Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Animal Crossing: New Horizons Your Island, Your Life! Trailer (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265852)

Evil Avatar 03-16-2020 11:07 AM

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Your Island, Your Life! Trailer

Chief Smash 03-16-2020 11:24 AM

My goodness this trailer is going to give Spec a stroke.

brandonjclark 03-16-2020 12:00 PM

Maybe it's that I'm jacked up on coffee right now, but my god the PACING!

MusicToEat 03-16-2020 04:28 PM

It's the perfect game for the times. We can all pretend that we can go outside!

Chimpbot 03-16-2020 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicToEat (Post 2555325)
It's the perfect game for the times. We can all pretend that we can go outside!

We can go outside.

We just can't be anywhere near any of the filthy pig-apes.

SpectralThundr 03-17-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2555305)
My goodness this trailer is going to give Spec a stroke.

Naw, If you find it cool playing a game geared towards toddlers, all the more power to ya.

shadow763 03-17-2020 12:36 PM

Can you play old NES games?

Chief Smash 03-17-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow763 (Post 2555382)
Can you play old NES games?

I'm pretty surprised that they allowed that in the original. I guess that was before they realized that they could keep selling us the same games over and over.

shadow763 03-19-2020 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2555384)
I'm pretty surprised that they allowed that in the original. I guess that was before they realized that they could keep selling us the same games over and over.

An unfortunate realization. I haven't found a better feature in any subsequent Animal Crossing releases.

Chimpbot 03-19-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2555384)

They had been selling remakes and/or rereleases of their older games at that point, mostly on the GBA. The original Animal Crossing games were N64 titles, and the version everyone in the West became familiar with was on the Gamecube; neither one of these consoles really had online connectivity, especially in the West.

Prior to online connectivity being a common aspect with consoles, there wasn't really a convenient delivery method. The Xbox Live Arcade helped showcase the fact that people were willing to spend money on smaller games and, in many cases during the 360's early days, straight ports of old games. Nintendo saw a demand for older titles, and people were willing to pay. Unfortunately, it made good business sense to not include stuff like NES games built into future AC releases.

Evil Avatar 03-19-2020 08:42 AM

Stupid Amazon shipped our copies via UPS, so that means no Animal Crossing until like 5 PM for us. I wish there was an option when you order stuff for “No UPS”.

Chimpbot 03-19-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555537)
Stupid Amazon shipped our copies via UPS, so that means no Animal Crossing until like 5 PM for us. I wish there was an option when you order stuff for “No UPS”.

I'm surprised they're even shipping it; they've apparently put a halt on (most) nonessential shipments, to prioritize stuff like health products, food, etc.

Chief Smash 03-19-2020 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2555572)
I'm surprised they're even shipping it; they've apparently put a halt on (most) nonessential shipments, to prioritize stuff like health products, food, etc.

I saw that headline too and I think "prioritize" is the key word. There are apparently shipments going out but they may not be arriving on schedule. I believe Amazon said to defer using Prime shipping if what you're ordering is non-essential.

MusicToEat 03-19-2020 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2555572)

The story that I read was that they were delaying receiving shipments for third party sellers to prioritize essentials. Not that they were delaying shipping anything out.

I was going to pick my copy up at Best Buy tomorrow, but the damn Governor closed all "Non-Life-Sustaining" businesses starting tonight at 8. Bastard.

Chief Smash 03-20-2020 06:05 AM

The kids had Amazon credit and they used it to buy a digital code for the game. Now it's sitting there loaded up but they have "distance learning" school today. It's killing them to know that the new game they want is only a few feet away just begging to be played.

PatrickRes9 03-20-2020 10:58 AM

Can confirm that Animal Crossing is stellar thus far.

Chief Smash 03-20-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickRes9 (Post 2555640)
Can confirm that Animal Crossing is stellar thus far.

My kids are having a blast with it. I signed in during lunch hour and did the tutorial too. It seems like same old AC at its core but I have to admit that it was fun. I don't see myself dumping hundreds of hours into it but I'll definitely check in on the island here and there to see what the kids are up to and maybe mess with them a bit. ;)

Evil Avatar 03-20-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2555643)
My kids are having a blast with it. I signed in during lunch hour and did the tutorial too. It seems like same old AC at its core but I have to admit that it was fun. I don't see myself dumping hundreds of hours into it but I'll definitely check in on the island here and there to see what the kids are up to and maybe mess with them a bit. ;)

What is the TTP on that new shovel?

Quote:

“Time To Penis (TTP)” potential or how long before someone uses the new tool to create a phallus.

Chief Smash 03-20-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555655)
What is the TTP on that new shovel?

I guess I’m kind of glad that I really don’t know how to respond.

vallor 03-20-2020 05:38 PM

The people at work are trying to indoctrinate me into the Animal Crossing Cult.

Over lunch on Slack all I see are "Does anyone have apples, I can trade peaches" and shit.

MAKES ME SICK!