Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spider-Man Gets Fantastic New Suits Today! (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258391)

Evil Avatar 01-28-2019 08:11 AM

Spider-Man Gets Fantastic New Suits Today!

Quote:

There have been too many cool Spidey/Fantastic Four moments to count, but one of the most memorable in their illustrious history was in Amazing Spider-Man #258, when Spidey swung by the Fantastic Four’s headquarters for help with the alien symbiote he was wearing as a costume (that’s right, it later became Venom). The Fantastic Four got it off, but then Spidey was left in his underpants (we’d never do something that silly in the game…wait, I’m being told we did). So Spidey borrowed a Fantastic Four costume…but they don’t have masks! So, to conceal Peter Parker’s secret identity, his frenemy, the Human Torch, gave Spidey a grocery bag to wear on his head. As The Thing might say, what a revoltin’ development!

Another chapter in their shared story came when Spidey actually joined the Fantastic Four, then calling themselves the Future Foundation, and they all wore cool black and white costumes. Hey, Dan wrote many of those issues, and I scripted one or two myself! That suit was awesome looking because – but you don’t want to hear me yap, look for yourself!

How sweet is that? The Bombastic Bag-Man and the Future Foundation suit – and they can be yours to use in the game simply by downloading patch 1.14 for the game by connecting online to the PlayStation Network. But what’s that you say, web-heads? You want to see how they actually look in-game? Well I have some good news for you!
PlayStation Blog.

Evil Avatar 01-28-2019 08:12 AM

vallor 01-28-2019 09:37 AM

Future Foundation is cool. Bag-Man was a low point for poor Spidey.

karaliusbronius 01-28-2019 02:43 PM

So you don't have to earn them? Thats okay. I'd really like it to have a night mode in the game where it's actually dark and then have a suit that is illuminated.

ElektroDragon 01-28-2019 02:44 PM

Would not call a paper bag over the head a fantastic suit. :rolleyes:

ElektroDragon 01-28-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2529396)
So you don't have to earn them? Thats okay. I'd really like it to have a night mode in the game where it's actually dark and then have a suit that is illuminated.

Get an HDR TV?

Evil Avatar 01-29-2019 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2529397)
Would not call a paper bag over the head a fantastic suit. :rolleyes:

They are “Fantastic” as in themed after the Fantastic Four. Irony can be pretty ironic, I guess. :eek:

Chimpbot 01-29-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaliusbronius (Post 2529396)

Once you complete the main story, you can change the time of day at any of Harry's stations scattered throughout the city. It can be night 100% of the time, if you'd like.

karaliusbronius 01-29-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2529459)
Once you complete the main story, you can change the time of day at any of Harry's stations scattered throughout the city. It can be night 100% of the time, if you'd like.

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

blackzc 01-30-2019 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElektroDragon (Post 2529398)
Get an HDR TV?

HDR is a freaking mess. I gave up fooling with my SONY. When all the stars align it is dam near OLED like, but there is just too much tinkering.