Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Fired Journalists Blame #GamerGate For ‘Learn To Code’ Twitter Meme (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258522)

BeardedSonOfNel 02-02-2019 07:31 AM

Fired Journalists Blame #GamerGate For ‘Learn To Code’ Twitter Meme

Via One Angry Gamer
Quote:

Talia Lavin – the same Talia Lavin that resigned from The New Yorker for falsely accusing an ex-marine of being a Nazi, and also one of the writers who was recently axed from the Huffington Post – wrote a lengthy piece that was published on The New Republic on February 1st, 2019, titled “The Fetid, Right-Wing Origins of ‘Learn to Code’”.

AlfredT 02-02-2019 07:55 AM

The twitter feed is comedy (tragedy documented).

But seriously, she went straight to Patreon.

Terran 02-02-2019 07:57 AM

LOL. :D

Quote:

#GamerGate was always about exposing agenda-driven activists pretending to be journalists as they unethically pushed their sociopolitical agitprop through various mainstream media platforms. Telling journalists to “learn to code” is just mocking the same journalists who devalued the medium through their own mendacious antics.
It's also delicious schadenfreude related to progressive mocking of poor blue collar whites losing their jobs in industries destroyed by progressives and their policies and being told to 'learn to code.' What comes around goes around, malicious assholes! :rolleyes:

Poor progressive journalist outs herself: "“I’ve chosen to write and speak about it not to celebrate my own victimhood..."

There it is. 'I'm a victim. Woe unto me, target of hateful racists not willing to buy my bullshit ideological lies and bias as objective news.' Well, you shouldn't expect conservatives to pay you to lie about them. If not enough of your own tribe is willing to bend over to support you financially, that's on them. I'm not buying the shitty shit you're shitting out and trying to sell.

https://i.imgur.com/WLKL9iU.jpg?1

Mad Max RW 02-02-2019 08:28 AM

These same dummies created the "learn to code" bandwagon when factory workers were being laid off by the thousands during Obama's presidency. Obama himself even got involved and put his own PSA out telling people to learn coding. Taking their own advice is considered racist and sexist somehow. Fake journalists are above it all.

SpectralThundr 02-02-2019 08:39 AM

What isn't racist to the left? No wonder they've killed the term. "Learn to code" Hurr durr racist! Rightttt.

brandonjclark 02-02-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max RW (Post 2529820)
These same dummies created the "learn to code" bandwagon when factory workers were being laid off by the thousands during Obama's presidency. Obama himself even got involved and put his own PSA out telling people to learn coding. Taking their own advice is considered racist and sexist somehow. Fake journalists are above it all.

This!

Its like they think we don't have memories.

Evil Avatar 02-02-2019 09:30 AM

I got my new twitter account blocked by posting that Learn to Code meme in her twitter feed. It only had 35 followers, so I was about to start over again anyway.

Mozgus 02-02-2019 10:51 AM

I'd love to join in but I deleted my Twitter completely. Got tired of getting suspensions for mundane comments like "I cant believe I'm agreeing with Kanye". Every time I would appeal and a week later they'd admit I did nothing wrong, but still, not worth it.

Good to see that boogeyman ol' Mr Gamergate is back again. They'll catch him one of these days.

DingBat 02-02-2019 12:19 PM

I read the article. This seems like Gamergate extended. But I still don’t really get how “learn to code” got linked to all of this. Or even what the thinking is re why this is racist in any way. The whole sordid story seems very confused. Just me?

SpectralThundr 02-02-2019 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingBat (Post 2529846)
I read the article. This seems like Gamergate extended. But I still don’t really get how “learn to code” got linked to all of this. Or even what the thinking is re why this is racist in any way. The whole sordid story seems very confused. Just me?

You're a lefty you're supposed to be perpetually outraged by this shit, how will these gender studies "journalist" get the left's message out if they keep getting fired? C'mon dingbat get outraged at how everyone right of center is automatically racist, homophobic, islamiphobic. :rolleyes:

brandonjclark 02-02-2019 02:15 PM

Terran 02-02-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectralThundr (Post 2529849)
You're a lefty

He's not "confused" nor is the story confusing at all, unless he's a fucking moron.

It's a simple case of the left reveling in the destruction of blue collar folks and condescendingly telling them to "learn to code" as their lives collapsed around them. Fast forward a few years to today, and now that a number of progressives in the field of 'journalism' (as if what they do could be classified as anything but propaganda :rolleyes:) have lost their jobs, the left is pissed to have the same advice tossed back at them. Thus they're trying to deligitimize the mockery by declaring it an evil group of racists affiliated with GamerGate when it's simply the Internet enjoying their well-deserved schadenfreude at progressives' expense.

tl;dr version, they're bitter, out of work shrews who are lying and casting about for someone to blame for their misery. :D

SpectralThundr 02-02-2019 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2529851)
He's not "confused" nor is the story confusing at all, unless he's a fucking moron.

