Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Weekend Gamer: What are you playing? (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265698)

Jetherik 03-05-2020 11:07 PM

Weekend Gamer: What are you playing?

A good weekend to stay inside and play games. What are you playing?

Azrael 03-06-2020 02:41 AM

HOTS with friends
May finally start the fractured but whole which has been high on my to play list for a while

BalekFekete 03-06-2020 05:05 AM

Still grinding Modern Warfare in advance of the (hopeful) drop of Warzone next week.

Booda 03-06-2020 06:39 AM

Div2: WONY

This game is in great shape with the release of the new content.

HB_IKE 03-06-2020 09:06 AM

Divinity Origin Sin 2.
Now that is a hard game ... every fight is insane

Evil Avatar 03-06-2020 12:26 PM

I went back to Black Flag for a few afternoons. I got like 4 more trophies.

Booda 03-06-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2554789)

Love that game. I need to revisit it sometime soon.

The only non-multiplayer trophy I'm missing in Black Flag is 'By The Book'.

brandonjclark 03-06-2020 01:45 PM

Steam has Nioh complete Edition for $15 right now. Going to play that and hope I'll finally like a "Souls-Style" game.

rulyblue 03-06-2020 04:06 PM

I might finish Y's 8: Lacrimosa of Dana
It is a cute action RPG

If I do I'll grab Bravely Default for the 3DC to get ready for the Switch sequel.

HillTribe 03-06-2020 05:56 PM

Been getting back into Heroes of the storm these past few weekends. Throw in a little Kerbal Space Program here and there and that should be my weekend.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-06-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2554789)

I did that a couple of weeks ago. :)

ascl 03-07-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2554794)
Steam has Nioh complete Edition for $15 right now. Going to play that and hope I'll finally like a "Souls-Style" game.

Not sure I'd want to play it on PC, but as long as you use a controller it should be okay. It was the souls-style game I got furtherest in, although that first boss is still a bitch. Still, you can run around and level up, and it feels a little easier to make some progress... and definitely try and stick it through that first boss.

BeardedSonOfNel 03-08-2020 03:07 PM

I just got done playing through the first Streets of Rage. I don't know if I'm going to play Road Rash next, or try and complete Streets of Rage 2.

Evil Avatar 03-08-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeardedSonOfNel (Post 2554803)
I did that a couple of weeks ago. :)

It just shocks me that while Ubisoft seems to be struggling all the time with B level games like For Honor, The Division 2, Ghost Recon and Watch Dogs that they leave money on the table for the obvious AAA seller of Black Flag 2.

Chimpbot 03-09-2020 10:57 AM

I tried out the FF7 Remake demo (I liked what I saw), and put a little more time into the Phoenix Wright and Mega Man Zero/ZX collections. I also hosted my bi-weekly Star Wars RPG night on Saturday, and caught Joel's very last live MST3K performance. Coming back from the intermission was bittersweet, and seeing them exit the "theater" for the last time was even more so.

All in all, it wasn't a bad weekend.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 05:27 AM

Since my weekend is now Sunday/Monday, I spent most of the day Monday playing a little more Black Flag (I don’t have the hang of the hook thing at all) and then I switched to Zombie Army 4.

That game is just a blast. It’s just a simple arcade shooter with some terrific enemies, though the mini-bosses can be a little tough if you don’t see them coming. I finished up two levels and played a third level until I just couldn’t shoot any more poor undead-abled Germans.

After that I spent about an hour playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. The combat is so much different from the regular games. It will take a while to get used to this one. The level system is also weird, because I’m only level 1 and I keep encountering enemies and wolves that are level 2 and they can cream you in 1 hit. Amazing art though.