Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Rock and Emily Blunt's Jungle Cruise swings into theaters on July 24th (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265743)

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 08:03 AM

The Rock and Emily Blunt's Jungle Cruise swings into theaters on July 24th

Disney’s JUNGLE CRUISE opens in U.S. theaters on July 24, 2020.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 08:03 AM

Booda 03-10-2020 08:24 AM

Wow. It sure the hell is a great time to have shitty taste in cinema. :rolleyes:

These days it seems like an "all you can eat buffet" of bullshit that they (primarily Disney) just pump down the eagerly awaiting gullets of consumers.

Make sure & brush your teeth after viewing.

Evil Avatar 03-10-2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2554922)
Wow. It sure the hell is a great time to have shitty taste in cinema. :rolleyes:

These days it seems like an "all you can eat buffet" of bullshit that they (primarily Disney) just pump down the eagerly awaiting gullets of consumers.

Disney just loves these kind of movies... about 2 days worth of filming and the rest they farm out to some CGI animation sweatshop in Canada where the artists aren't even paid overtime.

Chief Smash 03-10-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booda (Post 2554922)

I agree with everything you say but I still have a feeling that I'll be watching this movie some day and I'll probably end up having enjoyed it too.

Booda 03-10-2020 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2554925)
Disney just loves these kind of movies... about 2 days worth of filming and the rest they farm out to some CGI animation sweatshop in Canada where the artists aren't even paid overtime.

Exactly... these are not films. There is hardly any human acting or actual film sets involved. They are bloated green screen Saturday morning cartoons. Piss poor ones I might add at that.

Mozain 03-10-2020 09:18 AM

Yeah but that's Disney's MO... I mean it's no different than what they've been doing for decades. It's not like now only in this day and age, did they start making cheap, garbage movies.

Booda 03-10-2020 09:27 AM

Disney/Marvel/DC is doing nothing more than shitting out the equivalent of this...

https://i.makeagif.com/media/2-17-2016/I851ye.gif

EL CABONG 03-10-2020 01:37 PM

This looks dumb but whatever. I don't hate it.
Maybe I am just biased because I liked the ride at Disney World when I was a kid.

excalibur1814 03-10-2020 02:54 PM

It's the Rock. You pretty much know what to expect.

I'll watch anything with him.

Inkabodcrane 03-11-2020 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2554925)

I saw this in Jumanji...twice.

The Rock has become a caricature. The only thing he is in that seems like it might be different is the upcoming Black Adam film, but I still need to be sold on that. He is not Arnold, he has been soooo safe.

Terran 03-11-2020 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkabodcrane (Post 2555004)
He is not Arnold, he has been soooo safe.

Yeah, his schtick is great for a bit, but then you realize he's just a value menu McDonald's burger every time. You know what you're getting, it might be a bit filling, but damn is it boring and getting stale.

Schwarzenegger took some big risks in his day. R-rated content, pushing the envelope. Not so with DJ. He wouldn't even let the director kill the gorilla in whatever that film was.

MADxMrMike 03-11-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terran (Post 2555043)
Yeah, his schtick is great for a bit, but then you realize he's just a value menu McDonald's burger every time. You know what you're getting, it might be a bit filling, but damn is it boring and getting stale.

Schwarzenegger took some big risks in his day. R-rated content, pushing the envelope. Not so with DJ. He wouldn't even let the director kill the gorilla in whatever that film was.

hit the nail on the head. Predator! First Conan. Terminator. Man badass awesome movies. T2. Shit I still love Total Recall.

I do like the Rock. Mother fucker is charismatic as hell... but he is not Arnold.

MADxMrMike 03-11-2020 04:24 PM

hell put it this way... imagine all of Arnold's movies... but with Rock. Shit would be awesome.

Now imagine Arnold in Rock's movies......... exactly.

Evil Avatar 03-12-2020 07:58 AM

We would have gone to see this, but with the Wuhan virus starting to hit the state, we will probably start avoiding the theater for the rest of the year.

stalazon 03-13-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555099)
We would have gone to see this, but with the Wuhan virus starting to hit the state, we will probably start avoiding the theater for the rest of the year.

Wonder how many theaters will be solvent after kung flu gets done with us...

Terran 03-13-2020 08:36 PM

I think I want to see this just for Emily Blunt. She's gorgeous. So easy to look at.

Evil Avatar 03-13-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalazon (Post 2555191)
Wonder how many theaters will be solvent after kung flu gets done with us...

It is going to be a rough year for theaters, between the virus, the delays and a general lack of good releases I think this will be a record low for Hollywood.

But, then they will have good movies again next year and no virus, so I’m sure it will work out.