigh*

Today, I'll probably keep an eye on what the Chiefs and Chargers do. Maybe watch the Pats beat down the Steelers at home. Maybe see if Eli Manning gets pulled week 1 when they fall fast to the Cowboys. Maybe see how Leviosa the Harry Potter spell Bell fairs as a Jet. I'm not expecting much. He should have stayed a Steeler.

Baltimore is going to destroy Miami. TB vs SF could be fun to watch.

Or maybe I'll just nap, run errands, and play Madden: The animation driven non simulator piece of crap football game instead.

Watching the Raiders beat the Broncos tonight. AB is a moron with talent and I agree... The Pats may be unbeatable if he plays. Who will beat them with Brady/AB?

NACIONAL 09-09-2019 12:47 PM

I am a pats fan and I hated the signing..

I think it is going to me too much of a distraction. I really want Bill Belichick to dump his ass if he starts clowning again (I am pretty sure he will start clowining in no time).

actusoul 09-09-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NACIONAL (Post 2543829)
I am a pats fan and I hated the signing..

I think it is going to me too much of a distraction. I really want Bill Belichick to dump his ass if he starts clowning again (I am pretty sure he will start clowining in no time).

Belichick and Gruden are not fools. Gruden tried everything and it was a gamble that was feast or famine. Too bad for us it was famine. I am sure Belichick will have contract stipulations that will favor the Patriots if he goes nuts. There is a good chance he will. Just like Gruden, Belichick will not put up with his BS, especially if it affects the team dynamic. The pats are too good anyway to put up with the BS. The Raiders took a chance because they are trying to comeback and AB on a field with Carr would have been great to watch.

Terran 09-09-2019 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actusoul (Post 2543836)
Belichick and Gruden are not fools.

One of those two actually is a fool and was one of the WORST friggin' NFL game analysts/announcers I have ever had the displeasure to listen to, with insights I could have cribbed from a bowl of Campbell's soup dumped out on my counter top.. The other one has more Super Bowl wins than fingers on one hand and is a genius at identifying talent and winning games.

Oh, and in case it isn't clear, Gruden's single Super Bowl win came courtesy of a team TONY DUNGY built and handed off to him ready to win.

actusoul 09-09-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2543844)
One of those two actually is a fool and was one of the WORST friggin' NFL game analysts/announcers I have ever had the displeasure to listen to, with insights I could have cribbed from a bowl of Campbell's soup dumped out on my counter top.. The other one has more Super Bowl wins than fingers on one hand and is a genius at identifying talent and winning games.

Oh, and in case it isn't clear, Gruden's single Super Bowl win came courtesy of a team TONY DUNGY built and handed off to him ready to win.

Terran, its your opinion but Gruden's accomplishments and coaching speak for themselves. Gruden and staff made a move with AB that would have helped the team if he played. He didn't and he cut him loose as soon as possible. He didn't lose the 30M. Smart move. You may not like Gruden but he is no fool.

We all know that you can hand someone the best scenario and they can screw it up. Gruden took what he had in Tampa and won the Superbowl. Well deserved and it was not a cakewalk and the team was not on autopilot during that season.

Terran 09-09-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by actusoul (Post 2543846)
Gruden and staff made a move with AB that would have helped the team if he played. He didn't and he cut him loose as soon as possible. He didn't lose the 30M.

He is part of an organization that signed a talented lunatic who brought them nothing but chaos and who crashed out before ever playing a game.

Abject failure on their part.

As for the $30 million in guarantees, we shall see if AB takes them to an arbitrator and sucks them dry on that. I don't believe he deserves it, and you clearly don't think he'll get it, but all you need is one moron in the room, the arbitrator, to disagree and BOOM, he gets millions for never playing a down. lolololololol. :D

And the Super Bowl? A team built by Dungy.

And his announcing on ESPN? OMG, what a shit show. He was a terrible joke. I'll take Romo without a ring but with actual insight over Gruden with a ring and without a thought I couldn't have thought up myself as a never-played-football sometime-fan. :D