Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Two Disney Classics Coming This Fall (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262415)

BeardedSonOfNel 08-28-2019 06:19 AM

Two Disney Classics Coming This Fall

The 16-Bit Disney classics The Lion King and Aladdin are getting a remaster, allegedly due this October. The collection is said to feature both the Sega Genesis and SNES versions of each game! (We all know the Sega versions are the best)

Chief Smash 08-28-2019 09:32 AM

Although I had easy access to a Genesis, I was an SNES owner and fanboy. It's still my favorite game system. However, that Genesis version of Aladdin made me jealous. It always baffled me that they developed two very different versions and put the superior one on what I knew the be worse system. :D

By the way, am I the only one who prefers a sort of upscaled as opposed to a remastered version of these 16 bit games? To me, remasters make more sense with early 3D games like N64 and PS1. But the pixel based games still hold up in my view.

Sensei-X 08-28-2019 11:20 AM

Well we are getting the Genesis version of Aladdin at least, but it looks like they're doing that boxed gameplay surrounded by static artwork crap which I despise. Oh well, and the $30 price seems a bit much.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...s4-xbox-one-pc

MadMurdock_0311 08-28-2019 01:21 PM

Aladdin was fun. The Lion King, though? Fuck that piece of shit!

Evil Avatar 08-28-2019 05:37 PM

Evil Avatar 08-28-2019 05:39 PM

Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King Officially Announced

Quote:

Two of the beloved Disney games make their long-awaited return to modern consoles in Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King. This unforgettable package of Disney classics is filled with many new features, enhancements, game modes, display options, and multiple versions of the games.

Key Features

Play different versions of the beloved Aladdin and The Lion King games.

Relive Aladdin's classic adventure as you travel through Agrabah, the Cave of Wonders to defeat Jafar and rescue Jasmine.

Try the new version of Aladdin with difficulty adjustments, camera refinements, bug fixes, and some additional surprises for fans.

The Lion King brings to life the majesty and mystery of Africa through the tale of Simba, a lion cub faced with the challenging transition to maturity.

Enjoy the updated visual effects that include 1080p graphics and enhancements for HDTV.

You can instantly rewind any of the games in real time in order to retry difficult areas.

Quickly save your progress in each of the games, and continue your adventure wherever and whenever you want.

Listen to the entire soundtracks for both games with the ability to repeat and shuffle the songs.

BeardedSonOfNel 08-28-2019 07:29 PM

Looks solid to me.

saulob 08-28-2019 08:02 PM

Where's the SNES version?

Sensei-X 08-28-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saulob (Post 2543279)
Where's the SNES version?

Guessing it's missing because of licensing issues/costs since the SNES version was made by Capcom while all the other games seem to be from Virgin Interactive.

NESter the Unlikely 08-29-2019 03:44 AM

Quote:

You can instantly cheat rewind
Of course you can.

Expecting some overgrown toddler AKA millennial to handle a game I completed when I was like 9, without first administering the Tonya Harding treatment to said game's kneecaps? Inconceivable.

Chimpbot 08-29-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NESter the Unlikely (Post 2543293)
Of course you can.

Expecting some overgrown toddler AKA millennial to handle a game I completed when I was like 9, without first administering the Tonya Harding treatment to said game's kneecaps? Inconceivable.

Uh...Millennials were the ones playing these games when they were new. If you were 9 when this game was new, that would make you a Millennial, as well.

The generally-accepted window for Gen Y/Millennials is 1980-2000 (give or take a year or two in either direction).