It's a simple case of the left reveling in the destruction of blue collar folks and condescendingly telling them to "learn to code" as their lives collapsed around them. Fast forward a few years to today, and now that a number of progressives in the field of 'journalism' (as if what they do could be classified as anything but propaganda :rolleyes:) have lost their jobs, the left is pissed to have the same advice tossed back at them. Thus they're trying to deligitimize the mockery by declaring it an evil group of racists affiliated with GamerGate when it's simply the Internet enjoying their well-deserved schadenfreude at progressives' expense.

tl;dr version, they're bitter, out of work shrews who are lying and casting about for someone to blame for their misery. :D

No doubt, that they need to be informed of the comments their messiah made that started the entire thing just goes to show how uninformed those on the left are to begin with, yet they try and act like they're in the right and that everyone who disagrees with them is racist out of hand. Never mind that if the ideologues weren't trying to push progressive bullshit and gender warfare in gaming in the first place, groups like gamersgate wouldn't exist to begin with. Sites like Eurogamer, Kotaku etc are a cancer on the hobby.

DingBat 02-02-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2529851)

Well, I might be a fucking moron, I don't know. But I did miss the whole "learn to code" thing. Wasn't paying attention, I guess. Thanks for explaining it.

thatlukeguy 02-02-2019 03:56 PM

I only use twitter when there is a game deal sometimes and they want you to "Like us on twitter to get this deal". Usually some contest or something. It's the only value (if you call it that) I can get out of it.

MusicToEat 02-02-2019 05:42 PM

Someone needs to rerecord Tool's Aenema. Most of it doesn't even need to change.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard
And fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to code. [repeat]

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies
And fuck your short memory.

Learn to code. [repeat]

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional
Insecure actresses.

Learn to code. [repeat]

blackzc 02-02-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicToEat (Post 2529861)
Someone needs to rerecord Tool's Aenema. Most of it doesn't even need to change.

Fuck L Ron Hubbard
And fuck all his clones.
Fuck all these gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to code. [repeat]

Fuck retro anything.
Fuck your tattoos.
Fuck all you junkies
And fuck your short memory.

Learn to code. [repeat]

Fuck smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
Fuck these dysfunctional
Insecure actresses.

Learn to code. [repeat]

Timeless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2529828)
I got my new twitter account blocked by posting that Learn to Code meme in her twitter feed. It only had 35 followers, so I was about to start over again anyway.

Unreal. As if anyone needed proof Twitter is killing anything but very left wing views. Their curating will end up biting them in the ass once the lawsuits and federal inquiries start. I do think they are coming, facebook to.

I cant make a new Twitter account at the house until i request a new IP. They get locked for suspicious activity as soon as i make a new one.

And i fucking love how they are trying pathologize an internet meme and right wing thinking. Right wing origins.... As if at least half the goddam country isn't right wing. How fucking stupid are these people?

I really do think there may be some truth to the theories floating around out there that the Obama admin and bigger D's backdoor funded alot of these far left websites, and now the money is drying up.

I love this. And i want more.

Evil Avatar 02-02-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackzc (Post 2529862)
I really do think there may be some truth to the theories floating around out there that the Obama admin and bigger D's backdoor funded alot of these far left websites, and now the money is drying up.

I love this. And i want more.

Conspiracy theory or not, it is true that liberalism isn't paying. CNN's ratings are in the toilet. The further to the left they push their coverage the lower their ratings go. Fox News continues to be the highest rated cable news network. Fox isn't hurting for ratings or laying off staff, but Huffington Post is, Vice is, the New York Times is dying... they literally closed down three floors of their building in order to rent the space out to other companies. If that's not an indication that you are doing something wrong, I don't know what is.

News shouldn't be left-leaning or right-leaning. News should just be news. Just tell what is going on and keep your opinion to yourself. The problem is we won't watch that kind of news any more and so these big media companies have staked out positions and back them up even as it drives them out of business.

DC Comics just let go like three of their big executives. The only time Marvel has a comic in the Top 10 is when it is a #1.

The public doesn't respond to far left or far right positions.

Terran 02-02-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2529875)
The public doesn't respond to far left or far right positions.

Except that there's far less 'far right' than 'far left' because the Democrat Party has moved so far left while Republicans have essentially remained where they have been for decades. That's why the liberal media is suffering, because THEY are the extreme ones. Liberal news is 90%+ negative toward Trump. Fox news is actually balanced in terms of negative and positive stories on Trump. The Dems and their mouthpieces have moved way, way, waaaay left.

https://i.imgur.com/MYkz9Hp.jpg

brandonjclark 02-02-2019 09:05 PM

Underreported news: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1231161/pg1