Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Nicolas Cage to Star in SpectreVision’s The Color Out of Space (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258322)

Evil Avatar 01-23-2019 08:04 PM

Nicolas Cage to Star in SpectreVision’s The Color Out of Space

Quote:

Bloody Disguisting reports that Academy Award winning actor Nicolas Cage (Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation) has been tapped to star in SpectreVision’s upcoming film adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s The Color Out of Space, which will be directed and written by Richard Stanley (Hardware, The Island of Dr. Moreau).The film’s production is scheduled to start on February in Portugal.

“Lovecraft is the dark father of modern horror, and we have been searching for an adaptation that captures the true scope of his cosmic dread for years,” SpectreVision’s Daniel Noah said in a statement. “Richard Stanley – a wizard in his own right – will at long last bring Lovecraft’s humbling power to the screen unfiltered.”

The Color Out of Space is described as a story of cosmic terror about The Gardners, a family who moves to a remote farmstead in rural New England to escape the hustle of the 21st century. They are busy adapting to their new life when a meteorite crashes into their front yard. The mysterious aerolite seems to melt into the earth, infecting both the land and the properties of space-time with a strange, otherworldly color. To their horror, the Gardner family discover that this alien force is gradually mutating every life form that it touches … including them.

Joely Richardson (Red Sparrow), Tommy Chong (After Hours), Elliot Knight (Titans), Julian Hilliard (The Haunting of Hill House) and Q’Orianka Kilcher (The Alienist) have also joined the cast.
Bloody Disguisting.

Hardware is one of my favorite films, I can't wait to see what Richard Stanley can do with a Lovecraft and Nick Cage team up.

karaliusbronius 01-23-2019 08:19 PM

Please Mr Cage, don't let me down. I'm a huge fan but most of your films are disappointing. I loved "Mandy" so I have high hopes for this. If anyone can pull this film off, its you.

Azzy 01-23-2019 08:50 PM

sweet. i'll take it all.

vallor 01-23-2019 08:52 PM

Cages best recent performance is his image on the Left Behind Poster.

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/u...ind-poster.jpg

That right there is the look of a guy who is saying "Damn, next time I get drunk I am not making any more bets."

It is so hard to believe the guy from Leaving Las Vegas and Face Off is the same guy from that poster and

Quote:

"THE BEEESSSS THE BEEEEESS!"

ElektroDragon 01-23-2019 11:12 PM

Holy crap, a Lovecraft movie by the guy who did Hardware? It has to kick ass. Too bad its Cage though, he has not been good since Con Air. The lead from Hardware would have been just fine.

AlfredT 01-24-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2529108)
Holy crap, a Lovecraft movie by the guy who did Hardware? It has to kick ass. Too bad its Cage though, he has not been good since Con Air. The lead from Hardware would have been just fine.

I dunno, his err.. unique talent at portraying someone going batshit loco could be useful in this genre.

SpectralThundr 01-24-2019 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlfredT (Post 2529116)
I dunno, his err.. unique talent at portraying someone going batshit loco could be useful in this genre.

In the case of Cage I'm not sure it's acting at this point.

Chief Smash 01-24-2019 04:59 AM

For some reason, I still like the guy. I don't think he's really gone downhill so much as Hollywood has passed him by. Do we ever get movies like Faceoff and Con Air anymore? And if so, do they ever make money? Sure "Not the beees!" thing was bad but the writer bears some of that blame too.

wunshot 01-24-2019 05:36 AM

What a trip. I consider myself a movie aficionado yet somehow I've never heard of Hardware before. Going to check it out today.

Evil Avatar 01-24-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wunshot (Post 2529130)
What a trip. I consider myself a movie aficionado yet somehow I've never heard of Hardware before. Going to check it out today.

https://i.imgur.com/FQPEnkt.png

Evil Avatar 01-24-2019 07:59 AM

And what is up with those red sunglasses and where do I get a pair???

DingBat 01-24-2019 03:24 PM

I'm willing to risk a lot of disappointment for the chance at a halfway decent Lovecraft movie. Sign me up.

blackzc 01-24-2019 05:33 PM

We all love Cage.

Fuck movies, herp derp. Formulaic. Its whatever.

Cage should just live stream him becoming morman and bedding 5 different women at this point. Id be down, id fall asleep to that shit,

Meeks 01-24-2019 10:42 PM

I'd be all-in if not for the Cage involvement. Props to him for making a career out of whatever the fuck people see in him. For me, he's been downright painful in everything I've ever seen.