Evil Avatar

Evil Avatar (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Items (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy St. Patrick's Day! (http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265886)

Evil Avatar 03-17-2020 01:31 PM

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone! As someone who comes from the Irish Hills, this is always a special day for me. What will you be playing on your Wuhan Flu inspired vacation this St. Patrick's Day?

I jumped back into Destiny 2. I haven't touched it in forever, so I'm having fun trying to figure out where I left off.

brandonjclark 03-17-2020 01:40 PM

I gave Dark Souls 3 another try, and.... now I'm loving it.

WTF, was I just not understanding how to play it this long?

Evil Avatar 03-17-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonjclark (Post 2555396)
I gave Dark Souls 3 another try, and.... now I'm loving it.

WTF, was I just not understanding how to play it this long?

What were you not understanding? I like these games, but they always were a bit on the repetitive side for me.

Chimpbot 03-17-2020 05:23 PM

I'm watching the Dropkick Murphys livestreaming their St. Paddy's Day concert from a (mostly) undisclosed location. They're playing for 60,000+ streamers...but things are kinda weird, because their live audience is their five employees.

brandonjclark 03-17-2020 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Avatar (Post 2555397)
What were you not understanding? I like these games, but they always were a bit on the repetitive side for me.

I think I was trying to hard, seriously. I had trouble "getting it", as embarrassing as that is for lifelong gamer.

Technically, I think I was looking to react far too quickly to attacks and parry's, instead of going with the speed of the game. Now that I understand it, I find that the game is actually MUCH slower than I was originally observing it to be. At first, I was dumbfounded how easily I was dying and unable to counter attacks or move.

But once I slowed it down, it all made sense. You can literally walk around the enemies at times. Lol.

I also have the bad habit of NEVER watching strategy videos or "help" videos. It's a (stupid) pride thing that I believe will make me more proud of my efforts once I figure games out.

It's also the prime reason that after 2700+ hours in RocketLeague I'm still shit.

walstib 03-18-2020 05:13 AM

in meat-space, we have been playing board games:

Dixit, Quiddler, 7 Wonders. Tonight is likely Carcassone, Bang!, and San Juan.

Otherwise in the virtual world it has been Mario Party (Switch), and some occasional Greed Fall and The Outerworlds on PC. Some Witcher3 (you read that right. second time through, doing anything i didnít do before. still the best game ever made)

Chief Smash 03-18-2020 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpbot (Post 2555410)
I'm watching the Dropkick Murphys livestreaming their St. Paddy's Day concert from a (mostly) undisclosed location. They're playing for 60,000+ streamers...but things are kinda weird, because their live audience is their five employees.

My wife and I were watching the same show. By the time we signed in, there were over 100k watching. It was a much needed break from the daily news cycle. I also broke my 2 month carb fast and enjoyed a fine Irish libation with her in honor of the day.

Evil Avatar 03-18-2020 06:46 AM

I played some Destiny 2 and then went back to Zombie Army 4. It’s kinda comforting to just snipe Nazi Zombie’s for a few hours. Good level design and art too. Love the zombie shark.

Chimpbot 03-18-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Smash (Post 2555430)
My wife and I were watching the same show. By the time we signed in, there were over 100k watching. It was a much needed break from the daily news cycle. I also broke my 2 month carb fast and enjoyed a fine Irish libation with her in honor of the day.

I'm glad they wrapped up with I'm Shipping Up To Boston...but it wasn't quite the same without hearing Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced, which may as well be the St. Paddy's Day theme song.

It is, however, one of those songs that's just better with a crowd. Their bagpipe player was also sick, so it would have been missing that, too.

Oh well. It was still fun.